03-06-14 07:24 AM
64 123
tools
    How did you post the simple answer "NO" without falling foul of the 10 character minimum?
    He has a Tapatalk signature that is well in excess of 10 characters.
    Pilchard likes this.
    03-03-14 08:35 PM
    when I push T it scrolls to the top. B to the bottom! qwerty FTW! no more gay king type scrolling *jerry Seinfeld joke*
    03-03-14 10:19 PM
    I have a Z10 which I love, but over the past week I've found myself craving a phone with a keyboard as well.

This isn't because I struggle to type on touch keyboards (the Z10's is brilliant)...

No, it is because I'm bored of the way all all-touch phones look! There aren't enough defining characteristics of smartphones. Everyone has a rectangle dominated by a screen.

I do think that on some level, a phone doesn't feel like a phone without any buttons or tactile feedback on it!

I have no idea if this post makes sense, but does anyone feel the same?

Posted via CB10
    Funny i started to feel the same way the last couple of days. I find it's a PITA to copy something. I was waiting for the Z30 to go down in price but since the Q20 was announced now I can't wait to get my physical keyboard back and the track pad.

Posted via CB10
    Shmerk likes this.
    03-03-14 10:48 PM
    So strange to see this right now. I was telling myself I was just fine with the Z10, and looking forward to the device after the z30, in all touch. I then found my poor, discharged, left for dead 8530 cdma in the drawer, resting in its otterbox, as if hoping to be useful again in its lifetime. I charged it up, and hooked it up to wifi, just for giggles. That is when I realized I really do miss the physical keyboard. The Q10 upgrade is on its way....DON'T TELL MY WIFE ps the z10 and nexus are for sale in marketplace, to placate she who must be obeyed, when she finds out.
    Last edited by jakie55; 03-03-14 at 10:54 PM. Reason: adding shameless plug
    03-03-14 10:52 PM
    I enjoy the Z30 touchscreen very much, with that said I would kill for a Z30 slider phone, even if it was a bit thicker.

Zed30
    03-03-14 10:57 PM
    I get what you mean. This prompted me to try a Q10 when they were introduced last summer.

What I discovered, though, was that as much as I liked the keyboard on the Q, it was actually slower for me than the virtual keyboard on the Z10. I also found that I REALLY missed the 16:9 aspect ratio for media.

I got a Z30 when it released and I haven't looked back. Even sold my Q after a couple of months when it became clear that I wasn't going to use it anymore.
    *Ahem* 16:10, good sir.

Well actually it's 16.66.. :10 but that's another debate.

Z30 is, however, is 16:9.

I'm liking the whole full-touch thing because it is nice to play games and watch media on the screen - it was rather painful on my 9790. Though, I want a Q10 as well because the keyboard is NIIICE!
    03-04-14 12:25 AM
    I should add that I've been on eBay recently bidding for Q5s!

This will be to supplement rather than to replace my Z10, to tie me over until later in the year when the next flagship QWERTY is released.

Posted via CB10
    $150 new from Koodo in Canada
    03-04-14 02:10 AM
    i'll be switching back to the Q20
    I will certainly be keeping an eye on that one. Exciting times!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 04:22 AM
    I have a Z10 which I love, but over the past week I've found myself craving a phone with a keyboard as well.

This isn't because I struggle to type on touch keyboards (the Z10's is brilliant)...

No, it is because I'm bored of the way all all-touch phones look! There aren't enough defining characteristics of smartphones. Everyone has a rectangle dominated by a screen.

I do think that on some level, a phone doesn't feel like a phone without any buttons or tactile feedback on it!

I have no idea if this post makes sense, but does anyone feel the same?

Posted via CB10
    I blame all of the recent press about the Q20 and the return of the trackpad. When I had my Z10 all I wanted was a Q10. Now having had my Z30 for a few months I haven't been longing for no other device until now. I won't give up a full touch device but the possibility of adding a second device (non full touch) is real now. I'm looking forward to the fall now.

Posted via Z30 C0002FDEF
    03-04-14 07:42 AM
    I definitely understand what you are saying..I also go through the same thing when I'm on an all touch device...The keyboard on a BlackBerry really defines and distinguishes a BlackBerry from all of the other devices. I truly feel like I'm using a BlackBerry when I'm using the keyboard.
    eggman1987 likes this.
    03-04-14 08:41 AM
    Just ordered a white Q5 for my keyboard fix!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 08:53 AM
    The boring rectangle.

I still palm my face when I see someone refer to slab phones as elegant or sleek or any number of ridiculous adjectives for describing a rectangle. Turn off the screen and 90% or more of smart phones these days look almost identical - black rectangles. Wooo....

The trouble with the all touch devices though is that casual users essentially want a pocket sized smart TV. To accommodate this desire screens must be large. When the screen is large, it doesn't leave much physical space to add any meaningful style or additional functionality.

Take the Playstation Portable 3000 for instance. It had a pretty good sized screen, game controls, and a micro CD drive. This is in addition to the standard game and media stuff you get with a modern smart phone, minus the phone and "social apps". Strictly from a hardware perspective, a PSP 3000 would have been a really cool smart phone. Certainly a unique design with lots of interesting hardware functions that you just don't find on the boring rectangles everyone swoons for these days.

Style wise, yeah I would love to see more from all the phone manufacturers, especially Sony given the opportunity for Xperia and Playstation crossover products.
    03-04-14 01:49 PM
    Everyone is

? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    eggman1987 likes this.
    03-05-14 08:15 PM
    I definitely was tired of it. That's why I went to get a q10 and I must say this is the sexiest(lol) device I've had in a while. And functionality and battery life are superb!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 07:24 AM
64 123