I know at lot of us in here are regularly complaining about BlackBerry's ability to connect to the public. I thought I'd see whether enough people in here would be willing to give them a hand and do a bit of advertising ourselves using the social media resources we have available to us.

It would involve a bit of communication and planning, but it's something I'd be willing to get involved with if enough people were also interested.

Let me know!

Posted via CB10
    daithiD likes this.
    02-16-14 03:54 AM
    I'll have a go if BlackBerry lend me their login details to their twitter and Facebook accounts which have a combined 30+ million followers.

Other than that, there's not really much more we can do that BlackBerry can't do with one tweet / status update.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 04:07 AM
    Targeting BlackBerry's Facebook and Twitter lists wouldn't be that useful because those folks are already on side.

I know a lot of people in here promote BlackBerry personally, but I do think as a group we could be more effective. Just a thought...

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 04:54 AM
    This is something the Elites do already...but of course the more that mention #Blackberry on Twitter .....of how they love their Z or Q....mention a specific feature ....post a screen shot of their screen, maybe multitasking, the hub etc the more we are getting Blackberry out there
    daithiD likes this.
    02-16-14 05:12 AM
    Yeah I'm up for it!

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-16-14 05:32 AM
    Targeting BlackBerry's Facebook and Twitter lists wouldn't be that useful because those folks are already on side.
    I disgaree.

Few million bb10 handsets sold
    Vs
    Blackberry's follower list = 30+ million
    VS
    60million declining user base (legacy)

So I think we need effective targeting to the current following to stick around, the numbers clearly show they aren't on Blackberry's side. There's many on the current list who need to upgrade, let's work on them before we move onto Apples or Samsungs list?

It's much harder to interrupt iPhone and Android users than it is your own user base with marketing.

Posted via CB10
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
    02-16-14 06:01 AM
    I disgaree.

Few million bb10 handsets sold
    Vs
    Blackberry's follower list = 30+ million
    VS
    60million declining user base (legacy)

So I think we need effective targeting to the current following to stick around, the numbers clearly show they aren't on Blackberry's side. There's many on the current list who need to upgrade, let's work on them before we move onto Apples or Samsungs list?

It's much harder to interrupt iPhone and Android users than it is your own user base with marketing.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, you've got a point there. Very true.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 06:04 AM
    Well, I'll have a think and drop back in with some idea.

Just off the top of my head, I think it would be cool to run a bit of a competition to see who can make the best 'BB10 is Best' YouTube video, and see who can generate the most hits.

Something on Picture Password v Finger Print would be fun too..

Anyway, I'll drop back in soon with some more idea.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 06:09 AM
    Well, I'll have a think and drop back in with some idea.

Just off the top of my head, I think it would be cool to run a bit of a competition to see who can make the best 'BB10 is Best' YouTube video, and see who can generate the most hits.

Something on Picture Password v Finger Print would be fun too..

Anyway, I'll drop back in soon with some more idea.

Posted via CB10
    How about asking and getting info on what people we've got and what skills we've got then we can see what we can come up with

If we just do a competition like that, those that have ideas but not the tools to carry them out won't be able to take part, that's my thinking anyway,

So we can put ideas together with tools and get awesome things done

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-16-14 06:15 AM
    See the video thing could work for new and current users.

It's HARD to explain the bb10 experience, you have to demo it for people to understand the what's and why's, and when you do, people are like :

"Woah, BlackBerry can do that?"

So maybe throw out Franks Lazy superbowl idea of "it would be easier to show you what the new z10 can't do" and have more of what bb10 can do in actual scenarios.

Think back to the different TV spot demos of Google Chrome, showing you how to use a browser and Google search etc, like are you serious, do we need to see this?

Features + demo scenario = tutorial + awareness

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 06:20 AM
    See the video thing could work for new and current users.

It's HARD to explain the bb10 experience, you have to demo it for people to understand the what's and why's, and when you do, people are like :

"Woah, BlackBerry can do that?"

So maybe throw out Franks Lazy superbowl idea of "it would be easier to show you what the new z10 can't do" and have more of what bb10 can do in actual scenarios.

Think back to the different TV spot demos of Google Chrome, showing you how to use a browser and Google search etc, like are you serious, do we need to see this?

Features + demo scenario = tutorial + awareness

Posted via CB10
    Hmm true, but i think we also need some emotive #BlackberryWillRise kind of stuff,

Sort of like the mock Superbowl ad that could have been, but with updated info and imagery.

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-16-14 06:30 AM
    Hmm true, but i think we also need some emotive #BlackberryWillRise kind of stuff,

Sort of like the mock Superbowl ad that could have been, but with updated info and imagery.
    That was a cool ad.

Someone ought to drop them an email and get them on board, I heard a rumour, CB is going to help fund the new campaign if it's got potential.

Posted via CB10
    tinochiko likes this.
    02-16-14 06:38 AM
    How about we use this video to promote BlackBerry?
    02-16-14 06:43 AM
    How we use this video to promote BlackBerry?
    I think it's a little too:
    "Oh we power this and that look at us"

And users be like
    "But your BIS went down at multiple iPhone launch events, BBMx servers died, Z10 rebooted, reliable you say? "

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 06:48 AM
    How about we use this video to promote BlackBerry?
    Yeah that one is awesome, but we need to get enough people together to share/promote it at the same time, I wonder if we could get it on TV ourselves looool has anyone ever been sued for promoting someone else's ad?

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-16-14 06:49 AM
    Yeah that one is awesome, but we need to get enough people together to share/promote it at the same time, I wonder if we could get it on TV ourselves looool has anyone ever been sued for promoting someone else's ad?

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    That's insane lmao
    But.. BlackBerry needs insane right now, normal actions just isn't going to cut it lol

Enjoy page 1 of this thread, before it turns into "BlackBerry doesn't need donations it's a company whom serves it's share holders and is in it to make a profit " which is true but the idea is interesting nevertheless.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 06:57 AM
    I think it's a little too:
    "Oh we power this and that look at us"

And users be like
    "But your BIS went down at multiple iPhone launch events, BBMx servers died, Z10 rebooted, reliable you say? "

Posted via CB10
    The Core OS is reliable, you can't blame the OS for hardware issues.
    02-16-14 07:56 AM
    Well, yes, let's just dump some ideas in this thread and also share some of our skills if relevant.

Some YouTube stuff would be great. Perhaps some budding actors among us could do a sit down, side by side challenge with an iPhone or something - a sort of 'how fast can you do this?' series of challenges.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 08:02 AM
    Send me the proposal. Pin:2AF31B69
    02-16-14 09:23 AM
    I mentioned this on another thread....as someone asked his network shop a question re watching films etc off his phone on the TV via cable and the shop said it couldn't be done....so he showed them how to do it and left them somewhat gobsmacked.

There is a lot of negativity in network and phone shops re Blackberry, and it would appear that quite a few aren't up to speed on just what a BB10 device will do.

It might be an idea when the men on Crackberry are in the long suffering weekend shopping with 'she who must be obeyed', to make your escape, into the nearest phone shop, ask some tech question about BB10 which you already know how to do.....and when the assistants say it can't be done or look bored, or mention the dreaded word iphone,show them.

Two jobs in one....escape the weekly shop for a while, and educate tbe phone shop
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    02-16-14 09:32 AM
    I think its a good idea and I am willing to participate
    02-16-14 09:34 AM
    Perhaps a twitter or FB storm with keywords both common and new. Anything to get the message out there will be better than nothing really. I do agree though, BB needs something crazy not traditional.
    02-16-14 09:47 AM
    I'm always talking about BlackBerry on FB. But I'll help where I can.

C0027B084

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 09:48 AM
    I'm on holiday for a week, but will definitely be contributing some ideas as soon as I return.

Homework in the meantime for all of us should be to try and add at least 2-3 Facebook or WhatsCrap contacts on BBM this week lol.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 06:15 AM
    Okay, so I'm on holiday, but I thought I'd use the image that some WhatsCrap fans were using to bash BBM and have a bit of fun. I'll do a BBM one in a few minutes and post it here. Feel free to repost and share elsewhere!
    Anyone Interested in Organising a Social Media Campaign?-batman-picture-password.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 06:21 AM
59 123