I got a crazy idea over the holidays to buy a used iPhone 5-something (6+ if I win the lottery) and outfit it with an Olloclip for taking super nice pics, off-network of course. Love my Z10, and might get the Classic when it comes to Verizon, but I still long for the fantastic photos that iPhone optics are known for taking. Anybody do this or something similar? Any thoughts? Thanks for any input!
    01-09-15 03:48 PM
    you may as well buy a Sony camera or Canon or something better than a iphone then.
    01-09-15 03:53 PM
    No

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    01-09-15 03:53 PM
    Honestly, as others have said. If you goal is the camera, save yourself money/ higher quality camera with a real camera

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 03:58 PM
    I actually tried the small Nikon route, but seriously the pictures aren't all that impressive. Since I continue to be awed by friends' iPhone pics, that is why I started thinking in this direction.

VZW Z10 on 10.3.1.1949
    01-09-15 04:10 PM
    I actually tried the small Nikon route, but seriously the pictures aren't all that impressive. Since I continue to be awed by friends' iPhone pics, that is why I started thinking in this direction.

VZW Z10 on 10.3.1.1949
    The pictures by iPhones are already processed..might be a reason

I am zee that is the 10
    01-09-15 04:27 PM

VZW Z10 on 10.3.1.1949
    Try this one,
    30 timescoptical zoom
    about the same price range
    not too big
    Better picture quality (view them on a pc monitor)

http://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00I3BT...UvbUpU11243956

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 04:27 PM
    I use a Canon P & S when I need good quality pictures. My Z30 camera is only ever used for the odd snap.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.2.1.3062 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-09-15 04:32 PM
    Try this one,
    30 timescoptical zoom
    about the same price range
    not too big
    Better picture quality (view them on a pc monitor)

http://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00I3BT...UvbUpU11243969

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I will definitely look into this.

VZW Z10 on 10.3.1.1949
    01-09-15 04:35 PM
    This is one of the most ridiculous things I have read on here.

Any half decent dedicated camera at the price of a new Iphone 6 will kick Iphone camera's arse, not to mention things like SD expansion, true optical zoom, and xenon flash on dedicated cameras.
    01-09-15 04:38 PM
    Buying an iphone for a camera is a waste. The camera is great for a phone but not good enough as a $600 camera. I have an ipod touch I use with my passport. Takes decent pics.

Posted via CB10 with my powerful Passport
    mkelley65 likes this.
    01-09-15 05:41 PM
    I do this and send pics to my Passport through BBM. Exactly like this.

Day to day my Passport.
    iPhone5 on the side for apps and camera.

Pasaporte Pilipino.
    01-09-15 05:50 PM
    I use a Q10 as my daily driver and an HTC one m8 as the " recreational" device.. camera included.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    01-09-15 07:38 PM
    I got a crazy idea over the holidays to buy a used iPhone 5-something (6+ if I win the lottery) and outfit it with an Olloclip for taking super nice pics, off-network of course. Love my Z10, and might get the Classic when it comes to Verizon, but I still long for the fantastic photos that iPhone optics are known for taking. Anybody do this or something similar? Any thoughts? Thanks for any input!
    If I want to take higher quality pictures than my Z10 can produce, I use my Nokia Lumia. The camera and camera apps on those devices are amazing! It fits right into my back pocket and if push comes to shove, I can drop my SIM into it and have the phone too.

I am not looking for a shoot-out nor interested in a debate but I will add that the Lumia's have the best phone cameras I have ever seen. Just being able to control the shutter speed aids in making great shots. Shoots in the dark too!
    bluegreen1965 likes this.
    01-09-15 08:30 PM
    This threads responses are pathetic. If the guy said he was using a Z30 as a secondary camera you'd be all "Oh what a great idea, that is great!" And the Z30 camera is decent at best. He's not even using the iPhone as his phone and let's face it, unless you have perfect lighting and a still subject you are taking a poor picture with your Blackberry.

OP the iPhone takes nice photos and I actually do the same thing (both phones on network though). If the day comes when BB offers a camera comparable to other high end phones I will use it as my sole camera. Right now they are not in the same ballpark.
    01-09-15 10:02 PM
    This is one of the most ridiculous things I have read on here.

Any half decent dedicated camera at the price of a new Iphone 6 will kick Iphone camera's arse, not to mention things like SD expansion, true optical zoom, and xenon flash on dedicated cameras.
    $600 cameras are weighty and bulkier than an I6+. Besides I said it would be an I5 unless a money tree showed up.

VZW Z10 on 10.3.1.1949
    01-09-15 10:20 PM
    If you want an iPhone for the sole purpose of taking pictures, then I'd suggest you're better off spending the money on a Canon or Nikon ultra compact camera. While the iPhone is able to produce very good pictures, you just can't beat the optics and hardware of a "real" camera.

Now if you had some other use for the iPhone as well (ie. dedicated media player, app device) then it may make sense to buy one to use as a companion device to your Z10.
    01-09-15 11:01 PM
    I personally just carry one device, but I don't take many pictures. I'm fine using the camera on my BlackBerry for quick snaps and video. I believe it's all about personal preference.

ToyaKnowsBest.squarespace.com
    01-10-15 01:33 AM
    I personally just carry one device, but I don't take many pictures. I'm fine using the camera on my BlackBerry for quick snaps and video. I believe it's all about personal preference.

ToyaKnowsBest.squarespace.com
    Yah same here....to be honest I've never taken a picture with my z30 and not be satisfied with it.....plus with 10.3.1 latest leak the camera is much much better.. it's not the hardware but the software that need to be improved.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 07:00 AM
    This threads responses are pathetic. If the guy said he was using a Z30 as a secondary camera you'd be all "Oh what a great idea, that is great!" And the Z30 camera is decent at best. He's not even using the iPhone as his phone and let's face it, unless you have perfect lighting and a still subject you are taking a poor picture with your Blackberry.

OP the iPhone takes nice photos and I actually do the same thing (both phones on network though). If the day comes when BB offers a camera comparable to other high end phones I will use it as my sole camera. Right now they are not in the same ballpark.
    Has nothing to do with an iPhone. All everyone is saying is, if it's solely for the picture quality, then he can get ridiculously good cameras for way under the amount. Common don't be daft!!

Why buy a phone for its camera when you can buy a camera for its camera.

You know what's ironic? You are one of the people here that condemns people saying "better android than android ".. kinda similar logic here. If it's based solely on picture, then you still can't beat the hardware on a camera

I am zee that is the 10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    01-10-15 08:41 AM
    Has nothing to do with an iPhone. All everyone is saying is, if it's solely for the picture quality, then he can get ridiculously good cameras for way under the amount. Common don't be daft!!

Why buy a phone for its camera when you can buy a camera for its camera.

You know what's ironic? You are one of the people here that condemns people saying "better android than android ".. kinda similar logic here. If it's based solely on picture, then you still can't beat the hardware on a camera

I am zee that is the 10
    Spike you are acting like an iPhone costs similarly to a DSLR camera. You can get an iPhone 5 for under $200 on eBay and less on Craigslist. The idea that the OP is going to be spending a fortune on an iPhone 5 is ridiculous.

If you honestly believe that if he said he was doing the same thing with a Z30 that the responses would be the same then that's pure fantasy. He'd get responses of "Oh yeah great idea", "I do the same thing." There are advantages to doing what the OP wants to do such as portability; WiFi access, and additional apps to edit photos right on the phone. Acting like he's going to be spending a fortune doing this when he can get a high end camera is just silly, because it's not remotely the same.

And yes I'm critical of the "Better Android than Android" because it's a ludicrous statement. I'm not claiming that an iPhone is better than a high end camera, but what you get with it with the features I mentioned above doesn't make it a crazy idea, and is actually more affordable than going out and buying a nice camera.
    01-10-15 08:50 AM
    If I ever won a lottery I'd better get myself a full frame Nikon camera and bunch of assorted BlackBerry 10 devices. :P

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1949
    01-10-15 08:54 AM
    I have an off-network iPhone 5 and it's very handy for taking photos and videos. Its small size makes it unobtrusive to use. I've downloaded a few apps to it for editing and sharing the images over wifi. I also use Dropbox's auto-upload feature to store my photos and videos remotely for easy access.
    bluegreen1965 and Agatonga like this.
    01-10-15 09:31 AM
    Hey here is a wild and crazy idea how about getting a dslr to take pictures

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    01-10-15 11:19 AM
    Hey here is a wild and crazy idea how about getting a dslr to take pictures

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    Ha ha, totally agree.... Phones are phones, you want a quality picture then use a camera. I use my phone for pictures out of convenience, mind you I'm not taking them to be 11x20 glossy print for my wall either.

Sent from the device that works best for me using Tapatalk HD
    01-10-15 12:15 PM
62 123