I set that up last week and have to say it works like a charm. I don't have BES for my work and use my personal BB 8310 for everything. But I wanted to know whenever I received a work e-mail since I'm out of the office and on the road a lot.

Setting up an Outlook rule to redirect *most* incoming messages has worked great. Rather than forwarding, the redirect option shows the original sender's name, not mine simply as a Fw. So it looks like it was sent to my BB email directly from the originator. I can then choose to respond from my BB or disregard it and handle it when I'm back on Outlook.

I like this MUCH better than OWA because I don't have to browse, I get the messages instantly (faster than they get to Outlook), and I have the privacy of using my own phone without big brother watching my every move.

Best of all worlds!
    12-31-08 12:22 PM
    BES has other uses than just e-mail. PIM synchronization and security come to mind. If you are looking for just e-mail and your company allows OWA, its a good chance you can just add the e-mail via BIS (rather than redirect or forward) and you will be able to reply via BB just the same as if you are sitting at your desk.
    12-31-08 12:25 PM
    BES has other uses than just e-mail. PIM synchronization and security come to mind. If you are looking for just e-mail and your company allows OWA, its a good chance you can just add the e-mail via BIS (rather than redirect or forward) and you will be able to reply via BB just the same as if you are sitting at your desk.
    Yeah, I knew there were other advantages to BES that I don't get, but this seemed to be a good workaround for the email issue. After your comment about security, I'm also going to go in and tweak my rule a bit more to try and mitigate some of those potential issues.

I wasn't aware that I might possibly be able to add e-mail via BIS since we allow OWA. I'll talk to my IT folks and see if that's a possibility. Thanks for the tip!
    12-31-08 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD