A mysterious file has appeared in my pictures in the media file on the media card. It is named AosDontDeleteMe and just has the picture icon, no image. Is this a virus? what should I do? I thought BBs could not get viruses....
    07-10-12 12:02 AM
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aszkvjHoc9g[/YT]
    07-10-12 12:48 AM
    I was hoping this was a reply to my question. Can anyone shed any light on it for me please?
    07-10-12 07:13 AM
    BlackBerry devices themselves aren't susceptible to your run of the mill virus as a PC is. If you connected your device to an infected PC however, the PC virus itself could have copied itself to the memory card (keep in mind media cards usually mount as a drive on the PC when connected, and would thus be able to be infected like any other drive). Go into the file properties (from the BlackBerry) and see what it says there.
    Beth1955 likes this.
    07-10-12 07:25 AM
    Thank you Sith, It says /Device memory/home/user/pictures/MultiWallpaper1/AosdontdeleteMe.jpg
    Size 0 bytes
    Image file
    Created: Jun 27, 2012 5:55am

I would not have had BlackBerry hooked up to the PC then as I was on the road going to work at that hour! My pc is protected with AVG full antivirus and firewall and is not showing any problems.
    07-10-12 07:38 AM
    It's not a virus. More likely an icon from an app you installed. Judging from the directory, more like a wallpaper changing app or something.
    Sith_Apprentice and Beth1955 like this.
    07-10-12 07:51 AM
    Thank you so much. I did install a couple of free themes just recently. Not sure what day I did them. thanks for the peace of mind and I LOVE your Latin signature!!
    07-10-12 08:00 AM
    Thank you both, you have been very helpful to my technologically challenged self!
    07-10-12 08:20 AM
    I apologize. I did a Google search for AosDontDeleteMe and it gave only 2 results. One for this post and one for a generic tech site selling IT services. I mistook your post for vulture spam.
    07-10-12 12:42 PM
    AosDontDeleteMe? How about a file used by Advance OS and LED's Multi-Wallpaper feature? The image source folder defaults to MultiWallpaper1 as well...
    07-10-12 12:55 PM
    A mysterious file has appeared in my pictures in the media file on the media card. It is named AosDontDeleteMe and just has the picture icon, no image. Is this a virus? what should I do? I thought BBs could not get viruses....
    It is from Advance OS and LED screenshot feature. It has no effect on the device and nothing to worry about. I spoke with Sultan the developer and he said that u can just delete the file. It won't stop anything in the app from working if its not there.
    Last edited by jordan559; 07-10-12 at 01:55 PM.
    07-10-12 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD