This has nothing to do with my question.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 11:51 AM
    The boring rectangle. Hit the nail on the head there man.

HTC and Sony seem to have the most variations on the theme, but they are still just a screen on a rectangle. When you look at something like the old Bold 9000 or the even older Motorola KRZR (a thinner RZR flip phone), it's immediately obvious that phones can have style and character. Heck, even the old BlackBerry Pearl had a unique look to it.

Anyhow, so many people clinging to their old school slab rectangles when they should be adopting new technology like Google glass and smart watches with BT ear pieces. People need get with the program and drop the dated and limited touch screens...
    Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 11:52 AM
    I went from a 9000 to a 9900 to a Z10. I love the Z10 and and quite good at typing on glass now. Probably as fast as with my 9000 and 9900, but there is something missing... can't put my finger on it.

That said... I saw the Koodo deal for $150 for a Q5 and went online and bought it.... Why? Hmmm... I guess there is still that mystique about a physical keyboard.

I wonder what would happen if all these kids that use iPhone's were given a Q5 or Q10 for a week or two? Would they come back to iPhone after feeling a physical keyboard? There are probably kids out there that have NEVER used a physical keyboard and don't know any better.

Alas, I digress. I am somewhat bored with the all-touch form factor.
    acovey and Sexy Sadie like this.
    03-02-14 12:00 PM
    Not bored at all

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 12:01 PM
    I went out and bought a q5 to try out the keyboard again. Man that's a small screen!! I love my z30

Sent from my white Z30 in canada
    03-02-14 12:02 PM
    All touch ALL the way Baby!! Love it, no boredom here!! LOL!
    03-02-14 01:08 PM
    I have a Z10 and really like it but I am after a Q10 for the keyboard experience. I haven't found one locally on Craigslist but I look daily. This would be to just tide me over until their other phones are released this year.

Posted from my Z10 via CB
    03-02-14 01:15 PM
    Not so much the physical package (although thin with curves is always attractive ;-)), it's more the ui I'm bored with.
    As I've said many times before they should have used the talent /creativity available at TAT to create a truly innovative ui (why buy them if you're not going to exploit that unique asset?).
    Instead they went dull and conservative and lost a great opportunity for product differentiation, sad.
    03-02-14 01:41 PM
    I'll make this short and sweet;

No!

Z10 In action here!
    03-02-14 01:51 PM
    Z10 here, and no. I'm having too much fun making use of the whole screen in various apps to be bored with what the device looks like. Besides, I still think the Z10 looks great compared to any other device - BlackBerry or otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 02:03 PM
    My Z30 will look great once the typo case is available.
    03-02-14 02:22 PM
    I love my Z10. It is a sharp looking phone. But I agree with the OP. There is something unique and distinctive about the qwerty blackberries. I am looking forward to seeing what the new qwerty flagship will look like.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 03:51 PM
    I had the Z10 and it was a nice device.

I now rock a Q10 and I am in love with it.
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    03-02-14 04:01 PM
    NO

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    03-02-14 04:03 PM
    not bored but definitely would like to see some imagination on design for all touch. It always kills me how all these reviewers say how wonderful and gorgeous the design is. I say what? Every last one of the touch screens basically looks the same. a top and bottom bezel and screen. a square with a screen. some buttons on the side and a camera on the front with the logo. Imaginative! Hardly! Come up with some different corners or beveled edges or something unique to differentiate one from the other. personally if you hid the logo and advertising on the phone telling one from the other would be pretty tough. Come on you free spirited designers come up with an original design that works.
    03-02-14 04:41 PM
    I disagree. I don't need physical buttons on a phone in order to use it comfortably. The fewer physical buttons, the better.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    03-02-14 04:56 PM
    nope, and now I have to keep writing as my answer has to be over 10 characters, purlease!
    03-03-14 03:00 PM
    NO

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    How did you post the simple answer "NO" without falling foul of the 10 character minimum?
    03-03-14 03:01 PM
    I have a Z10 which I love, but over the past week I've found myself craving a phone with a keyboard as well.

This isn't because I struggle to type on touch keyboards (the Z10's is brilliant)...

No, it is because I'm bored of the way all all-touch phones look! There aren't enough defining characteristics of smartphones. Everyone has a rectangle dominated by a screen.

I do think that on some level, a phone doesn't feel like a phone without any buttons or tactile feedback on it!

I have no idea if this post makes sense, but does anyone feel the same?

Posted via CB10
    I get what you mean. This prompted me to try a Q10 when they were introduced last summer.

What I discovered, though, was that as much as I liked the keyboard on the Q, it was actually slower for me than the virtual keyboard on the Z10. I also found that I REALLY missed the 16:9 aspect ratio for media.

I got a Z30 when it released and I haven't looked back. Even sold my Q after a couple of months when it became clear that I wasn't going to use it anymore.
    03-03-14 03:04 PM
    I agree having a Z-10 at first it took awhile but now I am very happy..If the Z-30 had a much better camera and AT&T would get off their **** and make it available I would probably switch.
    03-03-14 04:55 PM
    i'll be switching back to the Q20
    03-03-14 05:49 PM
    Not so much the physical package (although thin with curves is always attractive ;-)), it's more the ui I'm bored with.
    As I've said many times before they should have used the talent /creativity available at TAT to create a truly innovative ui (why buy them if you're not going to exploit that unique asset?).
    Instead they went dull and conservative and lost a great opportunity for product differentiation, sad.
    The BB10 UI is built in Cascades, which is very much TAT's work.

Where you were hoping for something more "innovative", I was eager for a UI that was sensible, usable, and consistent. As far as that goes, there's a fair amount of innovation there, too.
    03-03-14 05:49 PM
    I know the feeling...i had an 8520 long before my z10 what I found was I had to adjust to all touch, missed the keyboard and the short cuts all the things that came with the 8520 era....

Posted via CB10
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-03-14 07:25 PM
    Nope. Not at all. Love the all touch. Will never go back!
    03-03-14 07:50 PM
    There's only so many ways an all touch device can look. You can dress up the edges and the backs, but the fact is; It's a glass screen.

Do I become bored with them? No. There are continuing improvements to the software and interface, and as long as a phone is highly functional, appearance is well down the list of what is really important. My devices wear a case, anyway, to keep them in the best condition possible.
    03-03-14 08:33 PM
64 123