Mine continues to read "no GPS reception" and it wont get away from thinking i am in Kansas. is there something i need to enable/disable in order to make the GPS work? i get nothing at my home or office and have never had a problem with blackberry maps (other than its bad locating)

i appreciate any help
    12-12-08 02:24 PM
    in advanced options click on GPS and make sure your location is not set to e911. Turn it on, and you should be ok.

options > advanced > GPS > Toggle to Location On if its on e911

On a side note, you are going to love the app
    12-12-08 02:27 PM
    in advanced options click on GPS and make sure your location is not set to e911. Turn it on, and you should be ok.

thank you for responding PSU. i checked, and my GPs is already set to Location On, but it still just searches for satelittes. its just odd because i never had this problem with BB maps or any other location program.

thanks anyway for your help. beat the trojans!
    12-12-08 02:33 PM
    try to view maps and then gonna take a few minutes to current place...
    12-12-08 02:35 PM
    I agree this is the best app native to the Storm. Its quick as **** and works perfectly. I was skeptical at first but its the best $99 I've spent in a long time.
    12-12-08 02:37 PM
    mine is workin fine. no issues
    12-12-08 02:38 PM
    LOVE my garmin! gps is working fine/with my car garmin (prior blackberry model), i'd have to go outside to catch a satellite.
    12-12-08 02:40 PM
    mine does the same thing sometimes but once I start navigating it starts reading faster.
    12-12-08 02:43 PM

Also make sure that location aiding is set to enabled. This will help locate your position a lot quicker.
    12-12-08 02:43 PM
    LOVE my garmin! gps is working fine/with my car garmin (prior blackberry model), i'd have to go outside to catch a satellite.
    Assuming the bb Garmin uses the same satellites as a "hardware" Garmin, then it may have issues inside "buildings" and with certain spots inside the car if it doesn't have a clear shot out the window. My Nuvi will struggle if I take it off of the dash and put it on the front seat.

Not a big issue...unless you need a gps to navigate your offices ;-)
    12-12-08 10:36 PM
    I had this problem. Had to soft reset to fix it. No gps was working in any of my apps. My phone is crap though exchanging soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD