When I play a video from my phone, I have the option to "play on" and I can select my TV. It works pretty well. When I'm playing a video from YouTube, I notice that there is a "play on" icon, but it is grayed out. Anyone know how to play a YouTube video to a tv?

Anyone know how to stream from YouTube to tv?-img_00000487.png

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 11:33 PM
    Anyone know how to stream from YouTube to tv?-img_00000404.png

Hmm not sure why it's grayed out for you. Must be a setting. As you can see from my screen shot mine works just fine. I use "Play-on" all the time

I love the fact that I can still use my phone for other stuff WHILE it's streaming to the TV

What OS vs are you running?

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 12:51 AM
    Anyone know how to stream from YouTube to tv?-img_00000590.png

Try clicking on the little box with 3 lines on top of screen. It works for me

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 01:16 AM
    Depending on what device you use on your TV, I know on the xbox360 you can setup off the youtube website a code that makes the phone a youtube remote, can't remember what they call it

Posted Via CB10 - Q10SQN100-1/10.2.0.1791
    11-21-13 01:19 AM
    This is through an HDMI cable right?
    11-21-13 02:08 AM
    I've streamed Youtube videos to my flat screen TV with DLNA through the Xbox. Just have to go through the settings and enable the video sharing. Other than that there is miracast if you have it or easiest is the HDMI cable.

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.1.1055
    11-21-13 02:50 AM
    Probably need stupid Google+, they basically force it on people.

No, but actually I think you have to go to YouTube settings>connect to TV>enter pairing code. I don't think you need media sharing on, but maybe.

Zed10
    11-21-13 07:07 AM
    I just use my hdmi cable. Or hook my Playbook with an hdmi cable and then use my phone as the remote via Bridge. My kids get a kick out of this.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    11-21-13 07:11 AM
    *UPDATE* I paired my phone to the YouTube app on my TV via the YouTube settings, but it only works if the app is open on the TV. It doesn't really stream so much as just load the same video up on the TV. I just want to get this darn "play to" button working! Since I'm using a z10, I guess it would be using wifi direct. Maybe YouTube doesn't support that or something? Or maybe my TV only supports wifi direct for local files, and not online streaming media?

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055 is what I'm running right now. I'll check the YouTube settings. I am streaming directly to the TV itself, but I also have a wd TV live. I can stream local videos to both.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by hoopitz; 11-21-13 at 10:11 AM.
    11-21-13 09:05 AM
    Wait a minute!
    You already have YouTube on your TV??? (a smart TV, with internet capabilities,I assume)
    Considering you didn't ask how to stream using your mobile device,in particular...
    I'd recommend simply opening your YouTube App on your TV and watching it that way! (It is free!)

I've gotta ask....
    Why would you want to stream it from your mobile device if you already have the app on your TV, anyway?

I'm obviously missing something here, so do explain, please!!
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 11-28-13 at 04:25 PM.
    11-28-13 12:39 PM
    Wait a minute!
    You already have YouTube on your TV??? (a smart TV, with internet capabilities,I assume)
    Considering you didn't ask how to stream using your mobile device,in particular...
    I'd recommend simply opening your YouTube App on your TV and watching it that way! (It is free!)

I've gotta ask....
    Why would you want to stream it from your mobile device if you already have the app on your TV, anyway?
    http://www.picturesanimations.com/t/tv/tv03.gif
    I'm obviously missing something here, so do explain, please!!
    I could list lots of specific reasons, but I'll go with the most universal and just say convenience. Loading a YouTube video on my phone is much easier than on the TV.

Regardless of the reason, however, it's a feature of the phone that should work and I'm just wondering why it doesn't.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    11-29-13 08:20 PM
    Excellent response! A bit too civilized for my liking, though! Work on it!

I've been pretty busy causing controversy and clouding the issues on other threads.. so, I don't recall the entire issue, but....

I'll assume you installed the latest leak.
    We know that this leak is good!
    The problem that causes issues is when you go to restore your back up.
    You should only restore your media files and contacts/calendar.
    DO NOT EVER restore "Settings."
    Restoring
    older (system) Settings on to a newer OS, kinda defeats the whole purpose of upgrading.

It's the little things that get by you (generally speaking.. not you personally) although, well...
    Now, Go back and do it again.

If it doesn't work after this... I was never here!
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 11-30-13 at 10:55 PM.
    11-30-13 10:38 PM
    Excellent response! A bit too civilized for my liking, though! Work on it!

I've been pretty busy causing controversy and clouding the issues on other threads.. so, I don't recall the entire issue, but....

I'll assume you installed the latest leak.
    We know that this leak is good!
    The problem that causes issues is when you go to restore your back up.
    You should only restore your media files and contacts/calendar.
    DO NOT EVER restore "Settings."
    Restoring
    older (system) Settings on to a newer OS, kinda defeats the whole purpose of upgrading.

It's the little things that get by you (generally speaking.. not you personally) although, well...
    Now, Go back and do it again.

If it doesn't work after this... I was never here!
    Lostboy,how the heck do you see what you type without sunglasses?

sent from my galaxy note 3
    12-01-13 02:46 AM