POWER - Apple is in the driver seat, they negotiated with Verizon (Verizon begged) for the iPhone. If BlackBerry had a product that was in demand then they could negotiate a similar update process.

Also Verizon is a huge company... they have almost 100 Million subscribers. Personally I can understand why they do things differently than most of the carrier in the world that are MUCH, MUCH smaller.
    I would like to know what issues with software they were having. BB10 is easier to test with no BIS tag a long. You would think it's far easier now a days. My answer is they simply never bothered to test the passport. Just a conclusion. They simply figured it was better off focusing on the iphone. The Passport would be a niche product on a already niche blackberry brand. The sales would not be valuable. Opps...wrong

All I want for Christmas is a Passport
    11-04-14 03:38 PM
    I would not put a lot of stock in anything said by Verizon's sales reps. The person most likely heard that the Classic is going to be released next month and has no knowledge of the Passport.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z30
    11-04-14 03:47 PM
    Any word on the Passport availability for Verizon?-verizone-convo-copy-copy.jpg

This is the screen shot of my conversation.
    11-04-14 07:04 PM
    Micheal Clewley ( BlackBerry executive) posted the answer on his latest bbm channel post. He said no Verizon CDMA Passport because they didn't want it.
    "Unfortunately that's a complaint to Verizon. Maybe they'll want it eventually."

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 07:19 PM
    Delivers nothing. CSR knows nothing. CrackBerry would report this before a lowly Verizon employee.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    11-04-14 09:59 PM
    Delivers nothing. CSR knows nothing. CrackBerry would report this before a lowly Verizon employee.
    Verizon must have received tips from BlackBerry about blackberry products ...it's always a month away.

All I want for Christmas is a Passport
    11-04-14 10:15 PM
    Passport isnt coming. This rep just got it confused with the classic. cool your jets.
    11-05-14 11:05 AM
    Passport isnt coming. This rep just got it confused with the classic. cool your jets.
    Agreed.... I spoke with a Verizon Business Account Executive a Solutions Architect and a Regional Account Executive - Networkfleet, and and they said that Verizon had passed on the Passport. Things could change, but I would think they would know more than a general customer service rep working in a call center. Remember that Verizon also passed on the iPhone....
    11-06-14 08:33 AM
    Agreed.... I spoke with a Verizon Business Account Executive a Solutions Architect and a Regional Account Executive - Networkfleet, and and they said that Verizon had passed on the Passport. Things could change, but I would think they would know more than a general customer service rep working in a call center. Remember that Verizon also passed on the iPhone....
    When did Verizon pass on the iPhone?
    AT&T had an exclusive buddy.... Verizon didn't pass on it.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 08:56 AM
    When did Verizon pass on the iPhone?
    AT&T had an exclusive buddy.... Verizon didn't pass on it.

Posted via CB10
    Where have you been.... "buddy"?

Verizon rejected Apple iPhone deal - USATODAY.com

ATT had an exclusive, BECAUSE Verizon didn't want to play Steve Jobs control games.... so they said no. In other words they "passed" on being a supplier of the iPhone.

Their next step was to turn to BlackBerry and have them build a device to compete with this silly little touchscreen phone with no keys. And then the STORM was born, but by then Verizon had figured out just how bad a mistake they had made.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-06-14 09:09 AM
110 ... 345