-----

Okay, that's prolly a stupid question. But I'd like to hear the pros and cons of the program. Currently, I've set my Right button on the phone to Memo Pad and I've got 2 categories...Groceries and Things To Do. It works great and is fast to get to.

But....surely there's more to Tasks, and I'm curious as to what it can do. The 'Help' on the device is a little confusing. I just want to know what people like about it. Thanks

-----
    05-24-08 07:50 PM
    Tasks are good for reminders, and assigning things to other people to do...
    05-24-08 08:26 PM
    I used to use Tasks on my Treo when I was going to college. I would put all my assignments in at the beginning of the semester and check them off as I would do them. Now that I'm out, I really haven't used it much. I had one to upgrade my phone (which I completed last week when I got my Curve ) and to pick up my laundry from the cleaners, but that's all I really use it for.

It's basically a ToDo list. I like that it will let you choose, Not Started, In Progress, Completed, Waiting, and Deferred. A lot more choices are always better than completed or not completed.
    05-25-08 12:43 AM
    I use tasks for my work todo list. At a glance I can see what needs to be done, what can be ignored, and what if I don't get a move on will jeopardize my ability to pay my mortgage.
    05-25-08 12:47 AM
    I have to use tasks. In my day to day, things happen that can and usually take my mind away from things I need to do. I set to/do list up in tasks with reminders. It really helps me.
    05-25-08 01:07 AM
    I use the tasks daily at work for reminders of things to do.
    05-25-08 01:21 AM
    I use task every day for work. It keeps me on track. My to do list normally has about 30 to 40 items on it all the time. I work best when I have a list to check off as things get done. Several of my task must be done once every month or every 3 months, so the reoccurence function is very helpful. It's also nice that it syncs with outlook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-08 06:48 AM
    -----

Thanks for all your responses. It sounds like I can do with just Memo Pad. I don't have any 'work projects' that I need reminders for. I just probably need to clean the house.

-----
    05-25-08 08:15 AM
    Hey people. I own a 7290 and wish to set up an hourly alarm, 9am-9pm. Some forums suggested that I can use the TASKS menu, make a new task for every hour I want an alarm on & set the frequency to re-occurring/daily. I have done all this (but not getting the alarms). Can someone suggest better advice?
    08-29-08 02:45 PM
    I have not had the chance to use it yet, but I will be using it constantly once school starts again next week. It is a great function that comes with the phone, and I can't wait to put it to use .

08-29-08 02:54 PM
    CBMember - I agree with you about Memo, heck I even keep the sizes for my a/c filters in my Memo! For stuff with deadlines, I use the Calendar. Plus with the Calendar, you can snooze the reminder.

Rsp2Rsp2 - check out BBSmart Alarms Pro. It's around $15 in the CrackBerry store, but it is so worth it!
    08-29-08 02:58 PM
    The Tasks fi=unction is a life saver. If you have hella errands, projects, or just have an awful memory (me!) then this is for you. I use for business, personal, everything. If not I would most def forget something important.

I wish I had a BB when I was in school, it would have helped me get much more organized.
    08-29-08 03:03 PM
    I use it all the time. It helps me get my schoolwork in order and lets me see what I need to do, how important it is, and when its due. I also like viewing all my tasks on my calender as well.
    08-29-08 03:03 PM
    I forgot about that part. Viewing my tasks in my calendar helps me keep my days in order. I se both ALL THE TIME! very useful organizational tools!
    08-29-08 03:09 PM
    I use tasks for business and personal, love it, couldn't live without it.
    08-29-08 03:14 PM
    I use it. It syncs with my Outlook tasks which are all work related. Great tool.
    08-29-08 03:17 PM
    Agenda View (in the Calendar) w/ Tasks... enough of a reason to use it, for me!!
    08-29-08 03:18 PM
    I dont' use it & I should! I had trouble with it in the begining. But after reading these post, I think I should give it another try.
    08-29-08 04:02 PM
    I like it just to remind myself of upcoming projects and such its also good for taking general notes

08-29-08 04:48 PM
    Hey people. I own a 7290 and wish to set up an hourly alarm, 9am-9pm. Some forums suggested that I can use the TASKS menu, make a new task for every hour I want an alarm on & set the frequency to re-occurring/daily. I have done all this (but not getting the alarms). Can someone suggest better advice?
    be sure after you create the alarm to go to profiles>advanced> and then pick the profile you want to use > tasks

be sure that you have the tune set as you'd like, the volume not on mute, etc, etc..

the default for tasks is to be muted, so this may be the issue..
    08-29-08 04:50 PM
    I use to use it when I first got my Curve. Now that school starts Tuesday, I'll be using it alot more. That, and the Calender is what keeps my life organized.
    08-29-08 05:30 PM
    another good function is that you can add your own categories to get as specific or general as you need to.
    08-29-08 06:10 PM
    Currently, I've set my Right button on the phone to Memo Pad and I've got 2 categories...Groceries and Things To Do. It works great and is fast to get to.
    If you're big on lists like groceries etc... You might look at this free program, I love it.

MaraTick
    Ted Regsuren's BB page

As for tasks. Used everyday... I like it because it syncs with Outlook Tasks and I often keep tasks up on my PC screen to keep me ontrack and I can alter/update them when I'm out with the BB to keep everything running smooth and keep me focused.
    08-29-08 07:21 PM
    What can one do with TASKS?
    09-13-08 04:18 PM
    Agenda View (in the Calendar) w/ Tasks... enough of a reason to use it, for me!!
    You're info was usefull., but I'm having trouble viewing my tasks. I too am very calendar/task drive. With a wife and three boys I use this feature everyday. I recently bought my Curve 3 days ago and use the TODAY theme(so it shows my appt's for that day), but can't seem to get my tasks viewed the same way I can see what calendar appt's I have for that day as well. it does me no good to use the tasks function if I can't view them on my display, or always have to access them through navigation.

I used to have the HTC 8525 and on my home display screen showed my calendar appts for that day ALONG with the tasks for that day. Can this phone do the same? Please tell me it can. Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Aaron
    10-12-08 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD