It absolutely boggles my mind why they haven't brought Blend over to Android. I've searched everywhere for an alternative and nothing can compare.

I was a bit late to the Blend scene but wow, what a great feature. I walk in the door of my condo and right away I hear my desktop connecting to Blend without me doing anything. So I just drop my Passport onto the wireless charger and continue the conversation from my PC. It's amazing. I don't even need an email program on my desktop because Blend handles all three of my accounts perfectly.

There is such an untapped potential here for BlackBerry software to gain an advantage. It's insane that they haven't brought it over yet.

Posted via CB10
    peednus and FF22 like this.
    01-06-17 03:27 PM
    That's the thing I miss the most from BB10, but since moving from BBM to Telegram (which has a desktop client) the sting has gone away.
    01-06-17 03:31 PM
    That's the thing I miss the most from BB10, but since moving from BBM to Telegram (which has a desktop client) the sting has gone away.
    I have been looking into using Telegram messaging app, but I don't know of anyone in my social circle or business clients using it at the moment.
    01-06-17 05:37 PM
    Whatsapp also has a browser based web client.

With that said I understand where the OP is coming from. Blend was nice but I don't miss it as much as I thought I would.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 08:26 PM
    You've ditched BBM?
    01-06-17 09:05 PM
    Have to agree with Ops...I have been using it from day one and it a great program.
    01-06-17 09:15 PM
    Blend is probably the feature I miss most from BB10 (aside from Peek and Flow and the OS and gestures....and... and...)

That being said, I agree that there is not a full-featured replacement on the Play store. Pushbullet and Airdroid just don't cut it for the seamless integration that was Blend. In my fever dreams I hope that Blend will become one of the BB feature apps for those of us that buy BB devices.
    01-06-17 09:24 PM
    You've ditched BBM?
    Almost entirely.
    cribble2k likes this.
    01-06-17 09:26 PM
    I remember a Reddit it Q and A where they said they were looking at bringing it to Android.

I also emailed Micheal Clewley who's the head of software, they had confirmed it was in the roadmap for being brought to the BlackBerry Android experience.

For whatever reason which was probably financial and lack of Priv success, they decided to not bring it.

It had excellent potential and many people loved this feature when it was in its mini form as BlackBerry Bridge on the Playbook.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 09:30 PM
    I remember a Reddit it Q and A where they said they were looking at bringing it to Android.

I also emailed Micheal Clewley who's the head of software, they had confirmed it was in the roadmap for being brought to the BlackBerry Android experience.

For whatever reason which was probably financial and lack of Priv success, they decided to not bring it.

It had excellent potential and many people loved this feature when it was in its mini form as BlackBerry Bridge on the Playbook.

Posted via CB10
    Weird because from I remember in the Q&A is they said they would monitor to see if it was feasible and what the uptake was on BB10 before deciding if they would bring it to Android. But he actually told you in an email that it was on the road map? That's odd that he would reveal something like that.
    01-06-17 10:27 PM
    Blend didn't allow you to add a company signature line which was a must at my workplace. If it had that I'd probably still use it honestly.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 11:33 PM
    Weird because from I remember in the Q&A is they said they would monitor to see if it was feasible and what the uptake was on BB10 before deciding if they would bring it to Android. But he actually told you in an email that it was on the road map? That's odd that he would reveal something like that.

Ya I had asked him because I had several people who were either going to buy some new BlackBerry 10 devices or the new PRIV. BlackBerry Blend was a massive feature for them and people were asking me since I am the big BlackBerry fan amongst our group. I searched the forums and asked around, no actual answer from anybody so I decided to go straight to the top. He mentioned it was on the road map with no definite date for completion or launch. At the end of the day it was EOL'ed early but was announced in July 2016. Too bad since it was a great feature!

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 01:40 AM
    Ya I had asked him because I had several people who were either going to buy some new BlackBerry 10 devices or the new PRIV. BlackBerry Blend was a massive feature for them and people were asking me since I am the big BlackBerry fan amongst our group. I searched the forums and asked around, no actual answer from anybody so I decided to go straight to the top. He mentioned it was on the road map with no definite date for completion or launch. At the end of the day it was EOL'ed early but was announced in July 2016. Too bad since it was a great feature!

Posted via CB10
    The EOL announcement in July was for blend on BB10. Did you ever respond to his email for an update?
    01-07-17 01:54 AM
    The EOL announcement in July was for blend on BB10. Did you ever respond to his email for an update?

No I haven't. I don't have an Android BlackBerry or anything but when I emailed him it was for some friends to see if they should buy BlackBerry 10 or Priv's. This was back in May or June of 2016 and I never followed up.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 02:40 AM
    Interesting that they had the resources to develop Blend, but no resources to develop a desktop version of BBM.

The videochat app of the PlayBook was already able to handle BBM calls, so it looks doable.

I don't understand the bigger picture about Blend.
    It's CB consensus that the board knew already in 2013 that BB10 is dead on arrival without certain consumer apps, but still they launched Blend?

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 07:18 AM
    I personally never had any use for Blend, but it could be an interesting tool to manage all your IoT devices and Android seems to be quite important for consumer products...however, Blend was about "productivity", while the new BlackBerry is more about "security", maybe that's why.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 07:21 AM
    For a software company they haven't managed the software side of the house particularly well at all.

Here's a thought: if the carriers aren't going to sell your phones, offer an android/ipad bridge app that allows customers to share their phones WiFi with a bluetooth connection like Bridge did.
    01-07-17 08:40 AM
    I don't understand the bigger picture about Blend.
    It's CB consensus that the board knew already in 2013 that BB10 is dead on arrival without certain consumer apps, but still they launched Blend?
    They left the consumer market in 2013 but they were still focused on enterprise,

http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/20/47...and-enterprise

Here's a thought: if the carriers aren't going to sell your phones, offer an android/ipad bridge app that allows customers to share their phones WiFi with a bluetooth connection like Bridge did.
    Bluetooth tethering is standard on all platforms now.
    01-07-17 10:20 AM
    You could use air droid
    01-07-17 11:14 AM
    I rarely used it. But when I did it was helpful. Was never a fan of the UI though.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 11:32 AM
    Blend didn't allow you to add a company signature line which was a must at my workplace. If it had that I'd probably still use it honestly.

Posted via CB10
    This bothered me too. And that you can't have different ones for different email accounts.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 01:46 PM
    Drenegade, you could have stopped at word 6 of your title.
    01-08-17 02:34 AM
    You've ditched BBM?
    Not sure where you've been, but most users have fled BBM. When I left BB10 I didn't even bother install it on my Android. I know a lot of users who did the same.

I went from have about 70 contacts a few years ago to 2. And we 3 were just using for each other. Not a good enough reason for any of us to keep it.

With that said, blend was great. Too bad BlackBerry didn't bring it to Android.
    TgeekB likes this.
    01-08-17 07:18 AM
    Telegram works on BB10, right?
    01-08-17 08:09 AM
    Not sure where you've been, but most users have fled BBM. When I left BB10 I didn't even bother install it on my Android. I know a lot of users who did the same.

I went from have about 70 contacts a few years ago to 2. And we 3 were just using for each other. Not a good enough reason for any of us to keep it.

With that said, blend was great. Too bad BlackBerry didn't bring it to Android.
    If we all went by the number of available contacts, nobody would have anything running other than WhatsApp. I still continue to use BBM and hope that BlackBerry will continue to enhance it in a way that will net it more users. My immediate need is to get universal cloud backup going. Right now if you have an iOS device you will never lose your chat history, as long as iCloud sync is enabled. On Android, the backups are still local only.
    01-08-17 10:11 AM
36 12