I have a couple people in my contact list that have pretty long names. When I get a message (most notably an SMS since it occurs more often than email), the first 5 lines are taken up just by the person's name, so I have to scroll to get to the message.

Anyone know how to shorten the name without changing it in my contacts? I like the full name listed in the contacts, but it's getting annoying.
    08-11-09 07:44 PM
    You can change their name, but it will change for all of BBM, not just when they send you a message. You want the full name to display when you see them in your contact list, and then a shortened version when they actually send you a message correct?

If so, to my knowledge, there is no way to accomplish this. The name will be the same in both locations.
    08-11-09 07:50 PM
    [QUOTE=dreamtobelieve;3314984]You want the full name to display when you see them in your contact list, and then a shortened version when they actually send you a message correct?QUOTE]

Correct.
    08-11-09 07:52 PM
    Sadly, as cool of a feature as that would be, I do not think it is possible.
    08-11-09 07:55 PM
    I would just change their name
    08-11-09 07:58 PM
    You are correct to my knowledge Dream, I know what you mean Sultan, this is an idea for an application right there, no kidding either...
    08-11-09 07:58 PM
    I thought I was right, that would be a dope feature though.

BTW, hello there SD glad to see you put down the 8130 for a bit
    08-11-09 08:01 PM
    I don't want to change their name But seriously, I'm thinking of telling this chick she shouldn't use her full name lol
    08-11-09 08:02 PM
    I know what you mean, especially women with hyphens, I'm like lady, pick a freakin' name will ya...

Dream, the Pearly is currently resting at home, taking a break, good memory J...
    08-11-09 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD