Has anyone here use allsport GPS or seen any reviews? I am thinking of using it to help feed my mountain bike addiction but would like to see some existing users opinions

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-08 06:49 AM
    I have just tried Allsport GPS 2.4 on my 8310 Curve and it doesn't work. It hangs when stopping running and then fails after some minutes. No reaction from Support since I opened a ticket.
    I am looking for other running/sports GPS softwares but havn't found yet...
    08-19-08 12:34 AM
    I've started using it in the last month. So far it has worked well on my 8310. I use it for walking so can't really help on rest of the sports.
    08-21-08 12:54 PM
    I've used it for about 6 months on and off (mostly my running is on and off due to injuries).

It does occasionally crash on save of event (which sucks) but it can be avoided in 2 ways:
    1. Restart blackberry for clean memory space before run, or
    2. Change the setting to not automatically upload after save (which is default) and go in upload it after the fact.

For me this solved the hang problem, and I should say it only happened 1 out of 10 times I used it.

Otherwise a very impressive program with a very useful web interface included in the the price. It has just merged with the web interface of the other trimble product which added a few features.

The BB software also allows you to save tracks and 'race' against them in the future. Great training tool!

Combine this with stereo bluetooth headset (start the media application before allsportsgps which seems to like to stay 'on top' and control the music with the headset - I use the Motorola S9) and the curve becomes one nifty running gadget!!

Only thing I would add is voice alerts that a program called sportsdo (sportsdo.net) for WinMo platform has. It lets you know your speed, time distance etc over the headphones. I miss that, but can live without it.

Cheers.
    08-22-08 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD