Looking at all the videos , what the **** is going on with wifi on the storm2 ? It is slow as **** , when i think of wi fi i think of the iphone 3gs i had , and how fast pages loaded and rendered ..... it was as fast as my computer ... so why is it running so slow ?

EDIT : Can we get someone with a storm 2 to show WIFI on bolt or opera mini please !!!
    Last edited by sooks; 10-25-09 at 02:39 PM.
    10-25-09 02:33 PM
    Looking at all the videos , what the **** is going on with wifi on the storm2 ? It is slow as **** , when i think of wi fi i think of the iphone 3gs i had , and how fast pages loaded and rendered ..... it was as fast as my computer ... so why is it running so slow ?
    It's not the connection, it's the browser. The BB browser just isn't that fast.
    10-25-09 02:35 PM
    Agreeed.........you can put power windows in a turd but all you end up with is a turd with power window
    10-25-09 02:37 PM
    wifi isnt a big deal for me unless it had UMA support(which would be icing on the cake). But I see why others would consider it being a gip(sp?) to have wifi with no real data rate advantage. It could just be the browser though. I usually dont find myself in an area with no 3g but access to wifi.
    10-25-09 02:39 PM
    yeah we need to see someone run wifi on opera or bolt
    10-25-09 02:40 PM
    I'm pretty sure another advantage to wifi is that you can browse the web and maybe receive email while on a phone call.
    10-25-09 04:17 PM
    yeah we need to see someone run wifi on opera or bolt
    yea im also waiting to see this. im making the the switch from an iphone
    10-25-09 04:22 PM
    If there is no increase in speed woth WiFi, then I pass. The only advantage the S2 has over the Tour is WiFi. The big screen is not as impotant to me as a keyboard, but the WiFi would have made the difference.
    10-25-09 04:23 PM
    We need one of the Vodafone peeps to make a video. Where have you been seeing the videos of wifi being slow, Sooks?
    10-25-09 04:23 PM
    Yeah, where did you see the videos?
    10-25-09 04:24 PM
    We need one of the Vodafone peeps to make a video. Where have you been seeing the videos of wifi being slow, Sooks?

here is the video
    10-25-09 04:54 PM
    It is not Wi-Fi I think, but rendering speed. If you download a file then you'll see a huge difference with Wi-Fi, it will be blazing fast. But rendering a web page is a different beast entirely.
    10-25-09 05:06 PM
    it took 60 sec just to get the page , when i had my 3gs on wi fi it would take 2 sec to get the page
    10-25-09 05:07 PM
    Agreed, seems very slow= DROID for me.
    10-25-09 05:22 PM

EDIT : Can we get someone with a storm 2 to show WIFI on bolt or opera mini please !!!
    Sooks my friend even Wifi on the Iphone isn't as fast as a computer. I know it's fast on the Iphone but not that fast. As others have said it does have allot to do with the browser. Wifi with the 9000 on Bolt or Opera is much faster than with the native BB browser. Don't forget the new browser is coming and it will put the native BB browser up there with the best of them. Here is a pic of some Wifi speeds vs AT&T's 3G and EVDO courtsey of phoneWreck

The Wifi and 3G speeds are backwards for the 9000's speeds. Switch them.
    10-25-09 05:23 PM
    Sooks my friend even Wifi on the Iphone isn't as fast as a computer. I know it's fast on the Iphone but not that fast. As others have said it does have allot to do with the browser. Wifi with the 9000 on Bolt or Opera is much faster than with the native BB browser. Don't forget the new browser is coming and it will put the native BB browser up there with the best of them. Here is a pic of some Wifi speeds vs AT&T's 3G and EVDO courtsey of phoneWreck

[edit]
    thanks for the info, yeah i guess its not as fast as i thought lol , but as you said that new browser will help for sure .. but who knows ( besides you lol ) how long tell we see that !
    10-25-09 05:26 PM
    Are there any programs out there that make your phone act as a router like Windows Mobile?
    10-25-09 10:26 PM
    Yeah, just wait until google chrome mobile comes out, we are going to have to hold on to our seats by then!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 10:30 PM

[edit]

Yeah these aren't that bad. Just a couple seconds or something. Remember! This isn't your personal computer you have at your house that is fast as heck.

10-25-09 10:32 PM
    For all you people who are confused or worried about the Storm2/wifi/browser speeds, I'll tell you something right now. I had a Storm1. I have had a Touch 2G for about a year. I also have a verizon MiFi. The Touch with home wifi runs about 7Mb/sec download, with the Mifi it runs UP TO around 1.2 Mb/sec and loads pages decently fast. The Storm I had, USING THE SAME DATA NETWORK AS MY MIFI is slow as SNOT. DO NOT expect the Storm to give a good experience with browsing the web--the issue is within the Storm, one way or the other, be it the browser or something else going on, but bottom line the Storm's browsing SUCKS. Don't say I didn't warn you, because it's NOT the network's fault--it's the Storm's fault. If you are counting on the slowness being due JUST to the browser, I hope you all aren't pinning your hopes on a newer browser coming out god-knows-when. I suggest you load up an alternative browser within your 30 day return period and see if it speeds it up drastically, if browsing is important to you. Browsing slowness is one of the 2 top reasons I returned my S1.
    Last edited by dave1812; 10-25-09 at 10:40 PM.
    10-25-09 10:37 PM
    WiFi on my 8320 is definitely faster than what I was seeing on the Storm2 videos. Honestly though, it's the browser as far as I can tell. Loading the full Crackberry page over WiFi on the default browser takes at least twice, and probably closer to three times as long as it does using the Opera Mini beta browser.
    10-25-09 11:12 PM
    For the love of god people who have the fricken Storm 2! Please post a short video of the Storm browsing Cnet mobile on 3G and on WIFI. Could it be that you are too embarrassed to show that the WIFI does absolutely nothing as far as speed is concerned? The one thing that has been consistant with some of these reviews is the lack of browsing footage. My gut feeling is that the browser is really going to suck big time and in no way different then the Storm 1. If that is true, there is no way in **** I will waste an upgrade just so I can type a bit better. So please, lets forget about vidoes of the flick scrolling and transistions. The Storm 1 with the new software looks no different then the Storm 2 videos from what I can see when it comes to the function of the OS.

So yes, more browser videos.
    10-25-09 11:41 PM
    For the love of god people who have the fricken Storm 2! Please post a short video of the Storm browsing Cnet mobile on 3G and on WIFI. Could it be that you are too embarrassed to show that the WIFI does absolutely nothing as far as speed is concerned? The one thing that has been consistant with some of these reviews is the lack of browsing footage. My gut feeling is that the browser is really going to suck big time and in no way different then the Storm 1. If that is true, there is no way in **** I will waste an upgrade just so I can type a bit better. So please, lets forget about vidoes of the flick scrolling and transistions. The Storm 1 with the new software looks no different then the Storm 2 videos from what I can see when it comes to the function of the OS.

So yes, more browser videos.
    This video here shows a comparison between the S1 and S2 browser. It's not over WIFI, but you'll get the point.

10-25-09 11:52 PM
    When I'm at home with my wifi on my 8320, its fast as all get out. No problem with wifi for me.

10-26-09 12:12 AM
    I edited the super long picture out of the 2 quote to make this 2nd page mobile friendly. Can't remove it from the first page because it IS helpful info.

10-26-09 12:55 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD