Hey everyone! Just like the subject states have you ever used an unlocked bb?I'm selling my moms iPhone for her and my sister is going to use the $ to buy a bb. She really likes the pink curve for verizon but we have AT&T. So has anyone had any problems with unlocked phones? Any info would be appreciated thanks
    04-29-09 01:31 PM
    they are better than the original

verizon uses different network
    cant unlock verizon no sim card
    craigslist tonns of curves fr sale now since 8900 came out.

oh. get 8900 instead lol
    04-29-09 01:41 PM
    You can unlock the Verizon storm and 8830, but the 8830's are a pain.

I would stick with the 8900 Curve or 9000 Bold
    04-29-09 02:01 PM
    All of my BB's have been unlocked. Granted I unlocked them but still. Oh and 8900 owns bold everytime

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 02:12 PM
    interesting.. thanks you guys.
    I'll definitely check out ebay. My sister want's the bold (that's what I have) but it's too expensive. I'll def check out the curves
    04-29-09 10:45 PM
    I won the Haiku contest here on Crackberry and I selected the Bold as my prize. My carrier is Centnnial Wireless and when my Bold arrives, it was a branded AT & T phone. I called AT & T on a Friday night and I had to fax them documentation of the contest along with my contact information, pin number and IMEI number. They said it would be 48 hours b4 I would receive my "unlock code". The following Monday morning I received it, plugged it in and I've been up and running with no problems.
    04-30-09 12:24 AM
    curve is the NEW bold lol
    04-30-09 01:06 AM
    What about using things like the blackberry app store and msn messenger, can they be used on a unlocked BB? I downloaded the app store but can't use it over wifi as I don't have a data plan.

Might want to check up on that as well before deciding.

04-30-09 01:10 AM
    Both my 8120 and 8900 have been unlocked, although they were both bought that way. I've found as long as you have all the correct settings, such as APN settings, you shouldn't have a problem. I've had no (well, very few) issues using BBM and App World. In fact, my 8120 is now in the increasingly capably hands of my mum on a different carrier to the one I used it on and she hasn't had a single problem!

Just make sure that when you buy a Blackberry on ebay or similar that the pin isn't blocked for some reason, like the previous owner owing money to their carrier.

Last edited by laurag84; 04-30-09 at 05:03 AM.
    04-30-09 05:01 AM
    Never had a problem with my unlocked 8320.
    As a matter of procedure, I unlock every phone I use.

04-30-09 06:18 AM
    I have an unlocked Bold and am currently typing on an unlocked Pearl and haven't had any issues with either one of them.

04-30-09 06:21 AM
    Would you recommend that I unlock my BB so that I can use appworld?

04-30-09 11:39 AM
    Blackberry storm all the way. Can work on any network (cdma or gsm) as it has a built in Sim card (designed for overseas travel, "world edition").
    I highly recommend it.
    04-30-09 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD