Primarily, I use my thumbnails when txting. I've only had my curve for a bit over a month. But I have noticed that the small nub on the 5 key has had the black scraped off it. And the backlight shines through it now. Not really a worry for me, I was just curious if anyone else has done this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-08 12:01 AM
    Yess. I'm soo. P.od that it happened....anyone know whwere I can get a new keypad?

06-28-08 12:19 AM
    I just don't understand why they didn't put the black on the bottom of those keys? Wouldn't that have worked better? I would think will just keep happening with a new keyboard.
    06-28-08 12:35 AM
    I have noticed that the small nub on the 5 key has had the black scraped off it. And the backlight shines through it now.
    This happened to mine too.
    06-28-08 12:37 AM
    hmm I have black on the bottom of my number/letter keys... had my phone for 4 weeks text like crazy and no keys are worn ( Yet) and I use my nails too...
    bummer for you.
    06-28-08 12:40 AM
    Nope, but I wore the silver paint off the menu and return keys on my first 8800.
    06-28-08 01:01 AM
    I'm really not sweatin it. I was just curious to see if this was happening to others as well

06-28-08 01:22 AM
    yeah mines shining through, im over it now i dont really notice it much
    06-28-08 01:36 AM
    On my used 8820, someone liked to use the q, d and a key! I'm ocd about these things, but I don't want to rip open my berry. (Just the thought of that scares the crap out of me.)

06-28-08 02:58 AM
    It happened to my Curve too. Why put a nub on only one key - or on any key. The keypad already lights up to show where you are. Hmmm.

06-28-08 06:43 PM
    RIM must invest decent money in the durability of the key surfaces. Especially with the growing number of addicts. Soon all BBs will be coated with ten coats of lacquer and some epoxy for good measure.
    06-28-08 08:33 PM
    the surface is good
    i like the little dot, it gives me a good reference when i glance down quickly when im typin w/o lookin
    i got a new curve a few weeks and that dot wore off in a few hours time
    06-28-08 09:12 PM
    That's what that dot is there for?! A reference?? I always wondered why they would do that. I don't find it helpful at all actually.
    06-28-08 09:14 PM
    seriously, you guys didnt know the raised surface was for a reference point for when you cant look at your phone
    i though that was standard for all phones
    of course the paint will wear off
    06-28-08 09:17 PM
    I was gonna say cut your nails but then I realized you are probably a woman
    06-28-08 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD