I was thinking about an app that seems like a good idea (Not saying I am designing because I have no clue how to do that). Basically it uses the phones GPS to search for the cheapest gas stations in your area (if you are on a road trip this could come in handy too) and you can select it and it will map you to it.

I don't know if there is anything out there like this, but it seems like it could be very useful.

It may even be something slick that the people of Poynt could incorporate into their app as well.
    02-28-09 11:22 AM
    This can definitely be done. I have seen it done for in car computers (Carputers). The app/plug-in/program uses GPS location to determine local gas stations and gives their prices as of that day.
    02-28-09 11:32 AM
    Garmin Mobile has this built in
    02-28-09 11:35 AM
    I was looking for something like this the other day. I know vznav and garmin mobile does this but it would be nice if this functionality was added to poynt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 11:45 AM
    This is very plausible, but this isn't something that can easily be implemented. Because it would need to pull constantly updated information from a Database. Thus would cost money to the developer.

But yes, i think this would be an awesome idea, i would specifically like to see this built into poynt. I think it would be a great addition
    02-28-09 11:54 AM
    Vz nav does this as well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 12:09 PM
    I have telenav and it does this as well. Very nice application for the same price as VZnavigator and better imo.
    02-28-09 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD