PDF Manual lists these:

Set the BlackBerry device to turn on and turn off automatically
    (I like to know if I missed a call even while sleeping so I just silence the phone and leave it always on.)

Turn off the connection to a wireless network when you are not in a wireless coverage area.
    (Does this mean turn off data service or is this referring to turning the radio off? If its the radio if that is off you won't know if someone it trying to call right? Unless of course you have no signal.)

Delete the original message when you send a reply.
    (I'm not quite sure how this would use less battery power.)

Lower the brightness of the backlighting.
    (I have mine set to 10% and wouldn't mind if it were even less bright.)

Turn off the flash in the camera.
    (Does this use power even if you never use the camera?)

Send a message to multiple contacts using Add To, Add Cc, or Add Bcc.
    (Is this only for email or can this be done with SMS text too?)

Charge your device regularly.
    (How often is regularly? If I can got 3 or 4 days before its down to the low battery warning is that too infrequent?)

I thought at some point when I was setting up my BB just after I got it that there was a more extensive list somewhere but I can't seem to find it.
    06-12-08 07:46 AM
    I set my backlight time out to 30 seconds or less, auto dim backlight is set to on, make sure no extraneous apps are running in the background, and try to keep it in standby as often as possible.
    06-12-08 08:27 AM
    My backlight timeout is set to 10 sec. and I always turn on standby when I set it down or put it in my pocket. Will turning off data save any power when not actively using data?
    06-12-08 09:46 AM
    Make sure your GPS Services is set to "OFF" or "911 Only." The label varies by device. You can't really turn it off entirely, but if the cross-hairs icon is showing radio waves coming out of it, which corresponds to "Location On" on my 8830, you are using more battery power than if you just have the cross-hairs icon with no radio waves.
    06-12-08 09:57 AM
    I've set my Brightness to 50% and it doesn't seem to change anything (yes I pressed the save button).
    06-12-08 10:11 AM
    Out of curiosity when turning GPS off (911 only) can it be turned on by demand. For example on my old not smartphone phone I had BT set to off and I could activate my BT headset and choose to connect to it during a call without the need to fumble through to settings. So for example if I use an app that uses GPS will it ask me if I want to temporarily activate GPS? Or will I have to manually turn it back on and then off again?
    06-12-08 02:09 PM
    Hmm.. Some of those tips, as you addressed, don't seem like they would affect battery life as much as the memoury status of the device. Especially the tips that have to do with text/emailing....
    06-12-08 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD