This video here shows a comparison between the S1 and S2 browser. It's not over WIFI, but you'll get the point.

That was sickening!
    10-26-09 04:08 AM
    OK, maybe I can help here.

Just received my Storm 2 on Vodafone, and I am on b/g, (do not have N at the moment) The browser is quick, not laggy whatsoever on wifi. Its fine people!
    10-26-09 04:40 AM
    This video here shows a comparison between the S1 and S2 browser. It's not over WIFI, but you'll get the point.

LOL I don't think RIM will be using that video to sell anything.
    10-26-09 07:52 AM
    LOL I don't think RIM will be using that video to sell anything.

I counted how many times that moron said "actually". 732,00 times...

and the browser is PATHETICALLY slow.
    10-26-09 09:42 AM

Oh...my...God. Somewhere in CA, Steve Jobs is laughing his *** off. RIM, you reallyyyy need to release that Webkit browser this winter. By next summer, you will have been dead for at least 3 months.

That was disgusting and horrifying and it makes me want to switch to the Moto Droid...I'll have to check both out in the store.
    10-26-09 09:42 AM
    Oh...my...God. Somewhere in CA, Steve Jobs is laughing his *** off. RIM, you reallyyyy need to release that Webkit browser this winter. By next summer, you will have been dead for at least 3 months.

That was disgusting and horrifying and it makes me want to switch to the Moto Droid...I'll have to check both out in the store.
    Is the droid out on the 28th or the 6th of Nov? I keep forgetting!
    10-26-09 09:43 AM
    I'm a bit surprised at all the concern about this issue. If I can get my 8320 Curve with all 64 MB of memory (7-8 of which is free at any given time...) and a ~300 MHz processor to browse perfectly well over EDGE and fantastically over WiFi by simply using another browser (hello, tabs?!), I'm sure the Storm2 is going to be able to deliver the World Wide Web without getting its hair mussed.

Do all you folks still use Internet Explorer too? :O
    10-26-09 09:46 AM
    I'm a bit surprised at all the concern about this issue. If I can get my 8320 Curve with all 64 MB of memory (7-8 of which is free at any given time...) and a ~300 MHz processor to browse perfectly well over EDGE and fantastically over WiFi by simply using another browser (hello, tabs?!), I'm sure the Storm2 is going to be able to deliver the World Wide Web without getting its hair mussed.

Do all you folks still use Internet Explorer too? :O
    Firefox all the way, on my PC's!! Internet Exploder bites the big one.
    10-26-09 09:50 AM
    Firefox all the way, on my PC's!! Internet Exploder bites the big one.
    Yeah, exactly (except Chrome > Firefox )! Which is why I'm puzzled as to why folks seem so bent that the stock browser on BB's is bad. It's the same between Windows and BB. Stock browser fails, use something else. No big deal, IMHO.
    10-26-09 10:08 AM
    Yeah, exactly (except Chrome > Firefox )! Which is why I'm puzzled as to why folks seem so bent that the stock browser on BB's is bad. It's the same between Windows and BB. Stock browser fails, use something else. No big deal, IMHO.
    We need VIDEO! Someone with an S2 should make a short video proving what some are saying here--that a 3rd party browser dramatically speeds up browsing. Otherwise it's a "he said, she said" situation. If someone does make a video please clear the cache before showing comparative speeds of any site your browser has previously been pointed to.
    10-26-09 10:10 AM
    We need VIDEO! Someone with an S2 should make a short video proving what some are saying here--that a 3rd party browser dramatically speeds up browsing. Otherwise it's a "he said, she said" situation. If someone does make a video please clear the cache before showing comparative speeds of any site your browser has previously been pointed to.
    Also, make sure you close all the apps that might be running in the background.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 01:36 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD