What is best for getting my coordinates, emailing them to a friend, and then they can get directions to where I am?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 08:25 PM
    Google maps works really well.

08-24-09 09:00 PM
    How do you get coordinates from G Maps?

Google maps works really well.

08-24-09 09:29 PM
    I don't know if you can get coordinates but you can share your location with other people using Google Latitude Google Latitude
    08-25-09 02:05 PM
    You can use BlackStar. It will display your current coordinates, there is a menu item to copy the coordinates to your clipboard. You can then open an email and past them in.

In the future, maybe not distant, you will just click one button and BlackStar will open an email or text for you to address then send.
    08-25-09 05:38 PM
    Just use the FREE GPSED application. To send your coordinates wherever you are just click "email/sms coordinates" and you are done. One step.
    08-28-09 04:24 PM
    Lattitude in Google Maps would work well for that, I think.

If you have access to Loopt (depending on carrier), that could also show you were friends are.
    08-28-09 07:02 PM
    Gpslogger is a sweet little program to. Latitude blows if you ask me. It only shares cell tower location unless you have gmaps up and active on your phone. If you want to see where someone is and they have gmaps running in the background on there phone, all you going to see is a approximate location. Plus, it updates too infrequenty...

08-28-09 07:23 PM
    There is an application that I downloaded from Blackberry App World called "Carfinder" by neosistic.com. It is a great app that gives your present coordinates and saves them so you can use those coordinates to find your vehicle......You can also send those coordinates to people via email. The app also has a compass to show you where you are going so you can find your car.....Oh, and the best thing is......it's FREE.
    08-29-09 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD