I have a Z10 which I love, but over the past week I've found myself craving a phone with a keyboard as well.

This isn't because I struggle to type on touch keyboards (the Z10's is brilliant)...

No, it is because I'm bored of the way all all-touch phones look! There aren't enough defining characteristics of smartphones. Everyone has a rectangle dominated by a screen.

I do think that on some level, a phone doesn't feel like a phone without any buttons or tactile feedback on it!

I have no idea if this post makes sense, but does anyone feel the same?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 04:24 AM
    I should add that I've been on eBay recently bidding for Q5s!

This will be to supplement rather than to replace my Z10, to tie me over until later in the year when the next flagship QWERTY is released.

Posted via CB10
    xxslxx likes this.
    03-02-14 04:26 AM
    No one?!

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 05:38 AM
    I feel the same, after a while on the Z30 I'm missing the fun factor of having physical keys at hand. Not only because of my touchscreen typing weakness, but also because of the more convenient quick search, the speed dial, the shortcuts, the quick homescreen commands, easier (imho) access to special characters and the "safer" tactile feel.
    However, I'm also missing a bigger screen on the Q, hoping for the Q20/Q30 to address this somewhat.
    xxslxx, acovey, Sexy Sadie and 1 others like this.
    03-02-14 05:53 AM
    No I'm the opposite. I was hooked on bbos. But when bb10 came and I got the z10, I was hooked on the all touch from factor. I've upgraded to the z30 since and it just gets better and better.

I think the fact that the touch keyboard is so good made the transition so easy. I could never go back to a physical keypad phone.

This is the future Imo.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 05:53 AM
    I have a Z10 which I love, but over the past week I've found myself craving a phone with a keyboard as well.

This isn't because I struggle to type on touch keyboards (the Z10's is brilliant)...

No, it is because I'm bored of the way all all-touch phones look! There aren't enough defining characteristics of smartphones. Everyone has a rectangle dominated by a screen.

I do think that on some level, a phone doesn't feel like a phone without any buttons or tactile feedback on it!

Posted via CB10

I do, Just yesterday I pulled the SIM out of my Galaxy Note 3 and put it in my Q10... I knew that I was going to be running around all day doing errands and wanted the small size and the actual keyboard to type out my quick texts while in the line at the grocery store. I just love the feel of a real keyboard but get bored with it quickly so I continue to go back and forth between phones to keep them fresh
    03-02-14 06:12 AM
    I do miss the keyboard a lot but once you get used for the real estate on the Z30, I'd be hard pressed to go back.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 06:50 AM
    I do miss playing with the keyboard on occasion - FYI Koodo Canada has the Q5 on for 150 outright right now, apparently online only. Depending on where you are. . . they ship to Canada only I believe. Not sure how much they're going for on eBay.
    03-02-14 08:10 AM
    I have a Z10 and really like the touch screen keyboard. But I still miss the physical keyboard. Further, I think the Q10 is the most elegant device on the market. I never get tired of looking at it. If BlackBerry could increase the screen size to 4 inches, I would buy it. No trackpad clutter.

Posted via CB10
    xxslxx likes this.
    03-02-14 08:14 AM
    I don't have any point of reference for comparison but the BlackBerry keyboard and button layout does seem pretty cool, and I'd like to give it a try. The quickness of doing stuff by hitting the search and starting to type what you want to do must be even better if it's just type and go.

The Q10 screen is just a little small for me so I'll just have to wait until they release a slider or some other qwerty with a bigger screen.
    acovey and Bbnivende like this.
    03-02-14 08:19 AM
    I have a 9900 for work but I much prefer my personal Z30.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 08:21 AM
    I completely agree. Having had an iPhone 3gs for three years and a curve for a few months then a z10 I sort of enjoyed the curves keyboard and buttons yet obviously BB10 is so much better and so now I'm thinking about the q10. They are just too expensive though and I might try and wait for the Q20. But still check eBay everyday looking for that miracle of a �120 Q10 buy it now. There was one up last week for 140 should have gone for it.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 08:33 AM
    I don't have any point of reference for comparison but the BlackBerry keyboard and button layout does seem pretty cool, and I'd like to give it a try. The quickness of doing stuff by hitting the search and starting to type what you want to do must be even better if it's just type and go.
    You don't even have to hit search on a Q. Just start typing and search will come up by itself.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    03-02-14 09:13 AM
    My first touch screen was BlackBerry in 2010 haven't missed the buttons yet.
    03-02-14 09:17 AM
    I missed the keyboard bad and long battery life. Now after 3 years of touch screens I'm back to a q10 and loving it.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 09:31 AM
    I missed the keyboard bad and long battery life. Now after 3 years of touch screens I'm back to a q10 and loving it.

Posted via CB10
    Did you ever try the Z30? and if you did... did you like it?
    03-02-14 09:35 AM
    Nah

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 09:38 AM
    I bought a z10 at the same time didn't get a chance to use it much because my kid quickly put his sim card in it and started to use it. But I can say what little time I spent with it. It has the best touch keyboard that I've ever used. But the battery life's seems kinda bad. Compared to the q10

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 09:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm not really bored with the all-touch look as much as I am afraid that the majority of users that just don't know how a keyboard is supposed to work have driven the market down this all touch road. I understand that "mobile" devices force trade-offs (screen size, thinness, weight) but it is definitely trying to work itself into the PC market. I watch all day as people use the mouse to click, click, click to switch open programs, launch programs and open files. One guy even uses the right-click the taskbar to minimize all windows so he can switch to a different open program. Everytime I see him do it I gringe and say "it isn't a home button!".

***rant off***

Have a nice day!
    acovey likes this.
    03-02-14 09:53 AM
    I found the battery life on the Z10 not very good either, The Z30 is much better, but I think that the Q10 is still better battery wise.
    03-02-14 09:54 AM
    I was once a keyboard fanatic. Not anymore. The z10 changed me. I will never go back to a physical keyboard ever again. Love the virtual keyboard and I can type faster on my z10 than on my bold 9900. Full touch only for me. Plus you get the extra real estate screen.

Posted via CB10
    mkelley65 likes this.
    03-02-14 10:01 AM
    Nope. The screen size and flexibility of an all touch form factor trumps ANY keyboard. Loving my Z10.

/Thinking of the Z30 as my next phone
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-02-14 10:54 AM
    I've had the Z10 for a year now and yes i agree with eggman. i miss qwerty! it is very likely that i'll get myself the Q20 when its out.
    jakie55 and Upgrayedd111 like this.
    03-02-14 11:05 AM
    The boring rectangle. Hit the nail on the head there man.

HTC and Sony seem to have the most variations on the theme, but they are still just a screen on a rectangle. When you look at something like the old Bold 9000 or the even older Motorola KRZR (a thinner RZR flip phone), it's immediately obvious that phones can have style and character. Heck, even the old BlackBerry Pearl had a unique look to it.

Anyhow, so many people clinging to their old school slab rectangles when they should be adopting new technology like Google glass and smart watches with BT ear pieces. People need get with the program and drop the dated and limited touch screens...
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    03-02-14 11:14 AM
    I have best of both worlds.....Q10 work device and Z30. Get my keyboard fix and enjoy everything about my Z30.
    03-02-14 11:22 AM
64 123