I agree 100% OP. How it works on the phone is very important to me, especially since I travel into a lot of low reception areas. I'd also like the reviewer to talk about the strength of signal reception. I got coverage with the 9930 where I never got coverage with other phones.

I remember when I switched from an iPhone 4 to a 9930. The call clarity difference was really night and day. People started telling me they could actually hear me on the phone!

Oh, and I used the S3 as well. Their call quality and reception quality were worse than my previous iphone 4. FYI, my experience was on Verizon.

Thanks for pointing out something I REALLY wish would get mentioned more in reviews.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-10-13 08:13 AM
    you'd be surprised how less I use my phone as a phone. At work I use a work phone and that's many minutes a day so when finished I'm glad I'm off the phone. Using Skype all the time plus social media and BBM / WhatsApp that'll do me nicely as a private users.
    05-10-13 08:57 AM
    This is a valid criticism. I don't use my cell phone excessively for calls, but I know people who use their cells constantly as phones. The call quality is critical to them. Interestingly most of them use Blackberry's.

With more and more people using their cells as their land lines you would think this would be important to the general public as well. But you're right. If it's mentioned in a phone review it's often just a quick 'call quality seemed good'.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-10-13 09:26 AM
    Aww I remember this thread lol. My opinion from a couple years ago still stands. I don't use my phone very often at all, but when I do use it it's important - like talking to family or coworkers. My Z10 performs nicely.
    MarsupilamiX and Vorkosigan like this.
    05-10-13 10:00 AM
    Yes! 7.0/10? 7.3/10? Wtf it should be in the high 8!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 02:59 PM
    Aww I remember this thread lol. My opinion from a couple years ago still stands. I don't use my phone very often at all, but when I do use it it's important - like talking to family or coworkers. My Z10 performs nicely.
    Yep. I take calls from work where I need to do remote tech support. Way to much to say to text back and forth. Sometimes a single incident can last an hour.

With all my friends we just text. And with my family I tend to use BBM.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    MarsupilamiX and Vorkosigan like this.
    05-11-13 10:31 PM
    I would guess that a lot of these reviewing sites do not have the necessary equipment to conduct a real test on call quality.

If someone looks at a Review at AnandTech where they go over every detail, one can find these things.
    But most people just want a quick review, and not something with 7 pages and 3000+ words.
    I love informations, when they are correct and researched

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6337/s...0-250gb-review
    SSD review, with 13 pages.

Or:
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/6022/s...e-usa-variants
    9 pages. One of them for the cellular performance only.

Posted via CB10
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    05-11-13 10:56 PM
    People are not even paying attention to whats going on around them anymore !
    05-12-13 02:37 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD