Today I tested a live demo in a local store and it was very nice. Super fast browser, Youtube loaded instantly and was smooth. The gestures are easy, but you have to be sure you swipe up in a straight line and not hook-right like I tended to do with my thumb, or you will accidentally open the Hub I found typing a little tricky but I have never had a touchscreen before and I am very stuck on the Bold keyboard. But that's just me, I am sure I would get used to it. I had wanted white but after holding both I prefer the black. The white is plastic feeling and slippery, whereas the black feels solid and non-slip like the Playbook.
    jvictor77 likes this.
    02-04-13 04:46 PM
    just got the call to confirm my pick up tomorrow!!!
    Snap51, jesse_h and cjcampbell like this.
    02-04-13 05:16 PM
    I Preordered yesterday because Bell was offering a $50 rebate on preorder. Maybe everyone will get the rebate, not sure.

With a $60 trading on my Torch I will be paying very little
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-04-13 06:09 PM
    Today I tested a live demo in a local store and it was very nice. Super fast browser, Youtube loaded instantly and was smooth. The gestures are easy, but you have to be sure you swipe up in a straight line and not hook-right like I tended to do with my thumb, or you will accidentally open the Hub I found typing a little tricky but I have never had a touchscreen before and I am very stuck on the Bold keyboard. But that's just me, I am sure I would get used to it. I had wanted white but after holding both I prefer the black. The white is plastic feeling and slippery, whereas the black feels solid and non-slip like the Playbook.
    You have actually helped me with a dilemma with your last sentence! I had reserved a White at my local dealer - not pre-order, just on their own list - but they told me today they only have the black sitting ready for tomorrow, unless UPS brings them a white shipment in the afternoon. I was thinking of just settling for the black cause I didn't want to wait, but if you say they feel different I'd rather go with the black. I would have thought they would feel the same, with the only difference being the colour....
    02-04-13 06:48 PM
    I have been holding off on pre-ordering a Z10 device and will be attempting my fate tomorrow to see who as what in stock at lunch time. I live in Red Deer (a.k.a the cleavage of Calgary and Edmonton) so I honestly can't see the device being sold out everywhere but from what I gather by just being in a couple of the stores there a lot of people interested in the phone.

I may skip out a wee bit early to try and avoid the possible lunchtime rush. I just want to get out of this POS pre-paid Android I have been carrying for the last six months.

The salesperson let me try out an actaul live demo at the Rogers Store and the phone is AWESOME! Once the apps start rolling in, I can't see why the BB won't be up there with the Apples and Androids of the world.

My family has the S3 but were are replacing all four of them tomorrow morning with Z10s!!! Can't wait!
    jesse_h and AllynaS like this.
    02-04-13 06:57 PM
    i didn't pre order because I wasn't sure what carrier to go with.
    now I wish I made my mind up earlier because I called a few places and one place had 1 that was already gone and the other had 4 and she said they will be gone fast.
    also, Telus wouldn't let me pre order without a contract. I will never go with a contract again. Even my 9900 I bought outright.
    Doh!
    Whats the reason for not signing up for a contract? You need service. I don't know how the others work but with Rogers they take X amount of dollars off each month. So if you have the phone for a year you have the monthly amount which is close to $!2 I believe, which is $144 you would save when you paid out the phone to get the next phone you can't live without. Is there something I'm missing?

James
    02-04-13 07:08 PM
    Good luck to those that didn't pre-order. I hope you don't have a bad time.
    02-04-13 08:06 PM
    I know a rogers location in Kitchener/Waterloo that has *80* non reserved devices for tomorrow. I will let you all know where it is tomorrow.
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-04-13 08:07 PM
    I'll be going after work to get my wife's white z10 from Rogers up the street which I have on reserve. I have to wait to get mine from work since the company is still "trialing" the Bb10 phones) which hopefully I'll be getting in a couple of weeks. Now I just have to try to convince her to give it up for a day or 2 so I can show all my buddies at work this fantastic phone and what it can do.
    02-04-13 08:09 PM
    I didn't pre-order online for a few reasons. 1) I am with Telus so that should explain a lot there. 2) I don't have a credit card for ordering online; 3) I am hoping to get a white Z10 on release day and wasn't sure what Telus was going to have on the 5th. 4) I did go to a Telus store but the salesperson only took my name and phone number as they don't do in-store pre-orders because of what happened with the iPhone 5.
    I'm in the same boat with you. I'm with Telus (worst customer service). I called them this morning to check on the status of my pre-order and guess what, the lady told me that it wasn't even entered in yet. I know, I got soo mad that I threatened to cancel my account, even my parents phone. The lady apologized immediately and said she could set it up for me. I managed to calm down and asked them to order me a white phone and she said they weren't coming out till the 12th. WHAAAAAAAT. Telus seriously had the worst service, my sister is with Virgin Mobile so now I'm considering moving me and my parents over to her account. Good luck tomorrow and let us know how it goes.
    02-04-13 08:24 PM
    Quick note... as Bold_until_Hybrid_comes said, there are locations with lots of devices but not all have that. The store I was at tonight told me they have 50 in the back, and all reserved. Expect a busy day tomorrow.
    02-04-13 08:30 PM
    I think it is going to be a busy day tomorrow for carriers. I have my Z10 preordered at my local FutureShop and will be getting it when i come home after being stuck here in toronto. Going to go black i think unless they have white on hand then i will go with it to be different.
    02-04-13 08:36 PM
    I think it is going to be a busy day tomorrow for carriers. I have my Z10 preordered at my local FutureShop and will be getting it when i come home after being stuck here in toronto. Going to go black i think unless they have white on hand then i will go with it to be different.
    not sure who you reserved it with. but with rogers your colour cannot be changed as they shipped a specific phone for you. Unless they have non reserved whites...
    02-04-13 08:39 PM
    I think there are alot of people that are crazy for this phone. But I think the big thing will be actually seeing their FRIENDS with the phone and that will cause them to want to get it. Also if the white comes a week later its almost better. Like BOOM Black comes out and people are excited. Then WHITE comes 1 week later and people are even more crazy. Then once the initial release dies down then BOOM the qwerty keyboard one comes out and start the crazyness again!!
    02-04-13 08:46 PM
    Are you all expecting crazy line ups? I have to go to a mall kiosk Koodo, but i don't what what to expect.
    02-04-13 10:02 PM
    I'm excited for you guys in Canada!
    I will be reading your shopping updates and experiences tomorrow!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-04-13 10:04 PM
    My nice neighbors to the North, could you kindly post what carrier you're on and your z10 model numbers (STL100-x) in this thread tomorrow? Thanks.
    02-04-13 11:04 PM
    I'd love to see line-ups here in Canada. My wife (who is not strongly tech-inclined) is prepared to wait outside the door of our local carrier tomorrow for their opening. Yes, we have our own carrier here. I've seen a picture, taken today, of store staff stocking back-room shelves with Z10 boxes, so I know they have them in stock.

There's surprising excitement over this in my "sleepy little mountain town".
    02-04-13 11:25 PM
    Couldn't get the morning off tomorrow so will pick my Z10 up after work.
    02-04-13 11:38 PM
    My nice neighbors to the North, could you kindly post what carrier you're on and your z10 model numbers (STL100-x) in this thread tomorrow? Thanks.
    What's the reason, my nice neighbour to the South?
    02-04-13 11:46 PM
    What's the reason, my nice neighbour to the South?
    Haha. I'm just trying to figure out which model my carrier will be getting. My theory is that Bell, Rogers, possibly Telus and Wind units will all be the STL100-3 albeit different variants. And if that turns out to be true, I'll know which model my carrier (T-Mobile) will be getting.
    Last edited by raino; 02-05-13 at 11:38 AM. Reason: added information about different variants
    02-05-13 12:22 AM
    I see.....so what's the difference in models?
    02-05-13 12:40 AM
    I haven't washed myself or changed my clothes for the last 2 weeks because that's how I intend to clear out any lineups tomorrow. Just in case, I'm also eating a can of beans for breakfast and washing it down with coffee.
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-05-13 12:54 AM
    I'm ordering mine through a corporate plan at work so my wait will be a few extra days longer as they are still waiting for corporate pricing and plans from TELUS im not sure what the holdup is but the extra wait will just about kill me lol
    02-05-13 12:57 AM
    Unfortunately I can't get my Z10 any time soon as I'm on contract and not due for upgrade until the end of May, however I will be heading over to the nearest carrier or FutureShop just to have a Z10 in my hands and test it out.

The phone is currently so far out of reach, I might as well be one of our neighbours to the South. I just want that Stormtrooper in my hands already.

For all you of you getting your Z10s tomorrow, enjoy it for the rest of us. I'm excited to hear what you all think of the device and the OS overall.
    02-05-13 01:30 AM
54 123