01-30-13 04:35 PM
44 12
tools
    March is out there, and I'm down, but that has nothing to with the phone it looks awesome and I want it,this is nothing new I'm a blackberry fan, and going to get the phone I want.
    01-30-13 02:40 PM
    I was hoping for some blockbuster announcement that hadn't been released yet, but realistically I knew that wasn't going to happen. Skype announcement was a nice little bonus though.

But yeah, still stoked to pick up the Z10! And not having the choice between Z10 and Q10 just makes my decision that much easier...now the only decision is black or white.
    KiLuMaNaTi likes this.
    01-30-13 02:45 PM
    I'm still excited and invested in BB10 but I have to say that after this HUUUUGE wait, seeing the launch event only to be welcomed with another 2 months of waiting is an epic downer. Yesterday I thought I was going to be feeling all excited today but right now I'm basically feeling numb about it all.
    01-30-13 02:46 PM
    I'm still excited because now I can actually try out the BB10 OS myself and not imagine while looking at youtube videos or still images on CB. lol.

Despite how the launch presentation went, the phone itself and the OS system itself is still great, and now we common folks can get our hands on it too. And if we like what we experience for ourselves, then let the world know about it. Word of mouth for BB will probably be the most powerful tool they've got and depend on right now. Let us not let a single presentation dampen our support of what we know is a great OS system.
    01-30-13 02:48 PM
    Feb 5th baby, I'm getting one. If anybody near seattle-bellingham wants a Z10 phone we can figure something out via paypal. I'm due for a trip accross the border. PM me
    01-30-13 02:49 PM
    im still very excited, after seeing what BB10 can do what am i suppose to do go and buy an iphone or android or w8 lol, i can wait to march, thats around the time i was planning on getting mine anyway.
    KiLuMaNaTi likes this.
    01-30-13 02:54 PM
    I am excited. But exactly what I thought would happen -- happened. The enthusiasm on the forums built to fever pitch with all the speculation. Sure to be followed by frustration when US availability dates was either not announced or announced as far off (which is what happened). RIM only said devices would be available soon after the launch. Which in the UK is right away. In Canada very soon. The US -- not so much.

I thought the whole Alicia Keys thing was a distraction.

What is a little more worrying to me is how polished the OS is or isn't. K. Michaluk pointed out some issues in his review with SMS which I find surprising. And then reading around at some other sites I see some negativity about the interface and core apps.

Who knows. This is basically a version one OS. So you can either look at it as amazing that it is so good at this point. And/or you can look at it as being a great achievement that will not be enough to matter.
    01-30-13 02:58 PM
    Maybe something is or went wrong and they do not want to say what it is.

I felt that something was not being said during the whole show.

Tim
    01-30-13 03:11 PM
    While I was a little underwhelmed with the presentation this morning, I'm still excited as ever for the new Z10. It looked amazing, both the hardware and the OS, and I'll be happy to show it off to my friends when I get it next week.

For those in the US, I sympathize with you. I would hate to have to wait until March, and that might have changed my sentiment down the road! Come join us up here in Canada to grab a phone?
    01-30-13 03:12 PM
    I think most people are just over reacting. Truly acting like spoiled little brats. There is a delay ok. The alternative would have been little to no carrier support in the US then what would you have to say. It is what it is. I'm still in full support of Blackberry. Nothing has changed for me.
    KiLuMaNaTi likes this.
    01-30-13 03:16 PM
    I am excited about the OS and its future, not about the phones coming out right now.
    01-30-13 03:28 PM
    Well, I for one am not disappointed. I love my current Berry, and was in no hurry to upgrade anyway. I estimate getting a Z10 sometime between Q3 of this year, and Q1 of 2014.

I personally believe the Z10 was exactly what the market at large expected. Perhaps some of the Berry aficionados were disappointed, but I think the Z10 is a nice meld of an Android/iPhone GUI interface, combined with the best of the legacy BlackBerry OS. The "HUB" looks great, and I love the swipe feature just to name a few. I'm a communication guru, and the Z10 looks to fit that bill perfectly, as does my current 9780. However, the new Z10 has the upgrades I was expecting for the current market at large. Nothing more, nothing less.

I came back to Black from an iOS and an Android, so I'll embrace the Z10 fairly well when I finally make the hop.

Yes, I'm STILL excited.
    KiLuMaNaTi likes this.
    01-30-13 03:28 PM
    I'm excited for "RIM". Hopefully, this will lead to better/continued BlackBerry sales.....outside the US. As far as the personal excitement........means nothing to me. I'll still get one. But, that was going to happen 2 years ago- without the hype. Since my wife will "only" use BlackBerry(and I'm paying for it), I might as well get one too, in latter March(ish).
    01-30-13 03:45 PM
    I'm still excited but nowhere near as excited as I was. By the time this device comes to my carrier, the competition (which i currently use) will probably have something out that is better (which the hardware on 99% on the top tier phones already have) that I may buy instead.

At this point, my only excitement is for BB10 finally being out after waiting for years.
    01-30-13 03:48 PM
    Sure. Some let-down is inevitable when there is so much hype. See the iPhone 5 launch. So much was leaked that it's hard to have new surprises. Was nice to see Skype and Kindle coming. Was nice to get a good look at Q10. I was expecting a big surprise that didn't come, but the presentation was decent.

I can also get the Z10 in a few days if I want, unless my friends in the U.S. (ducks)
    01-30-13 03:50 PM
    I'm off to put money down on three (3) BB10's. Awesome launch.
    SixStringMadness likes this.
    01-30-13 04:02 PM
    I'm still excited about BlackBerry 10. in fact, I'm going to try and get a Z10 as soon as they become available in Canada. I wonder if we'll see special rate plans for BlackBerry 10 though.
    01-30-13 04:03 PM
    Nobody is, here anyway. There are more people dissing BB10 here than at Android Central and iMore.

Mobile Nations is a funny place.
    01-30-13 04:10 PM
    I think BlackBerry dropped the ball big time today. I will still wait for my Z10, but they hurt themselves in a big way...

First of all, The Z10 should be available for preorder even in the US already. I don't think they showed off a single app besides the Remember app and BBM. They didn't show BB Travel, Password Keeper, Maps, Facebook, Twitter, the Clock, Calculator, Calendar, Protect, voice notes, NFC, Compass, Docs to Go, Wallet, Wikitude, or just how the OS operates with moving apps, making folders, renaming apps, hiding apps, etc....

I want to see how some of the third party apps look. App support isn't the only thing that was hurting current BBs. It was also app design. App developers were very limited with their app designs and were forced to build slow and rather ugly apps compared to other systems. With BB10 this has all changed, but RIM didn't show that off at all. The look and feel of these apps are a major deal from people!

They didn't show ANYTHING that wasn't already shown off 20 times already! They announced certain apps, but didn't take the time to show them. BlackBerry dropped the ball this morning. This was a chance to make a statement about the newly rebranded company and the new and exciting way in which it will operate, and it failed big time. I am still going to wait for BB10, but for the first time since May, I am doubting that BlackBerry has what it takes to become a real player again.
    01-30-13 04:35 PM
44 12