I currently have a Tour and a Bold. My company pays for everything for my Tour and I use the Bold as my personal phone only. I also have an iPhone 3GS which I swap sims back and forth with my Bold. I was toying with the idea of getting rid of either the Bold or the 3GS and just keeping one for personal use.

Anybody doing anything similar out there with 2 Blackberry's? If so, why do you keep the second one and not use something else?

Thanks, D
    07-23-09 08:09 PM
    Work: Curve 8330
    Personal: Tour 9630

Why have both, Work has NO idea about technology and usage so I can't do anything but read e-mails with my curve,

I have the tour, for Games, personal e-mails WITH attachment downloading, web surfing, txting and everything else. I'd gladly give back my Work Curve and go 100% tour and be reimbursed for usage, but that will never happen.
    07-23-09 08:54 PM
    I have the Storm and the Tour.

Tour: personal
    Storm: busn that I run and personal

I love my Storm and when the Tour came out, I had to have it. I had two lines anyway, so I took the plunge. Could not give up my large Storm screen!
    07-23-09 09:07 PM
    I have the bold the the 8900. Both personal. if I'm in your shoes, I'd keep the iphone 3gs as a personal fone.should fit perfectly for your other needs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 09:16 PM
    Work - 8703e
    Personal - Tour 9630

Keep both on me during week days. Personal calls, IMs, SMS and emails going to the 9630. Forward the work berry to the personal berry after hours in case of urgent calls, and carry just the 9630 after 5pm and all day on weekends. Also get work emails through BIS on the Tour.

Reason why I keep both is I'd like to have a berry that is not hooked up to the company's BES. Also, when I go on holidays, I can just forward the work berry to the office, shut it off, and still have a berry to use, instead of being dependent on a company phone.
    07-24-09 01:18 AM
    Work - Bold
    Personal - Storm 9530

I drag both around all the time, as I'm in tech, and get server status notifications to my work berry.
    07-24-09 01:21 AM
    Work - Tour
    Personal - Onyx, bold, curve, gemini.

I like to play with phones I guess....
    07-24-09 01:56 AM
    Work: Curve 8330
    Personal: Tour 9630

Why have both, Work has NO idea about technology and usage so I can't do anything but read e-mails with my curve,

I have the tour, for Games, personal e-mails WITH attachment downloading, web surfing, txting and everything else. I'd gladly give back my Work Curve and go 100% tour and be reimbursed for usage, but that will never happen.
    07-24-09 01:59 AM
    i have a tour and bold
    07-24-09 02:08 AM
    8830we for work data only for service calls, emails, bbm

8130 for personal
    07-24-09 03:22 AM
    I have a Tour for personal use.

I use my Curve as backup (take it when boating, to football games etc where I don't want to risk my Tour - just retired the Pearl from this duty -- the trickle-down effect). It also is my PAM phone.

My work BB is the 8800 -- gotta have a no-camera device for work. May be a little long in the tooth for OS but it still does fine for the task of email, calendar, contacts and SMS.
    07-24-09 06:17 AM
    I have a Tour for personal use.

I use my Curve as backup (take it when boating, to football games etc where I don't want to risk my Tour - just retired the Pearl from this duty -- the trickle-down effect). It also is my PAM phone.

My work BB is the 8800 -- gotta have a no-camera device for work. May be a little long in the tooth for OS but it still does fine for the task of email, calendar, contacts and SMS.
    I wanted to do something like this as well with my tour and curve, and I noticed you have sprint. But in order to switch between the two do you call up sprint and deactivate one and activate the other every time? Is there an easier way to switch between phones for sprint?
    07-24-09 06:32 AM
    Tour=Personal
    Storm=Work

I was rockin 2 for about six months but luckily my work isn't to hung up with me using their equipment. So I transferred my Storm to my work account and went Tourin.
    07-24-09 06:52 AM
    Two 8900's one for work and one personal. I have two because work used to have them locked down you couldn't do much but they have since relaxed the policy so I don't really need two but I like not having work with me all the time.
    07-24-09 07:31 AM
    Personal: iPhone 3GS
    Work & Personal: BB Tour

The iPhone is getting less and less use as I find one device for everything much more convenient. On most days, the iPhone is simply left at home and gets used for web surfing when I don't feel like pulling out the laptop.
    07-24-09 07:47 AM
    Work: Curve 8320
    Personal: Curve 8900

I got the 8900 to replace my personal Treo 750. Having two BBs is handy to keep personal stuff separate from work stuff. Things like web browsing, messaging, etc.
    07-24-09 11:00 AM
    Work = 8320
    Personal = 8330

Work one sits in my laptop bag almost 90% of the time.
    07-24-09 11:02 AM
    Work: 8330 Curve
    Small Business: iPhone 3GS
    Personal: 9530 Storm

My Curve is used exclusively when I travel for work, it has the best call quality of any of my 3 phones and I use it exclusively for my "day job"

my iPhone is used exclusively for my small business it syncs perfectly with Exchange and I have over 20 subfolders and a huge calendar that I need synced wirelessly. It has great integration with my SharePoint portals and runs my web-based productivity reports flawlessly with no size or download limitations.

My Storm is for personal use, I use it to sync my Gmail, Hotmail, AOL, and Yahoo web-based email accounts and for BBM sessions and MMS since AT&T doesn't support that yet.......
    07-24-09 11:33 AM
    i have strom for buss...
    07-24-09 11:33 PM
    Curve for work. It is locked down real tight. Nothing non-business works on it. But hey, it belongsto them, so that's ok.

Storm personal. Had that before I got the job. Read the work policy of no personal use and kept my storm. Seems fair to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD