Anyone seen a realtime Hurricane Tracking Program for BB? I live in Louisiana so I kinda would like one. A storm has us in its target right now.
    08-30-08 01:22 PM
    No, but my dad lives in Florida and he uses a Navy site-google Navy and hurricane and it will come up. It doesn't look good at all-be careful!
    08-30-08 01:28 PM
    I keep mobile weather underground tropical site in my bookmarks, it's usually pretty fast and has good graphics/tracking images.

I have not seen a program or application for tracking hurricanes though. I'd probably get it!
    I havent seen a hurricane app, but in any case be safe out there.
    Thanks folks, the storm is already a Cat 4 and got Louisiana right in its sights. For you religious types, please say a prayer for us.
    08-30-08 01:33 PM
    I am a "religious type" and I will.
    08-30-08 01:41 PM
    davidlw prayers on the way from the Florida Gulfcoast. Please be sure to check in once this all passes.
    08-30-08 01:51 PM
    I hope you are a "religious type" yourself.
    08-30-08 02:15 PM
    Thanks folks, the storm is already a Cat 4 and got Louisiana right in its sights. For you religious types, please say a prayer for us.
    I'll keep you in my prayers! I have family in Houston and Galveston so I'm worried!
    08-30-08 02:22 PM
    Well, my carrier has a mobile site set up for us to keep updated in case we have to flee the storm. You can try it and see if it works on other carriers I understand the panic, I'm in Mississippi and was staying in NOLA at the time of Katrina(I went to see family before it got bad). Good luck and keep us updated as to how you fair, I would hate to think of a berry lover getting hurt ... or any others lol

Hurricane Gustav Cellular South Information Center

Best wishes!
    08-30-08 02:27 PM
    I have weather bug, the one that is a subscription. within the weather bug menu there is one called storm central. There you can click on Gustav or Hanna and it will give you the coordinates for gustav right now it is listed as a catagory 4 with wind speeds of 144 mph. Now you can push the menu button again and choose storm track and it will bring up a visual of where it currently is and the path most likly to occur.

Hope this is what you are looking for and is helpful.
    08-30-08 02:29 PM
    try NHC Mobile

Be safe bro!
    08-30-08 02:36 PM
    No, but my dad lives in Florida and he uses a Navy site-google Navy and hurricane and it will come up. It doesn't look good at all-be careful!
    Navy/NRL Tropical Cyclone Page
    08-30-08 02:40 PM
    Yes I am a religious type and prayers are being said. I have relatives only 25 miles from the gulf. I am in Baton Rouge which is about 75 miles north of New Orleans. Thanks for your prayers.
    08-30-08 10:14 PM
    Gustav just left my island and you should see the damage! It was a tropical storm then, now its a cat 4 I really hope everyone evacuates. Living on a small island there really is nowhere to go but at least you have options. I will definitely input my prayers
    08-30-08 10:22 PM
    Oh. I usually use Weather underground.
    08-30-08 10:23 PM
    08-31-08 01:14 AM
    Weather.com is tracking it - you can get into them as a WAP site - or download the premium BlackBerry-specific (under "PDA") application.
    08-31-08 10:00 AM
    Anything that you get will be dependent upon the mobile network remaining active during the storm. You are essentially receivng a data stream to your BlackBerry. This may feed a client program or it might be a website. Either way if the power goes off to the local mast, you have no data feed.

Please remember this and DO NOT rely on getting updates this way in what might be a life threatening situation.

Stay safe.
    08-31-08 03:12 PM
    I'm one of those religious types and our thoughts and prayers are with all of you.
    08-31-08 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD