These pictures speak for themselves. We all know what a Q10 is but does anyone have any insights on the history/origin of this peculiar blue one?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Anyone with some insights on this?-65712.jpg  
    11-25-20 04:44 PM
    Another
    Attached Thumbnails Anyone with some insights on this?-65713.jpg  
    11-25-20 04:45 PM
    Last one.
    Attached Thumbnails Anyone with some insights on this?-65714.jpg  
    11-25-20 04:46 PM
    wow! the q10 cobalt that never was! must be a bronze classic floating around somewhere too.

I had a Porsche design p'9983 with 'not for sale' etched on the side. apparently BlackBerry in Waterloo bricked the devices as they were internal use only.

does yours connect to Wi-Fi or networks?
    11-25-20 05:04 PM
    Amazing find. Looks good in cobalt blue. How did you come across it? Thanks for sharing.
    11-25-20 07:09 PM
    wow! the q10 cobalt that never was! must be a bronze classic floating around somewhere too.

I had a Porsche design p'9983 with 'not for sale' etched on the side. apparently BlackBerry in Waterloo bricked the devices as they were internal use only.

Both actually.
    11-25-20 08:52 PM
    Both actually.
    Very nice! I use a cobalt classic and love the blue colour.

So I'm sure I'm not the only one dying to know the backstory and history of this rare gem!

How did you get your hands on this?
    Are you in k/w?
    Former rim?
    11-25-20 08:54 PM
    there was a thread on this device a couple years back. there is a crackberry member who has this beautiful blue Q10 in possession. I believe the member lives in Waterloo and had connections to the old guard of BlackBerry.

let me see if I can find that thread.

Edit: here it is

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...e-q10-1100303/
    seoulman#CB likes this.
    11-25-20 10:05 PM
    Amazing find. Looks good in cobalt blue. How did you come across it? Thanks for sharing.
    I actually traded for it years ago here in the marketplace. It's been so long I don't even remember what I traded. Ha ha
    11-25-20 10:51 PM
    Very nice! I use a cobalt classic and love the blue colour.

So I'm sure I'm not the only one dying to know the backstory and history of this rare gem!

How did you get your hands on this?
    Are you in k/w?
    Former rim?
    Fantastic! I'm actually thinking about carrying my Cobalt Classic along with my OP7P.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-25-20 10:53 PM
    there was a thread on this device a couple years back. there is a crackberry member who has this beautiful blue Q10 in possession. I believe the member lives in Waterloo and had connections to the old guard of BlackBerry.

let me see if I can find that thread.

Edit: here it is

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...e-q10-1100303/
    Nice! Thanks for that.
    Apparently a blue q10 made it onto the tv show 'last man standing'

Tim Allen was a huge blackberry fan.
    11-26-20 12:41 AM
    Fantastic! I'm actually thinking about carrying my Cobalt Classic along with my OP7P.
    Should post a pic of this beside the cobalt classic
    11-26-20 12:42 AM
    Excited over a obsolete phone in a different shade, it really is the end of crackberry as a go to site..sad
    to boldly go likes this.
    11-27-20 05:19 PM
    Excited over a obsolete phone in a different shade, it really is the end of crackberry as a go to site..sad
    Lol. So true. What a sad bunch we've become.
    11-27-20 05:28 PM
    How so? CrackBerry is a go to BlackBerry site. We can appreciate the rarity of devices that once were or could have been?

In 2020, what exactly is there about our new phones that is necessary to get excited about?
    11-27-20 07:22 PM
    How so? CrackBerry is a go to BlackBerry site. We can appreciate the rarity of devices that once were or could have been?

In 2020, what exactly is there about our new phones that is necessary to get excited about?
    I agree that most slabs in 2020 are pretty unexciting. Outside of hole or notch placement and multiple lens camera designs they look pretty similar and do the same thing. (Has been this way for a few years now)-

I am not an Apple fan for many reasons BUT they did knock the retro iPhone 4 design on the new iPhone 12 line up (sans the goofy notch) out of the park.

My Cobalt Classic is my favorite designed PKB Blackberry with my BE KeyOne a very close second.(I felt no need to buy a Key2 but I do prefer the more squared off design language) Irrespective of the age of a device I think we can appreciate design language and each probably has one that just does it for them.

I know I still appreciate the hell out of classic cars, architecture, music, etc, etc...
    ppeters914 likes this.
    11-27-20 09:24 PM
    I agree that most slabs in 2020 are pretty unexciting. Outside of hole or notch placement and multiple lens camera designs they look pretty similar and do the same thing. (Has been this way for a few years now)-

I am not an Apple fan for many reasons BUT they did knock the retro iPhone 4 design on the new iPhone 12 line up (sans the goofy notch) out of the park.

My Cobalt Classic is my favorite designed PKB Blackberry with my BE KeyOne a very close second.(I felt no need to buy a Key2 but I do prefer the more squared off design language) Irrespective of the age of a device I think we can appreciate design language and each probably has one that just does it for them.

I know I still appreciate the hell out of classic cars, architecture, music, etc, etc...
    That’s what I think we all still enjoy all these years later with BlackBerry devices.
    11-27-20 09:31 PM
    Appreciation is what enthusiasts do!

Harley resisted their own aftermarket "custom" enthusiast base for decades. Almost to demise... Then came SuperGlide... And subsequent "custom", decades long, resurgence...
    bh7171 and Bbnivende like this.
    11-28-20 05:43 AM
    Wow, impressive colour! Unfortunately never had before
    12-08-20 01:12 PM

I had a few NFS blackberry devices with Not for Sale and the device IMEI etched on the bezel and none of mine where ever bricked. Most where used by developers and internal folks in Waterloo.
    12-08-20 07:19 PM