i wish the bold will come one verizon

probably nothing as big as the bold is gunna come out soon
    08-19-09 12:47 PM
    I swithed from Verizon for the BOLD and absolutely love it (size included) just so you know its possible, I bought a used BOLD on Ebay then signed up with AT&T with NO contract so I can still get the deal on an Onyx or BOLD 2 when it comes out. That's when I'll sign up for the 2 year contract. Call AT&T and ask they'll give you service without a contract if you already have a phone !!!

Ebay BOLD's are between $250-$350
    It is a good idea but I don't really want to throw that much $ into it for the short term.

This new Onyx/Bold2/Merlin is going around in circles. It started out as the new Bold then changed to what looks like a VZW Tour. Now we come up with an actual Bold size Bold which should be in the same class as the original Bold. All of them with a coming "soon" release date.

As I said, I didn't like the Tour because it seemed cheaper than the Bold but if the Onyx/Merlin is going to be the same I don't know if I'd want it. VZW is supposed to have the Tour with wi-fi in the next batch out so will that make them twins?

I haven't read any detailed info on the new Bold size Bold but would hope it would retain the same quality of the old Bold that I think is lacking in the Tour and may be lacking in the Onyx/Merlin if all it is is a AT&T branded Tour.

That is why I'll stick with the TracFone for a few months to see how all this shakes out. Granted I don't have all the bells and whistles but I sure am saving some major $$$ over the next few months.
    08-19-09 08:55 PM
    Ok i think perfect "Bold-sized" device and a true successor to Bold would have:

-Current's Bold size (that is essential!)
    -Trackpad (RIM is going there with all their new phones..)
    -Double ram
    -Better camera (3.2, better optics, 640x480 or more @ 30fps recording capabilities)
    -Better battery (2000mAh+)

I think that is not asking for much..

And if this "hybrid" has it's market i'm not against it.. Just do it in a new line, since Bold and Onyx don't have TS it would not make sense to go on here..

Also i think Onyx is not the true successor of the current Bold, so that "Bold-sized" device must come!
    09-20-09 04:57 AM
    Now that I've used the Bold for about 1 yr, I really don't want anything smaller for my next phone. It could even be a little bigger. Just just a tad. I really like the look of the Bold keyboard, however coming from a Treo, the "bubble" style keys (like the Tour?) are easier to type on. I tend to make more errors with my Bold, than my Treo. However, I love the way it looks!

The Tour just felt too small to me...

I guess I have large hand, the Bold is slightly larger than my palm, measuring both top to bottom.
    09-21-09 11:26 AM
    Being a previous Bold owner and now having a Tour I really miss the size of the Bold. I have big hands and the Tour is very hard to hold onto and type .. And my right hand is always pressing in the camera button..

Not to mention no wifi, really disappointed in the Tour

Can only hope Verizon gets a Bold sized BB very soon..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 03:13 AM
    Ok i think perfect "Bold-sized" device and a true successor to Bold would have:

-Current's Bold size (that is essential!)
    -Trackpad (RIM is going there with all their new phones..)
    -Double ram
    -Better camera (3.2, better optics, 640x480 or more @ 30fps recording capabilities)
    -Better battery (2000mAh+)

I think that is not asking for much..

And if this "hybrid" has it's market i'm not against it.. Just do it in a new line, since Bold and Onyx don't have TS it would not make sense to go on here..

Also i think Onyx is not the true successor of the current Bold, so that "Bold-sized" device must come!
    Your wishes will come true soon. Oh yeah, and they are throwing on a touch screen for good measure.
    09-22-09 01:17 PM
    I hope you're right, .. don't know how i feel about the touch screen though
    10-01-09 06:06 AM
    im going to be honest and say a touch screen with a full qwerty keyboard would be useless if it were on the same level (not slide out style) especially at the size of the Bold.

This magnum is supposed to be the size of the Bold, lets say it is. If you have a Bold right now, put it in your hand and tell me you could navigate it with one hand without it being awkward or unnatural if it was touchscreen based.

I do want another Bold size BB, as the Onyx just seems too much like a glorified Tour. If the phones were similar in dimensions, lets just do a bit of dreaming here

Tegra or Snapdragon CPU
    Higher res screen 640 x 480
    5 MP cam
    512-1 gig of Ram
    Some installed memory for media (2 GB maybe like the Storm 2)
    MicroSD HC support to 64GB

Now i am dreaming but feasibly there are phones getting close to these specs and will be the norm before you know it, and if this phone aint due out for awhile this is totally possible. Besides if the Bold is the "Flagship" model, it would need to have specs to back up that claim, besides RIM isnt above charging an arm and a leg for the Bold line, might as well make it worth it.
    10-05-09 05:18 PM
    This magnum is supposed to be the size of the Bold, lets say it is. If you have a Bold right now, put it in your hand and tell me you could navigate it with one hand without it being awkward or unnatural if it was touchscreen based.
    You missed the part where it would still have the trackball (changed to a trackpad) and a keyboard...you'd be able to do the exact same one hand navigation and use the touchscreen only when it's convenient...and probably only when it's actually better than using the trackpad or keyboard.
    10-05-09 09:08 PM
    You missed the part where it would still have the trackball (changed to a trackpad) and a keyboard...you'd be able to do the exact same one hand navigation and use the touchscreen only when it's convenient...and probably only when it's actually better than using the trackpad or keyboard.
    I guess i should say, there is no situation that using a touchscreen on a Bold size device would be useful or convenient in any way. If you cant navigate the touchscreen with only one hand then the device would have a useless feature. There are zero features that Blackberry brings to the table to feature a touchscreen or implementation of a touchscreen on such a device.

Would this be a good idea though? Definitely, but on a device smaller than the Bold, (Onyx Tour size) it would work

I would buy one because i want another size bold device but being brutally honest, a touchscreen on a Bold size device would be a waste
    10-06-09 10:03 AM
    I guess i should say, there is no situation that using a touchscreen on a Bold size device would be useful or convenient in any way. If you cant navigate the touchscreen with only one hand then the device would have a useless feature. There are zero features that Blackberry brings to the table to feature a touchscreen or implementation of a touchscreen on such a device.

Would this be a good idea though? Definitely, but on a device smaller than the Bold, (Onyx Tour size) it would work

I would buy one because i want another size bold device but being brutally honest, a touchscreen on a Bold size device would be a waste
    I don't get it, isn't everybody's favorite touchscreen device already very similar to the Bold in its dimensions?
    10-10-09 02:33 AM

Do you seriously believe that 100% the time you use your device has to be one handed? That explains why the iphone has been such a failure.

Come on - BlackBerries are notorious for their stellar one hand usability and putting a touchscreen on a Bold would have ZERO effect on that whatsoever.

On the other hand, the touchscreen opens up a world of possibilities that are not currently available.
    10-10-09 02:09 PM
    I guess I was the only one who was born with two hands. :-/

10-11-09 01:12 PM
    I guess I was the only one who was born with two hands. :-/

Eww...freak.
    10-11-09 11:03 PM
    I would have loved for the Bold to come to Sprint. Before the Bold came out from different websites that i had been reading on, the Bold had been slated to be released for all carriers. Well I got my hopes up too high. Oh well, let's see what comes out. RIM and the wireless providers would make so much more money if they had the same devices on multiple carriers. I know there's flagships/exclusivity deals, but the thought is still nice.
    10-12-09 09:24 AM
    Being a previous Bold owner and now having a Tour I really miss the size of the Bold. I have big hands and the Tour is very hard to hold onto and type .. And my right hand is always pressing in the camera button..

Not to mention no wifi, really disappointed in the Tour

Can only hope Verizon gets a Bold sized BB very soon..

I have a Curve 8330m and a buddy of mine let's me use his Bold sometimes. I absolutely love it. It almost makes me want to switch to AT&T.
    10-12-09 09:28 AM
    I want to switch to ATT all the time.

Any way there are pictures of the Dakota (formaly Magnum) on sal's website.
    Last edited by flyflyaway75; 10-15-09 at 08:11 PM.
    10-15-09 08:09 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD