I'm pretty surprised at how many negative threads have been started today about bb10. Comparing it to the mood yesterday is like night and day. I'm still very excited to be getting a Z10 in a few days and wondered if there were others who still share this feeling. I think it's a beautiful phone and I love a lot of the cool new features. I use my phone basically as a texting/email device so the keyboard and hub are huge for me. I'm hoping the most of the angry posters here just need to sleep it off. Test one out when they become available and go from there. There are more positive comments about this phone in the Android vs BB10 stories over at AC. Anyways, just relax people. I bet you'll love it when you get your thumbs on it.

Ps. Sorry if there is already a similar thread. I scoped them and didn't see anything.
    01-30-13 02:02 PM
    the sentiment is that the US market got pretty screwed with way more questions than answers.. the uk release date- tomorrow, the canadian release date- feb 5th, the us release date- ???????, who knows.. thats where the negativity is coming from .. i personally am pretty underwhelmed with that ??? the carriers are no help.. Blackberry should have forced their hand at the US carriers... if that meant exclusivity with one carrier, so be it.. ATT would definitely have jumped to respond considering verizon is quickly stealing its #1 spot... Either way the US consumer like myself is pretty much bummed about this day!!!
    trsbbs, EsJayDee and antiRIM like this.
    01-30-13 02:12 PM
    I am excited about the phone but the announcement at the end that it would not be available until March changed joy to pure disappointment. I have the same feeling that I had after paying full price for the Playbook and having to wait forever for it to become anywhere near what was implied prior to launch. Now I am experiencing this letdown again. All the hype about it here in CB and the announcement for the Super Bowl ad and then to have the broadcast close with the message not available in US until some time in March. Blame the carriers or blame the new Blackberry or both it turned a great day in to a disappointing one.
    01-30-13 02:13 PM
    I'm excited about getting my Z10 in a week. Regardless of the presentation today, I was pretty much sold on it from a while back any ways, especially after losing my 9900. I can't wait to be back on blackberry. I'll probably have to avoid the forums for a while though.
    01-30-13 02:16 PM
    I'm still stoked for the release of the Z10 next week

As for negative sentiment in the States regarding release date, ***** at your carriers. Rogers has been testing the Z10 since late October, yet the American carriers are just starting now? How is that possibly BlackBerry's fault? Doesn't matter, in the end it represent poorly on BlackBerry even if it isn't their fault.
    01-30-13 02:17 PM
    Not as much, but I think thats typical after such a long build up. No doubt the next phone I get will be BB10. All that matters now is what carriers start pushing.
    01-30-13 02:18 PM
    I'm absolutely excited and I won't be satisfied until I have one in my hands
    KiLuMaNaTi likes this.
    01-30-13 02:19 PM
    The news for US users is definitely a bummer, but I am particularly disappointed that the Playbook was not mentioned at all. This "launch" could have been much better if they surprised us all and released the Q10 at the same time and the PB's update say on Feb 1. They essentially went over what has been known for sometime about the phone, it would have been nice for RIM to actually surprise us with something for once in their existence.
    01-30-13 02:20 PM
    I am excited about the phone but the announcement at the end that it would not be available until March changed joy to pure disappointment. I have the same feeling that I had after paying full price for the Playbook and having to wait forever for it to become anywhere near what was implied prior to launch. Now I am experiencing this letdown again. All the hype about it here in CB and the announcement for the Super Bowl ad and then to have the broadcast close with the message not available in US until some time in March. Blame the carriers or blame the new Blackberry or both it turned a great day in to a disappointing one.
    I agree. I really wanted to pick one up soon and try it out.

But in keeping with RIM/Blackberry's consistent launch history..

For those in the U.S:
    (Lucy plays "Blackberry")
    (Charlie plays the folks in the U.S.)

Blacklatino likes this.
    01-30-13 02:21 PM
    i am really excited. next week i'll have new tech to play with.
    KiLuMaNaTi likes this.
    01-30-13 02:21 PM
    I'll probably have to avoid the forums for a while though.
    hahaha this! but who are we kidding? i need my daily fix.
    Last edited by 416to604; 01-30-13 at 03:14 PM. Reason: typo
    Masahiro and Blacklatino like this.
    01-30-13 02:23 PM
    I just think the end of March release date in US was a huge kick in the nuts for everyone who was so excited to get their hands on the device. That's the main reason the mood soured so quickly, having to wait another 2 months (3-4 for QWERTY users) while UK get's it tomorrow. I feel especially bad for everyone using BB6-7 devices considering how long they've missed out on a real smartphone holding out hope for BB10 who now have another 2 months of an inferior experience. I have an iPhone so it's not a huge deal but the BB faithful really got screwed.
    ctuffy and trsbbs like this.
    I'm still excited for bb10. I'm still proud of how far they've come, and I still want Blackberry to succeed. But to hear that some people are able to get their phones as soon as tomorrow and February 5th, and we (the USA) have to wait until march whenever, I have to say I'm a little bit disappointed.
    The reason for the negativity, is all of the hype put out about BB10, (i.e. the main focus of the world release being in New York, the super bowl ad, etc) and then the release for the US being pushed to the end of March. Why sit there and tell me how great it is and how much i need it, get me all excited, get me into the retailers asking for it, and they are like we dont have it, we dont know when we will get it, but we do have the iphone5 and the latest 'Droid in stock. What do you think is going to sell? BB10?
    01-30-13 02:25 PM
    the sentiment is that the US market got pretty screwed with way more questions than answers.. the uk release date- tomorrow, the canadian release date- feb 5th, the us release date- ???????, who knows.. thats where the negativity is coming from .. i personally am pretty underwhelmed with that ??? the carriers are no help.. Blackberry should have forced their hand at the US carriers... if that meant exclusivity with one carrier, so be it.. ATT would definitely have jumped to respond considering verizon is quickly stealing its #1 spot... Either way the US consumer like myself is pretty much bummed about this day!!!
    Well US consumers do have some reason to be upset. Hopefully you will get some answers but I doubt it. If the carriers are at fault it wouldn't be wise for BlackBerry to point that out considering they sell the devices and it kind of works the same the other way around. Maybe Crackberry can have another contest for US customers only to win a Z10. I do feel for you guys and won't boast about using one anytime soon.
    01-30-13 02:27 PM
    My enthusiasm for BlackBerry 10 has waned since viewing the live launch event in New York City. To say I was underwhelmed would be an understatement. While BlackBerry Messenger video chat and screen sharing are nice features most of the remainder of the presentation was lack-lustre. And the running comments from Team CrackBerry during the event seemed subdued to put it mildly. The share price (BB) is destined to fall quickly unless there is significant sell-through results during this reporting period.
    Blacklatino and antiRIM like this.
    01-30-13 02:28 PM
    P.S. for those that live in areas that are getting release dates in the next 2 weeks, I am happy for them. I just really think RIM is going to lose much more of their US market over this one.
    01-30-13 02:30 PM
    Spot on! I am mixed between bummed and frustrated. Sprint seems to be the most frustrating and that is who I am with. I went to a Verizon store and priced out the 4 lines for my family and it will cost me way more than Sprint.
    trsbbs likes this.
    01-30-13 02:32 PM
    Very excited and want the device now....can't believe US carriers will not have them until March. More fuel on the fire for the negative US media for BB. It's been a long wait. Today we learned more about a fabulous BB that we cannot have for another 2 months! Shame on the US carriers. Time for a Global carrier!
    01-30-13 02:33 PM
    Even if I was hoping for more out of the BB10 launch, it changes nothing about BB10 and the features I've been eager to get in my hands.

I will still buy one as soon as it available to me, and nothing has changed that....plain and simple.

So Thor didn't pluck the moon out of the sky, and reposition it to shine more light on New York, its still BlackBerry 10.
    01-30-13 02:34 PM
    I am as excited now as I was yesterday. About 8 out of 10.

Today's announcement was what I expected, everything the educated CB BB fan already knew about with just a couple of new announcements. They would have been on stage for 2 days showing us everything this new OS has. That would have been plain silly. I suspect most of the new functions will be shown in the marketing material that is hitting the airways and billboards in the coming days.

Everybody freaking about the US launch might want to consider that in the US it is all about marketing. You can't walk into the Android/Apple dominated market with your damaged name and just expect great sales off of a keynote and 45 minutes worth of demos. It will take time and a March release gives them that time. Worse than underwelming you now would be to make said devices available in the US without heavy marketing just to see sales sputter and more bad press to kill this thing early.

Stay Calm Crackberry, what you saw today was the introduction, much much more will be shown soon enough.
    01-30-13 02:38 PM
    Very impressed. Many are upset about release date. That was pretty much out of Blackberry's control. Verizon and others want to install their own software, etc. You will probably be able to purchase an unbranded version from blackberry.com in the near future, but if you want the deep discount you have to wait. It is also a little premature as at the time I am writing this Verizon's release date has not been outlined. It could be the 5th for all we know.

Other than that:
    Talk time improved 61% over Bold 9930, if that translates accross other utilities the device should easily last one plus days;
    very much tuned in to media consumption that so many demand;
    Large number of top "apps" that people demand;
    very efficient layout to check messages while working/doing other stuff;
    very attractive pricing;
    top notch browser;
    can support up to 64Gb with 16Gb built in (80Gb), Iphone5 has 64Gb for $399 and 2 year contract as opposed to $199.00 for BB Z10, Samsung SIII is $299 with contract;
    Can still use BB car charger;
    Can still use BB desk charger;
    Alicia Keys, who won't be found dead in a bathtub of a heroine overdose! Excellent choice for spokeswoman by the way. Complete professional. Also quite pretty!

EDIT: Uber Professional!
    KiLuMaNaTi likes this.
    Can we start another countdown to March release date for the US? At least it's something....
    Can we start another countdown to March release date for the US? At least it's something....
    And PB update too?
    01-30-13 02:40 PM
    Oh lets say I was stoked and ready to put down whatever they charged me to get 2 new BB Z10 phones....I guess that was just a pipe dream....

The only thing that is upsetting is we have all waited a long time and a lot of us have held onto our old BB phones as Blackberry kept making promises and then breaking them...

I don't think I am the only one who felt very slighted today by Blackberry...once again....hurry up and wait and please be excited that the snow will all be gone long before you can get your new phone...oh and by the way...thanks for trusting us even though we really gave you no solid reason to for the last 3 + years...

I will wait and get a Z10 whenever it becomes available unless the Samsung Galaxy S4 really hits it out of the park then I might just be done with all the BB roller coaster...

Its like Blackberry kept us all in the roller coaster and we kept going up and up and up and we finally get to the top of the hill and everyone makes the plunge...oh except the US we just get to sit up at the top and watch and wait and with no warning and at least a few lead-ons that we would be included in the launch...March is not even close to being part of the launch.... Verizon CMO confirms they will have BlackBerry 10 at launch | CrackBerry.com
    01-30-13 02:40 PM
44 12