Yesterday, Michelle posted on crackberry.com that Evernote for phones had been updated. Good news, I thought. I'll grab it when my App World shows the update.

I reboot my phone every night, and about 75% of the time, this is enough for the upgrade notification to come through. Rest of the time, I get no notifications (including today.) So I went to App World to do the Alt-R-S-T routine. And then that takes 3 minutes to re-build my app list. Then I find out that that besides Evernote, there are FOUR other updates I wasn't notified about.

What's going on?? In the past, I've heard it's got something to do with updates hitting carrier servers/different countries at different times, etc. but I realllly doubt that five of my apps (including relatively big name BB apps--FileScout, Weather Plus) released updates all within that "small" window of uncertainty, whatever the reason for it. FWIW, I have around 30 apps installed, and not all of them were installed via App World. The five in question were.

I read somewhere (most likely CB.com ) that App World is being redesigned for BB10. I really hope the team in charge addresses this updates issue. You have the best damn push system available, use it properly. As much as I love these forums and CB.com, I'd rather find out about updates through my phone.
    bbaleno likes this.
    05-15-12 03:47 PM
    AMEN! I went through the exact same thing with my bb last week. Notifications were not pushed to my phone after everyone else had the updates already, then all of a sudden 3 of them popped up. I couldn't agree with you more. Loading times with app world are still horrendous and need a lot of work too I feel.
    05-15-12 03:59 PM
    Wow..Thanks OP...I was waiting for my notifications to come, I had Alt-R-S-T a few times with reboot with no prompts, then I decided to go into my world and lo and behold 8 updates!

How is it possible that RIM has best in class device/application management with BES/Mobile Fusion and AppWorld does not manage or push anything properly?
    05-15-12 04:02 PM
    That is because you are all crackberry forum members. The problem is that you will hear about looooooooong before the update or notification is even ready to be pushed to you.

Just Alt-RST before bed, or just before you take a shower.

A watched applications list never refreshes!!!

Seriously though, there have been reports of notifications from app world not being pushed to devices, or rather the way they are are just not showing up. I had several that I had to open up App World to check(Evernote being one of them too), but today I received a notification from app world about a Crunch update.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    05-15-12 05:08 PM
    Yeah the updates on the Playbook actually work. So I think you guys will be fine.
    05-15-12 05:50 PM
    Same thing with me for my 9900. Did not get a Say It app update until I went into App World myself and saw the Upgrade 1 Available.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-15-12 06:08 PM
    Same thing with me for my 9900. Did not get a Say It app update until I went into App World myself and saw the Upgrade 1 Available.

Count your lucky stars. At least your App World is showing upgrades.

That is because you are all crackberry forum members. The problem is that you will hear about looooooooong before the update or notification is even ready to be pushed to you.

Just Alt-RST before bed, or just before you take a shower.

A watched applications list never refreshes!!!

Seriously though, there have been reports of notifications from app world not being pushed to devices, or rather the way they are are just not showing up. I had several that I had to open up App World to check(Evernote being one of them too), but today I received a notification from app world about a Crunch update.
    That may be what's happening to me. May RIM should hire spammers who advertise their apps. I get their pushed updates all the time
    05-15-12 06:21 PM
    Wow. That's crazy. On my old BB's I was always notified when Their we're updates. O.o

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    05-15-12 07:25 PM
    Count your lucky stars. At least your App World is showing upgrades.
    But I am not getting any App World icon notifications on my homescreen. Odd thing is This started happening when I updated to .402.

05-15-12 08:15 PM
    But I am not getting any App World icon notifications on my homescreen. Odd thing is This started happening when I updated to .402.

Since we are on different devices, OS build has nothing to do with it. I'm running AW v3.1.2.32

One thing is clear: this isn't a carrier-specific or a country/region specific problem.
    05-15-12 08:38 PM
    To the OP, did you try refreshing the upgrades in app world?
    05-15-12 08:44 PM
    To the OP, did you try refreshing the upgrades in app world?
    That's what Alt-R-S-T is supposed to do. I did that, and after the 'my world' section was updated, I found five updates.

I'd rather not do manual checks every time, given the re-building takes 3 minutes.
    05-15-12 08:52 PM
    Its supposed to refresh your app list. I am liking not getting them. Then when I have the time I go through my list and check them and do all the updates at once. Makes no diff to me as long as I know I may not get them all.
    05-15-12 09:06 PM
    I just noticed this today. I turned on my 9330 and automatically got notifications for app upgrades, but for my 9810, I had to refresh my app list in app world before I could see any upgrades

Sent from my Beloved BlackBerry Torch 9810 using Tapatalk
    05-15-12 11:03 PM
    I just noticed this as well and I have 12 upgrades waiting! What is going on here?
    06-20-12 12:26 PM
    And again.

This time, it's Evernote, Google Talk, Email++, WLM, and Photo Editor Ultimate.
    07-06-12 12:24 PM
    Noticed this too a while back. I have gotten in the habit of just going to appworld/myworld and clicking on every app I have downloaded to be sure. The "upgrades" in the pull down are not accurate either. It maybe just a way to get all of us to spend more time on appworld!
    07-13-12 08:09 PM
    App world Got an update today. Maybe things will get better.
    07-13-12 09:54 PM
    App world Got an update today. Maybe things will get better.
    CB reported App World 3.1.4.25 over 2 days ago. Even though it says that the updated App World does not yet appear in App World (recursive App World?) I would have expected to get a notification by now. I'm tempted to go to the download link directly, but I'm also curious when I'll see the notification.
    07-13-12 10:40 PM
    It is quite frustrating. It's happened to me that I get on AppWorld and have to do what one poster said, open an app that I know has got an upgrade just to force the issue. Shouldn't have to do that.
    07-14-12 06:39 AM
    Anyone getting pushed updates to the home screen? i still am not...
    08-26-12 07:36 PM
    Anyone getting pushed updates to the home screen? i still am not...

Nope. I no longer get notified on the home screen. I have to open App World and check if there are updates waiting to be installed.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    08-26-12 08:00 PM
    ONCE since I started this thread did I get a notification...and it was after I did a check for updates
    08-27-12 11:21 AM
    have two updates on myworld but no notification on the home screen
    09-02-12 06:43 PM
    I'm also not getting any notifications.

I have to go in every once in a while and manually refresh my app list to see if any have updates.
    09-13-12 12:20 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD