Just wondering if anyone has either lost or had their BB stolem and used certain features of BB protect. Wiped the device? Used the lock out w/message box to get it back or tracked it through the GPS and beat someones @ss?
    05-18-11 09:29 AM
    Yes I have tried all the features offered by blackberry protect and my whole family now uses the program it is a great program
    05-18-11 09:44 AM
    Only thing I've actually used so far on it is the OTA backup and reload after changing my OS.

I've tried all the features just to test them out, but hopefully I never use them for real.
    05-18-11 09:50 AM
    No not had to use it but knowing it's there is nice!
    05-18-11 09:50 AM
    I too like knowing its there... just in case, ya know. I do have it set up to automatically back up OTA once a week so I dont have to remember to do it.
    05-18-11 08:00 PM
    Just wondering if anyone has either lost or had their BB stolem and used certain features of BB protect. Wiped the device? Used the lock out w/message box to get it back or tracked it through the GPS and beat someones @ss?
    I actually did have to use the remote wipe feature. My wife left her BB in a dressing room. By the time she remembered, it was gone. She had already notified the carrier, but I did the remote wipe anyway.
    05-18-11 09:10 PM
    I had to use the gps locater on it. Worked like a charm! I knew where it was when I saw it on the gps so I didn't have to do a wipe, put a message on the screen or change the password. I'm super happy I put it on my phone. Especially since I only added it about a week prior to this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    sosof likes this.
    05-18-11 09:30 PM
    I uuh...had to use the loud ringer when my friends hid my phone on me by stuffing it into a sofa...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-11 11:02 PM
    I used it a lot in the past 9 months to back up my Torch 9810 because it broke FOUR times and had to be replaced each time!! It was nice to be able to get everything right back. The last one broke a few days ago and instead of backing it up I traded it in for the Z10. Now I can't back up the Z10 from Protect or the desktop!! Anyone know how I can do that other than buying another Torch and doing the Link?
    04-11-13 09:17 AM
    Lost my phone somewhere on a golf course. Used the gps locator to find it.

Always losing the phone in my house. Use the "Make a Noise" feature to find it.

Now if only the Tv remote had this.

Posted via CB10
    playzoutside likes this.
    04-11-13 09:48 AM
    Lost my phone somewhere on a golf course. Used the gps locator to find it.

Always losing the phone in my house. Use the "Make a Noise" feature to find it.

Now if only the Tv remote had this.

Posted via CB10
    Huh. Newfies everywhere the TV Remote does need that feature.