Hi,
    I am 14 years old, however I consider myself to pretty smart and technologically informed. However, I am by no terms, a geek. My summer project I thought of for myself was to try to create a basic app, most likely a game. I do not have a Mac, so I cannot develop a direct iOS app. However, the DragonFireSDK software allows Windows development in C++ and a conversion into an iOS app. Without knowing any code (Objective C or C++) I was wondering a) whether to develop a BlackBerry (or PlayBook) app or iPhone app and b) what a reliable source is to learn the proper coding. I know that the Java hosting of BlackBerry apps makes them easier to create, but I figure that I would then have to optimize different versions for the variety of different models on the market. Also, the faster processors and better graphics of the iDevices makes the games much more fluid than those of a BlackBerry. I know that everyone on this site will encourage me to develop a BlackBerry app, but with an open mind and from my perspective, which would be more logical; an iPhone app or a BlackBerry app? Thank you, look forward to hearing your feedback.

Adam Carnicelli
    06-29-11 04:57 PM
    Maybe you could try creating a Playbook app with Adobe AIR. Do a search on "Playbook SDK".

I believe AIR can also be multiplatform so that you can convert it to an IOS app in the future.
    06-29-11 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD