Any way to save or back up Facebook contacts before they are deleted? I have a lot of Facebook contacts linked together with other full contact info...and some that were contacts before they became linked with Facebook contact. What a disaster......

Posted via CB10
    gugomat likes this.
    03-15-16 04:54 PM
    I'm afraid not..smh

The BlackBerry Guy
    03-15-16 06:38 PM
    Any way to save or back up Facebook contacts before they are deleted? I have a lot of Facebook contacts linked together with other full contact info...and some that were contacts before they became linked with Facebook contact. What a disaster......

Posted via CB10
    It's too late for me to test -- I've already done the Facebook "update". (Lol)

But, What about trying one of the contact export apps from BB World. I used Contacts ImEx to export in the past. You may be able to capture the merged info that way.
    03-15-16 07:06 PM
    Oh man, good point! I will do some testing this weekend.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 09:37 PM

But, What about trying one of the contact export apps from BB World. I used Contacts ImEx to export in the past. You may be able to capture the merged info that way.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into this. Also, I wonder if any of the Android .apk Facebook files will run, and keep contacts?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 09:02 AM
    ContactsImEx will work, as suggested earlier. Or, if you're not adverse to putting your contacts in the cloud, IntouchApp Contacts, will also do the trick.
    03-16-16 09:59 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into this. Also, I wonder if any of the Android .apk Facebook files will run, and keep contacts?

Posted via CB10
    Possibly. Though you may not be able to merge them in the Contacts app.
    03-16-16 10:23 AM
    Hope my Priv shows up soon.

This is a bad nightmare. I use FB a lot.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    03-16-16 10:56 AM
    Hope my Priv shows up soon.

This is a bad nightmare. I use FB a lot.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    Relax. You will survive!
    03-16-16 11:02 AM
    The Priv will not include any contacts or information from Facebook.
    03-16-16 11:22 AM

Well, I tried Contacts ImEx and InTouch. Neither backed up Facebook Contacts that were not linked to a local contact. These aps only seem to back up or allow you to choose from local contacts. I have local contacts, Outlook contacts, and Facebook Contacts. There is no option to choose anything other than local. The disarray of the BB10 contact ap's filing system sure doesn't make this any easier.

Posted via CB10
    markus2107 likes this.
    03-16-16 04:04 PM
    Well, I tried Contacts ImEx and InTouch. Neither backed up Facebook Contacts that were not linked to a local contact. These aps only seem to back up or allow you to choose from local contacts. I have local contacts, Outlook contacts, and Facebook Contacts. There is no option to choose anything other than local. The disarray of the BB10 contact ap's filing system sure doesn't make this any easier.

Posted via CB10
    How many do you have that are only Facebook contacts? I would try getting a phone number or email address from those friends, so that they will save to your ContactsImEx file.
    03-16-16 04:25 PM
    I'm having the same issue. I am so glad I checked the reviews before "updating" to the new (hah!) FB "app," but now the phone is a timebomb in my pocket - apparently access to FB will be cut off at the end of this month, and then I'm going to lose hundreds of contacts, with no way to migrate them. What kind of rank stupidity is this?
    ZayDub likes this.
    03-16-16 09:52 PM
    Stuck trying to figure out the same. I use Outlook.com as a cloud solution for syncing contacts, but it doesn't grab Facebook linked contacts. So I dug around and saw potential in solutions from Yahoo or Gmail. Unfortunately, none of them allow Facebook contacts to be exported like they used to be. So Facebook has locked out Blackberry, Microsoft, Google and Yahoo as well from backing up this information.
    This is going to screw over a lot of Blackberry users in two weeks when contact lists get emptied. Someone should think about prepping the class action lawsuit paperwork.
    03-17-16 12:00 AM
    Here is a way to get your contacts install the new facebook update

Go to settings and accounts
    Any Way To Save Facebook Contacts?-img_20160317_095052.png

Click the add facebook account button
    Any Way To Save Facebook Contacts?-img_20160317_095055.png

Contacts should reappear

Running Passport SE on 10.3.2.2813

Attachment 394454

Attachment 394455
    03-17-16 04:52 AM
    I can get by without FB, but the FB contacts is another story. This is gonna suck.
    03-17-16 05:36 AM
    You can recover the contacts I showed solution there

03-17-16 07:01 AM
    You can recover the contacts I showed solution there

That is an obvious solution NOW. Will it still work on APRIL 1st?

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 07:29 AM
    That is an obvious solution NOW. Will it still work on APRIL 1st?

Posted via CB10
    No, at least not according to this. Update required to continue using Facebook on BlackBerry 7 and BlackBerry 10
    03-17-16 07:37 AM
    Is there no way to export to the contacts via a desktop FB app - Windows or Mac?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    03-17-16 08:17 AM
    That is exactly my point. People who implement that "solution" are most likely to wake up on 4/1 in a very bad mood.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 09:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    Where you able to back up the FB-parts of information, that were linked to you local accounts? Or was it really just the info you added locally? Cause I tried it with ImEx and it just worked for the all the information already stored locally on my phone...
    03-17-16 10:30 AM
    The real problem is that when the old Facebook is deleted, it will delete your contacts that are linked to Facebook, as well as the Facebook only contacts.

That's why you need a good recent backup, using an app such as ContactsImEx, to restore them all to your phone after Facebook is deleted.
    03-17-16 12:13 PM
    Is there no way to export to the contacts via a desktop FB app - Windows or Mac?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    Try using an email app, maybe Outlook or Gmail?
    03-17-16 12:13 PM
    The real problem is that when the old Facebook is deleted, it will delete your contacts that are linked to Facebook, as well as the Facebook only contacts.

That's why you need a good recent backup, using an app such as ContactsImEx, to restore them all to your phone after Facebook is deleted.
    My linked contacts? No way! Are you sure about that. Seems absolutely unreasonable to me.
    03-18-16 05:03 AM
34 12