I have gmail properly setup through the email application on my Tour using IMAP, so when I read or delete a message on my device, it also changes in my gmail inbox on the web (or in a mail application on my computers).

My question is if there is a way to force the bb to check the gmail inbox and delete messages that have been deleted on the server. I often delete mail from my computer, and want to be able to have those changes reflected on the bb without manually deleting each email. I don't care if it's not automatic or instant, just something I can do every now and then.

Thanks!
    07-20-09 12:37 PM
    You can use the GMail app or wait for the enhanced plugin thing they've been developing.
    07-20-09 12:44 PM
    Will the Gmail app sync messages that are in the normal blackberry inbox? I thought it was a standalone application.

Also, do you have any more info on that plugin?
    07-20-09 02:35 PM
    It is a standalone app and no, I don't have any info on the plugin other than what has already been posted.

Enhanced Gmail Plug-in for BlackBerry currently in the works : Boy Genius Report
    07-21-09 11:13 AM
    I've read that Google sync doesn't do the best job for contacts, mapping to different fields, duplicating contacts. Can anyone confirm?
    07-21-09 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD