I was wondering if there are any differences between the to e-mail services with regards to the Blackberry.
    09-10-09 12:10 PM
    gmail has an app which gives you full access to your email. aol does not
    09-10-09 12:14 PM
    Simple, AOL sucks and Gmail does not suck. Next question?
    09-10-09 01:19 PM
    Hehe - I currently have AOL but was thinking of switching to G-Mail. It has been getting annoying how long it takes for AOL to reconcile. Would you say G-Mail was the best web-based e-mail service?
    09-10-09 01:30 PM
    I've been on gmail for years. Since you needed an invite to even sign up. I've never left for another email service. G-mail is hands down the best imo. Although with my computers performance slowing down it's sometimes hard to load it in the standard mode, so I've had to revert to the basic HTML mode.

Regardless of my computer's performance, I still love gmail and always will.
    09-10-09 01:37 PM
    I've been on gmail for years. Since you needed an invite to even sign up. I've never left for another email service. G-mail is hands down the best imo. Although with my computers performance slowing down it's sometimes hard to load it in the standard mode, so I've had to revert to the basic HTML mode.

Regardless of my computer's performance, I still love gmail and always will.
    I always connect to Gmail through a dinosaur laptop, using my BB as the modem, most often with Bluetooth. I can usually get the Standard Mode to load except when, it seems, there's network congestion. Gmail is good stuff. The Gmail app on your BB is even better.
    09-10-09 01:43 PM
    There is nothing wrong with AOL, sheez. Millions of people use aol.
    09-10-09 01:44 PM
    Though I don't care for AOL I know a few people who still use it and don't have a problem. I use several Gmail accounts and I'm very happy though
    09-10-09 01:47 PM
    Don't get me wrong. I have gmail and it works great, but there is nothing wrong with the AOL mail either.
    09-10-09 01:53 PM
    I have each on my phone and Gmail definetly pushes faster.

AOL is more of a "fetch"
    09-10-09 01:56 PM
    I've never had AOL, but I have Gmail and I think it's fantastic. I've also loaded the Gmail app onto my Curve, and I really like how it works. I think there are a couple things that they need to fix, like if you send a message I want to see that it's sent within the Gmail app, as in it should start a new conversation header and log my initial e-mail there, instead of bypassing it and sending it straight to the messages app, but i digress...

Gmail all the way fo sho!
    09-10-09 02:04 PM
    I have both. The only comment between the two is spam filtering seems better on gmail but that may be because I get about 20 spam messages a day on gmail (0 getting through the filter) but only 1 or 2 a day on aol (1 or 2 a month getting through). AOL's email hit my BB about the same time it hit outlook so about the same speed as gmail.
    09-10-09 03:46 PM
    I've been using Gmail since its conception. I think the webmail interface is very user friendly and has a lot options to customize to the user's preferences. For the last year, I've been using gmail on my Storm and I absolutely love it. I have the Gmail app and the Enhanced Gmail upgrade. Google has done a great job with Gmail and I doubt AOL can ever compare to the monster known as Google.
    09-10-09 03:48 PM
    AOL has way to many delays and down time. Gmail works the best on a BlackBerry in my opinion, it's the fastest too...
    09-10-09 03:50 PM
    Gmail is the fastest with Blackberry and has Instant Push. Yahoo is the 2nd fastest.

Everything else (including aol) uses the 15 min polling interval, which takes longer to get your mail. Check out the link in my signature for a detailed explanation.
    09-10-09 03:53 PM
    So if I delete an e-mail on my computer will it delete on BB as well? If so, how long will it take? Also, is there a way so that my BB only shows my gmail inbox and not the folders? Does the gmail e-mails appear in my messages folder?
    09-10-09 04:01 PM
    deleted emails from the computer will not be removed from the BB.
    09-10-09 08:42 PM
    Is there any e-mail service that will delete e-mails from the bberry when they are deleted on the computer?
    09-10-09 09:04 PM
    I use both, but I seem to get my AOL messages delivered to my BB much faster than my G-Mail.
    09-10-09 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD