I used to do online banking with not being able to get out much. Suddenly there was a keystroke logger on my PC....goodness knows from where as the PC has for a very long time, only been used for banking, even opening onto the bank login page. So the keystroke logger stayed and the online banking was discontinued.

But choice now if I wanted to bank from the phone? An android app. It's only last year that my friend logged into her bank using her android to pay a bill....and a few days later logging into the bank found she was just in time to stop a huge transfer of money that she hadn't authorised.....hacked. Her account had to be closed, new account, new cards etc.

At least with my Curve I could have gone on to the bank website and downloaded the app which was for BBOS and felt fairly safe as it wasn't an android app.

Looking in Blackberry World there are quite a few banking apps....but mostly non UK banks. And baking apps for most are a must. It's a shame the banking apps haven't been 'made for BlackBerry '.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 06:06 AM
    There's only one app that I miss and that's BlackBerry News. Best RSS app ever imo. I still can't find one where I can read the article in the hub.

Running 10.2.1.2195
    I'm still working to port this one

Posted from Blackberry Q5 via CB10
    02-09-14 06:09 AM
    Agree! They need to direct advertising at legacy users to get them to know what's new, what isn't there from legacy and the BB10 alternatives, as well as the advertising to the general users, needs to happen fast!

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    They do . I get emails from BlackBerry all the time. The problem for me is with the phones themselves not the software. I want a bigger screened physical keyboard phone or a Z model that has a 4.7 inch screen with small bezels and the same body size as a Z10, just like a Moto X.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    02-09-14 10:19 AM
    They do . I get emails from BlackBerry all the time. The problem for me is with the phones themselves not the software. I want a bigger screened physical keyboard phone or a Z model that has a 4.7 inch screen with small bezels and the same body size as a Z10, just like a Moto X.

I rarely get emailed, it doesn't seem to be even accords the board. And even so that's just one avenue it's not widespread enough that it becomes common knowledge... and what about the Z30 too big for you?

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-09-14 10:21 AM
    I used to do online banking with not being able to get out much. Suddenly there was a keystroke logger on my PC....goodness knows from where as the PC has for a very long time, only been used for banking, even opening onto the bank login page. So the keystroke logger stayed and the online banking was discontinued.

But choice now if I wanted to bank from the phone? An android app. It's only last year that my friend logged into her bank using her android to pay a bill....and a few days later logging into the bank found she was just in time to stop a huge transfer of money that she hadn't authorised.....hacked. Her account had to be closed, new account, new cards etc.

At least with my Curve I could have gone on to the bank website and downloaded the app which was for BBOS and felt fairly safe as it wasn't an android app.

Looking in Blackberry World there are quite a few banking apps....but mostly non UK banks. And baking apps for most are a must. It's a shame the banking apps haven't been 'made for BlackBerry '.

Posted via CB10
    There is zero evidence that an android banking app is less secure than BB10 native app, or a iOS banking app or a BBOS banking app. Hackers get your card info from terminals that have been hacked or on some websites where you use your bank card or by hacking in to a stores software. The bank provides the app and guarantees its use. Get the app from the banks website and do not use a bank app or bank website on a public WIFI site.

The bank app can actually prevent fraud where it alerts you that your bank card has been used.

http://www.banksafeonline.org.uk/mob...r-mobiledevice

The moral of the story for all modern smart phones is to get your app from a reputable source and use a malware detection app. I would presume that BB10 would need both a BB10 and android virus checker apps.

As far as your BBOS bank app... How long will your bank support it ?
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 02-09-14 at 12:49 PM.
    02-09-14 10:30 AM
    I rarely get emailed, it doesn't seem to be even accords the board. And even so that's just one avenue it's not widespread enough that it becomes common knowledge... and what about the Z30 too big for you?

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    The physical size of the device is 140.7 X 72 . I like a phone about the same size as a Z10 but with a 4.7 inch screen just like a Moto x. The Moto X weighs in at 130 grams where the Z30 is 170 grams.
    The Z10 size would be perfect for me had it smaller bezels and a larger screen. My Carrier does not sell the Moto X though.
    02-09-14 12:43 PM
    The physical size of the device is 140.7 X 72 . I like a phone about the same size as a Z10 but with a 4.7 inch screen just like a Moto x. The Moto X weighs in at 130 grams where the Z30 is 170 grams.
    The Z10 size would be perfect for me had it smaller bezels and a larger screen. My Carrier does not sell the Moto X though.
    Have you physically tried out and tested the Z30 though?

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-09-14 01:01 PM
    What sorcery is this.. BB10's quality goes far beyond previous offering/capabilities.
    02-09-14 01:03 PM
    Have you physically tried out and tested the Z30 though?

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Yes -
    Build quality is VG . I am wanting a Z30 mini.
    02-09-14 05:35 PM
    Yes -
    Build quality is VG . I am wanting a Z30 mini.
    Hmm fair enough, might have to wait a little for that

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-10-14 01:03 AM
35 12