I'm not necessarily blaming BlackBerry, and i'm not even mad at them, but I just feel deflated and a little let down. I know that the carriers have a big part of why the phones won't be released until late March, but when I heard it officially, it was a hard pill to swallow. I've been looking forward to today since they first announced it, and after hearing the news, I just don't know how I'm going to rev myself up again for the actual release. Perhaps it was my own fault-anyone else feel like this?

I don't care about the "lack of surprises" very much, because, let's face it, I come to Crackberry to find find out every bit of rumor and news before they're officially announced. I think the phone looks great, and am happy to hear about the big name apps on board, etc, etc... I AM glad that, at least, UK can get it right away, and Canada not far behind-I should have stayed in Winnipeg!

I'm hoping that my excitement will go back up to where it was! I guess if I can use the past as any sort of indication, closer to the actual release, I'll be pumped again. How about you guys?
    01-30-13 11:32 AM
    If you're on AT&T for example, and have a friend in Canada, have them buy one next Tuesday from Rogers (like I will be doing) and send it to you.
    01-30-13 11:38 AM
    Oddly I feel the same way. Still getting the phone but something about the event that didn't fill the void.
    01-30-13 11:39 AM
    Yes I feel the same way. I didn't expect any surprises because I'm on crackberry every damn day of my life...almost feels like I work for them. I do feel bad about the US release news. Its no fault of blackberry but the American media won't spin it that way. I guess I have waited this long..what's a couple months more. My 9930 is working perfectly and really its never a good thing to buy new technology when it first comes out.

Let them get the bugs out first, because you know about Blackberry rep in the states...just imagine if their new phone came with bugs. They would be finished in the States.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-30-13 11:42 AM
    Yes I feel the same way. I didn't expect any surprises because I'm on crackberry every damn day of my life...almost feels like I work for them. I do feel bad about the US release news. Its no fault of blackberry but the American media won't spin it that way. I guess I have waited this long..what's a couple months more. My 9930 is working perfectly and really its never a good thing to buy new technology when it first comes out.

Let them get the bugs out first, because you know about Blackberry rep in the states...just imagine if their new phone came with bugs. They would be finished in the States.
    Yeah, I think that's part of my frustration as well. I always find myself defending BlackBerry to people who have read the latest article bashing the company, but I have been so pleased with the news lately, because it's made my job so much easier. Now I feel like it's back to square one ... I'm just waiting for everyone I know to smugly ask me if I've heard about the March release date. Oh well, I suppose I'm in it for the long haul, and not the short term anyways ...
    01-30-13 11:48 AM
    I thought most people were aware that Jan. 30th wasn't the release date, just the announcement date. The only thing that hindered the unveiling wasn't Thorsten Heins, nor anything demoed, it was the fact that we already had nearly full knowledge of all this in advance; very little NEW and EXCITING left to the imagination when you have foresight of most of it. Think about it; how much of BlackBerry 10 was leaked in advance?
    01-30-13 11:50 AM
    I thought most people were aware that Jan. 30th wasn't the release date, just the announcement date. The only thing that hindered the unveiling wasn't Thorsten Heins, nor anything demoed, it was the fact that we already had nearly full knowledge of all this in advance; very little NEW and EXCITING left to the imagination when you have foresight of most of it. Think about it; how much of BlackBerry 10 was leaked in advance?
    Most people I know (who aren't on Crackberry daily) thought that today was the release date-I had to keep telling them it was only the launch. That being said, however, those same people are messaging me blown away with all of the cool features they saw. For them, the excitement is just beginning-lucky bast@rds!
    01-30-13 11:56 AM
    Hurry up and wait is never fun.
    01-30-13 12:02 PM
    yyyaaawwwnnn,,, huh??? wha??? did something happen today???
    01-30-13 12:04 PM
    I watched the whole presentation and loved it. The BB10 in realtime was something cool to watch and I cant wait to get my hand on a device. Carriers suck but not much we can do about it.
    01-30-13 12:05 PM

Not releasing for 2 months kinda finishes them in the states as well. That was one thing that would be a killer everyone agreed on.
    01-30-13 12:12 PM
    Most people I know (who aren't on Crackberry daily) thought that today was the release date-I had to keep telling them it was only the launch. That being said, however, those same people are messaging me blown away with all of the cool features they saw. For them, the excitement is just beginning-lucky bast@rds!
    Very true, everybody is not Crackberry.com addict, therefore todays launch was all new to them for the most part. A few of my non Crackberry friends are now going to purchase because of the launch presentation today.

One couple I know are(were) die hard iOS owners , now after watching the launch presentation they are both going to purchase a Z10. They were sold on the hub and balance.

Granted the presentation was not hollywood and left some unanswered questions for myself( VIKI ) it was enough to sway iOS owners in my circle.

I fully expect we will see better results of turn overs in the weeks/months ahead.
    01-30-13 12:15 PM
    Not releasing for 2 months kinda finishes them in the states as well. That was one thing that would be a killer everyone agreed on.
    Uk now, Canada Feb 5, USA March.

How is March 2 months? Could be as little as 30 days.

Jan 30/31 (2 days) + Feb (28 days) = 30 days to March 1
    01-30-13 12:21 PM
    Like Christmas, we perhaps got a little too excited, only to be gently brought back down to earth with the reality..

There's good reason for companies to define separate Product Announcement and Product Release dates. The logic in this, to ensure supply chains are well-filled is sound, but I was really surprised they're not letting the Canadian carriers have first dabs. There may also be good sense in letting the US have it a little later (if its not the carriers dragging their feet) - debugging the supply chain and early-release software perhaps?

That said, the "event" itself was a little flat. Not that I expected (or wanted) an Apple circklejerk and maybe it was just me, but it did seem a little too quiet in that auditorium. Reminded me too much of the Developer/Jam events we've seen, were the audience themselves also perhaps too familiar with what was coming, due to all the leaks, to be genuinely "stunned"....
    01-30-13 12:22 PM

The leaked rumor drop date is March 27th.
    mikeo007 and christenmartin like this.
    01-30-13 12:23 PM
    YES, I feel more than a little deflated. March release in US....SERIOUSLY.
    EsJayDee likes this.
    01-30-13 12:25 PM
    I'm not necessarily blaming BlackBerry, and i'm not even mad at them, but I just feel deflated and a little let down. I know that the carriers have a big part of why the phones won't be released until late March, but when I heard it officially, it was a hard pill to swallow. I've been looking forward to today since they first announced it, and after hearing the news, I just don't know how I'm going to rev myself up again for the actual release. Perhaps it was my own fault-anyone else feel like this?

I don't care about the "lack of surprises" very much, because, let's face it, I come to Crackberry to find find out every bit of rumor and news before they're officially announced. I think the phone looks great, and am happy to hear about the big name apps on board, etc, etc... I AM glad that, at least, UK can get it right away, and Canada not far behind-I should have stayed in Winnipeg!

I'm hoping that my excitement will go back up to where it was! I guess if I can use the past as any sort of indication, closer to the actual release, I'll be pumped again. How about you guys?
    Yeah, I would have written almost those exact words and sentiments you just expressed; summed it up pretty well for me. Want to be humble and not act like some of the entitlement-type people, but yes deflated, like "that's it?" Hats off to all the hard-working people at rim though, they should be proud of what they have accomplished. Its hard to say I'm disappointed when I think of all they have given.
    01-30-13 12:27 PM
    I wasn't expecting the device to be able to be purchased until late March or April anyway.....
    ....And said as much not less than a week ago.

That said this ( the delay ) might be a GOOD THING for RIM if they are trying to shore up their massive App gap....
    ....LIke I've said before - no Netflix for BB10 means that there will be NO Netflix for their Playbook.
    ....No Netflix = game over for Playbook, period.

The same goes for SKYPE - I don't say this to be insulting it's just a basic fact......
    ....Blackberry 10 looks to be rock solid and the only thing it's missing are the heavy hitter apps.
    ....We know the device can handle them but can RIM get along with the main players enough to get them.
    ....THAT is the question, that's always been the question.

If RIM needs to wait another 6 months to defalcate their App problem then so be it......

BB needs this release done RIGHT, BB needs to come loaded for kodiak bear, the last thing they need is another OS7 type release! Trust me, RIM knows this better than any of us.
    01-30-13 12:29 PM
    Very true, everybody is not Crackberry.com addict, therefore todays launch was all new to them for the most part. A few of my non Crackberry friends are now going to purchase because of the launch presentation today.

One couple I know are(were) die hard iOS owners , now after watching the launch presentation they are both going to purchase a Z10. They were sold on the hub and balance.

Granted the presentation was not hollywood and left some unanswered questions for myself( VIKI ) it was enough to sway iOS owners in my circle.

I fully expect we will see better results of turn overs in the weeks/months ahead.
    Yeah, a friend of mine who is an android user told me he's buying the Z10 on the 5th, in Canada. It's great news to hear stuff like that. I didn't think of it, but you're right, there was no mention about speech recognition, new tablets, BB10 for the current playbook, and i'm sure other things that aren't coming to mind. Maybe they're saving some stuff for Blackberry World 2013.

I think sources are saying "late March." I'll be on the optimistic bandwagon with you the whole time, and be hoping for earlier!
    01-30-13 12:30 PM
    I'm an adult. I can wait. Besides, I have an upgrade 03-23-13.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    01-30-13 12:31 PM
    It kinda bites that we'll have to wait until March, but at this point it really doesn't matter to me. What deflates me was the presentation, felt a little stiff in parts and that whole thing with Alicia Keys was...weird. And I wasn't blown away by any one feature, but my expectations were likely set way way too high, since I had already seen many features previously "leaked".

I really like the Flow, that'll bring true multitasking. Multitasking on iPhone sucks, to be frank. That's the #1 think I look forward to. But other stuff looked...normal. So not sure how the general public will get excited about this, the SuperBowl commercial should really focus on Flow and BBM. Don't focus on the maps, they didn't look that good!
    01-30-13 12:33 PM

Yeah, that's good to hear, what we saw was very good, I just have the feeling that so much was NOT said. The q10 had only basically a cameo appearance, didn't do much with it at all almost like they just wanted to show it quickly but not too much like its not finished yet or something.
    01-30-13 12:33 PM
    You maybe right, that never crossed my nind. Its sad!!

01-30-13 12:35 PM
    01-30-13 12:39 PM
    The one positive I can see in the March launch is that because the US is such a weak BB market they can get the device out to its more "loyal" masses and let the stories of how good it is filter out and by the time its available in US there will be more interest / higher demand . . . maybe? . . . possibly? . . . hopefully?
    01-30-13 12:43 PM
30 12