This delay on recieving GMAIL has been getting worse and worse lately. If like me there are emails you need right away, they only fix that seems to work after days of trying everything, including hours on phone with rogers, is to forward your gmail to your blackberry.net address. Gmail forwards instantly when it hits them so there is no delay there. I have done that and deleted the gmail accounts from my phone as I dont want to get the same emails again later. This is working flawlessly.
    10-28-10 11:15 AM
    I've been experiencing the same problem on my 9700, ended up forwarding Gmail to my Yahoo account and so far that seems to be working. Don't understand why in the email setting on the BIS site it says that deleted email syncs both ways but emails that get deleted off the Gmail site does not reflect on the Blackberry. Works flawlessly on an iPhone or on the BB with a Yahoo account. Don't know if the problem is with AT&T or Google.
    10-28-10 05:06 PM
    i was experiencing these delays
    then it got better

but today theyr'e back with a vengence. anywhere from 5 to a solid 30 mins before mail shows up but the iPhone is beeping away instantly on exchange thgough Gmail
    11-01-10 11:01 AM
    Yes...the problem is back. Last week spend hours on the phone to both verizon and rim...no help. I notiice it worked fine all week=end and generally well at night after 6 pm. Perhaps it is related to volume, anyone else notice this?
    11-01-10 11:57 AM
    Seems to be worse during business hours...great. Wish there was some sort of a fix for this other then forwarding the account.
    11-01-10 12:00 PM
    How do we get GMAIL or RIM to notice this issue?
    Clearly nothing is being done...
    11-09-10 02:11 PM
    All of my Google Apps clients are complaining of this issue (including myself)

It seems to be a widespread issue...
    11-10-10 04:16 PM
    just to state...anyone still having this issue? i think it's server side...since my inbox says 4:32, when the email itself says 3:23
    11-17-10 06:54 PM
    There is a thread going in the "Service Outages" forum on this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f156/vz...roblem-539187/

Granted the title of the forum is VZW/BIS (I put a request in to have this changed because it's clearly not a verizon only issue) but the last two pages talk about the gmail outage.

Apparently both RIM and GOOGLE are aware of the issue. It's on Google's end. Google claims they're working on it....but apparently they've been working on it for quite a while now.
    11-17-10 07:01 PM
    I am in Georgia on VZW and have noticed delays with receiving gmail emails on my Storm the last few days. It has been fine this morning though. I have an email stream that everyone has been hitting "reply all" for responses. Both my email addresses are in that email exchange for some reason and I have been getting both the gmail addressed and work addressed emails at the same time today. Yesterday I was not.
    11-18-10 08:41 AM
    Never mind. The delays are back. I received an email on my work email at 9:25am and then the same email did not show up on my BB to the gmail address at 9:37am.

For me it is more annoying that the author of this original email sent it to both my email addresses so I am getting everyone's replies twice!

Hopefully this issue is resolved soon though by Gmail or whomever is responsible.
    11-18-10 08:56 AM
    25 minutes here. It is getting worse and worse...
    11-19-10 12:00 PM
    I'm getting quite large delays too.
    11-19-10 12:14 PM
    I just switched from the Pearl 8130 to the Bold 9780, i never had delays, except when there were service outage for 3 years while i had the Pearl. Now with the new device there are delays. Tried service books, pulling battery. deleting and adding gmail acount again.

some times its within a min and today 1 email received in inbox at 11.31, and on BB at 2.08. I guess we have to wait and see when gmail starts working properly again...
    11-19-10 01:17 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD