04-05-11 02:44 PM
    Interesting bit of news. But here is my question: Did RIM accidentally (on purpose) let this little tidbit slip out?
    04-05-11 02:46 PM
    Hopefully with OS6.1 it will be able to update all without requiring a separate reboot for each app updated. This is one thing about app installation/deletion on Blackberry that has to change.
    04-05-11 02:57 PM
    Hopefully with OS6.1 it will be able to update all without requiring a separate reboot for each app updated. This is one thing about app installation/deletion on Blackberry that has to change.

I agree, but I have noticed the last few times i've bought apps, there was no reboot. Maybe it's getting better?
    04-05-11 03:08 PM
    some apps require reboot, some dont
    i wish none would : )
    rollingrock1988 likes this.
    04-05-11 03:09 PM
    Interesting bit of news. But here is my question: Did RIM accidentally (on purpose) let this little tidbit slip out?
    I'm wondering the same thing. Could be a risky employee. He better not get caught...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-11 04:24 AM
    I don't reboot the device until I've finished loading all the apps I get, if I get more than one. If it's just one it doesn't really bother me. Guess I'm used to rebooting if I install something new in my laptops.

That said, I vaguely remember that on my 3GS I had an Update All and that it didn't reboot. On the Atrix I think it just does it, I haven't really paid attention.

Being forced to do my OS upgrade via WiFi was a pain, though. I hadn't ever bothered getting a router.

But I digress....
    04-06-11 05:43 AM
    "Either way, it is good to hear of impending improvements, and the hopes that RIM can emulate Android’s Market Place."

Android Market is a POS compared to Apple App Store. I would rather RIM emulate Apple's App Store than the Android Market....
    04-06-11 08:10 AM
    "Either way, it is good to hear of impending improvements, and the hopes that RIM can emulate Android�s Market Place."

Android Market is a POS compared to Apple App Store. I would rather RIM emulate Apple's App Store than the Android Market....
    /\ Very much agree.
    04-06-11 08:27 AM
    "Either way, it is good to hear of impending improvements, and the hopes that RIM can emulate Android�s Market Place."

/\ Very much agree.
    Ditto. I don't like some features of Apple's app store, (like it going back to the top of the list if you look at an app) but it's better than the app market.
    04-09-11 06:27 PM
    Good. They are adding a feature iOS and Android have had for a while. Nice to see they are polishing App World more.
    04-09-11 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD