Long story short, it was a deal gone wrong and I met up with someone who was going to buy my old BB 8120 and he just ran off with it. I know the IMEI and I know the PIN. Is there anything I can do to make it not work? It's a T-Mobile BB, so I can't have the IMEI blacklisted like they can do on Sprint and Verizon. Is there anything I can do? Thanks alot.
    10-13-09 08:27 AM
    on T-Mo, you will probably be able to just lock out the phone by calling your carrier and suspending the IMEI so no one can activate it.

Other than that, there are many apps that are out there, like SmrtGuard :: Your Smartphone Guardian™ But since your phone is gone, you really can't do much but call it into insurance and get another phone minus your deductible.
    10-13-09 08:33 AM
    I'm not looking to get a replacement, just keep the guy from using it. I worked for T-Mo, they don't lock out the IMEI.
    10-13-09 08:39 AM
    I assumed any GSM phone could blacklist the IMEI on a blackberry device if the carrier has the phone.
    10-13-09 08:44 AM
    Nope, unfortunately T-Mo doesn't do that. Anyway RIM could block it through the PIN or something? No secret code you can send the phone to get the IMSI or phone number??
    10-13-09 08:48 AM
    Nope, unfortunately T-Mo doesn't do that. Anyway RIM could block it through the PIN or something? No secret code you can send the phone to get the IMSI or phone number??
    Call Tmo tech support.
    With vzw you can see what phone numbers/emails are associated with the pin number if you have it.
    10-13-09 09:07 AM
    Call Tmo tech support.
    With vzw you can see what phone numbers/emails are associated with the pin number if you have it.
    Nope, they don't track by PIN, unfortunately.

Any other suggestions?
    10-13-09 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD