10-25-09 06:33 AM
31 12
tools
    I'm looking into picking one up here very soon and thought i would ask the addicts on these boards for your opinions on either A) you being a truck driver and how well your headset works for the environment you are in, or B) working in a loud environment and how well your headset works...

Now I know there are going to be different results for different people, but I am wanting a general idea... Price is not a super big deal as i need something that will work very well and willing to spend some money on it... I have been looking and I think it might come down to either the Jawbone 1 or 2, or the Plantronics 925.. If anyone has any other suggestions, please give me a little info about your experience with said headset!

Oh and clarity and noise suppresion is a big must if it's not obvious...

Thanks in advance!
    Brandon
    06-30-08 11:44 PM
    brandon

if i were you i'd check the jawbone-noise-shield-bluetooth-headset
    I had 3 different sets of bluetooth and this is the last one i got and its great in my truck the girlfriend saids she doesn't hear any more truck noise I payed more for mine at rogers just check the link Diesel
    07-01-08 12:18 AM
    Of all the BT I've ever used the Jawbone2 has by far the loudest incoming audio.
    07-01-08 12:58 AM
    brandon

if i were you i'd check the jawbone-noise-shield-bluetooth-headset
    I had 3 different sets of bluetooth and this is the last one i got and its great in my truck the girlfriend saids she doesn't hear any more truck noise I payed more for mine at rogers just check the link Diesel
    That's good to hear... I will be using it in a truck also... My last bluetooth, i got free with my old motorola, which was a motorola bluetooth, worked okay, but was told there was alot of background noise... That is my main concern with the next bluetooth i pick up... i know they have gotten alot better since, but was curious about other people's experience with them in a truck!

Thanks for your input!
    07-01-08 12:59 AM
    Of all the BT I've ever used the Jawbone2 has by far the loudest incoming audio.
    That is one of the two headsets i've been looking at... I think i'm going more towards the jawbone though... Many users have nothing but good to say about them, but i'm curious if they are tough to get to sit right in the ear like i've heard?
    07-01-08 01:03 AM
    Truck driver here also. Get the jawbone, and as for the ear wires just bend them to the shape that fits you.
    07-01-08 01:07 AM
    Truck driver here also. Get the jawbone, and as for the ear wires just bend them to the shape that fits you.
    Pretty easy to bend the ear wires then? I've seen the jawbone locally, but haven't seen the jawbone 2 locally yet... anybody know if these are in stores yet or is online the only place we can find them still?
    07-01-08 01:15 AM
    I bought my Jawbone 2 at my local AT&T Store I believe I paid $125 for it and until I realized that I could bend the ear wires the only issue I had was that it didn't seem to sit well in my ear but that is a thing of the past. I have had damn near every bt headset out there that claimed to have superior noise cancelling technology and by far the Jawbone 2 delivers, you can't go wrong! Good luck
    07-01-08 01:26 AM
    I bought my Jawbone 2 at my local AT&T Store I believe I paid $125 for it and until I realized that I could bend the ear wires the only issue I had was that it didn't seem to sit well in my ear but that is a thing of the past. I have had damn near every bt headset out there that claimed to have superior noise cancelling technology and by far the Jawbone 2 delivers, you can't go wrong! Good luck
    Well general agreement so far is jawbone, but i'm curious, is it tough to wear sunglasses with the jawbone? I have a pair of Oakley half jackets that i wear quite a bit when working and not, and am curious if the ear wires would interfere or keep me from not wearing both at the same time?
    07-01-08 02:11 AM
    You might wish to look the Parrot BT 250 over.

Products - VXI Parrott B250 Headset

Looks ugly but it was mentioned to me by another user here as just heads above anything we generally see (jawbone etc), and is marketed to truck drivers through truckstops. Not much in the way of general retail sales to the regular market, I'll figure because it's not very stylish. Always a tradeoff.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f42/vxi...-review-46519/

This is the thread where I learned about it. About halfway through, we start to discuss the Blue Parrot product and it will give you some insight.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f42/ver...-review-44441/
    07-01-08 10:41 AM
    You might wish to look the Parrot BT 250 over.

Products - VXI Parrott B250 Headset

Looks ugly but it was mentioned to me by another user here as just heads above anything we generally see (jawbone etc), and is marketed to truck drivers through truckstops. Not much in the way of general retail sales to the regular market, I'll figure because it's not very stylish. Always a tradeoff.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f42/vxi...-review-46519/

This is the thread where I learned about it. About halfway through, we start to discuss the Blue Parrot product and it will give you some insight.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f42/ver...-review-44441/
    Hmmm interesting.... I'll have to swing in the truck stop later tonight and check it out.... See if any of the local ones even have them.... Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to do a little more digging i guess...
    07-01-08 02:54 PM
    One guy in the thread said they seemed to be backordered or something.

The other guy bought that one off ebay and was happy.
    07-01-08 02:58 PM
    That would be me and ebay. Over the weekend I was wearing the B250 while cleaning out my car with a full size shop vac, while carrying on a conversation on the headset. The shop vac was four feet away from me and the other person could hear me fine. Said I sounded a bit better after I turned it off though.

I tried out the range - walked 40 feet away from the phone and it still worked fine. This was without obstacles between the phone and headset though.
    07-01-08 03:24 PM
    That would be me and ebay. Over the weekend I was wearing the B250 while cleaning out my car with a full size shop vac, while carrying on a conversation on the headset. The shop vac was four feet away from me and the other person could hear me fine. Said I sounded a bit better after I turned it off though.

I tried out the range - walked 40 feet away from the phone and it still worked fine. This was without obstacles between the phone and headset though.
    Wow... sounds like it works pretty well then.... i might have to start looking into those... i have heard of Parrot's before from the CSR that i bought my pearl originally from, but never really looked into them..
    07-01-08 04:00 PM
    I am a truck driver as well. I'm looking for a BT headset that has long battery life, loud and good noise reduction. I also have a truck driver thread started under social networking so we crackberry toting truck drivers can communicate. Visit my thread. Always willing to talk to a truck driver. Feel free to contact me. pin:242dbc78 My E-mail:quaz7829@sbcglobal.net

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-08 11:36 AM
    for you CB guys
    Code:
    http://www.sparkyscbshack.com/catalog/item/1830782/6034793.htm

07-03-08 03:15 PM
    for you CB guys
    Code:
    http://www.sparkyscbshack.com/catalog/item/1830782/6034793.htm

Wow! that's pretty cool.... Wonder how well the receiving end could hear you? I know if it works as well as my 29 LTDNWWX works, i would be in business...

Thanks alot for the link m33kr0b! That would solve the problem for me and my co-driver....
    07-03-08 07:35 PM
    I have the Plantronics 815 Voyager...it's fantastic....It has Audio IQ which adapts to your environment so you hear and be heard. It also has a slide boom which you can conveniently answer and end calls without ever touching your phone as well as that it brings the mic closer so you can be heard. 7 hours of talk time and 160 hours of standby. If you have more than one cellphone the multipoint system allows for you to be connected to two different cell phones at once and be able to answer them both from one headset. I have no complaints and I am normally in some loud environments and when I am at home, my house tends to echo and it blocks that out perfectly whereas my other one did not.
    07-04-08 12:10 AM
    I have the Plantronics 815 Voyager...it's fantastic....It has Audio IQ which adapts to your environment so you hear and be heard. It also has a slide boom which you can conveniently answer and end calls without ever touching your phone as well as that it brings the mic closer so you can be heard. 7 hours of talk time and 160 hours of standby. If you have more than one cellphone the multipoint system allows for you to be connected to two different cell phones at once and be able to answer them both from one headset. I have no complaints and I am normally in some loud environments and when I am at home, my house tends to echo and it blocks that out perfectly whereas my other one did not.
    Good to hear... i might have to check into that one as well... I've been looking at the truck stops, and have not been able to find the Parrot headsets... they have the cheaper ones... I'm glad people are still adding to this thread... I'm sure it will help more than just me later on down the road...

BTW have a safe 4th all!
    07-04-08 03:10 AM
    Yeah, may end up ebaying one on a leap of faith for that one. One guy said they were backordered when he treid to get one, so maybe they aren't out atthe stops now either.
    07-04-08 10:20 AM
    Yeah, may end up ebaying one on a leap of faith for that one. One guy said they were backordered when he treid to get one, so maybe they aren't out atthe stops now either.
    Yeah, could be.... i've checked the ones here in eastern washington, and north central oregon, but sunday i'll check central oregon when i'm down there.. i know of a few truck stops i could check!
    07-05-08 03:57 PM
    Good luck. I'm contemplating one myself.
    07-05-08 04:27 PM
    I personally was not impressed with the quality of sound with the 1st jawbone. Just in a normal car or even my store I had a hard time hearing. Sometimes I would get complaints of the wind eveb with the noise shield on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-08 01:47 AM
    On the suggestion of a truck driver friend I just picked up a Blueparrot B250. It's big and ugly but it freakin' WORKS, it's the best sounding headset (bluetooth OR wired) I've ever used before, and I've tried most of them, include the Plantronics 925, BlueAnt and Jawbone 1 (haven't tried the JB2), which are all known for working well in noisy places.

The first thing that surprised me is that both the incoming and outgoing audio quality is BETTER than my 8330's handset, which is amazing enough (well not really, Blackberry's have never been known for good audio).

The best part is the noise canceling microphone and high quality, very loud speaker. Nothing harsh or tinny about it, incoming callers sound warm and clear and my voice sounds better than the mic in the 8830.

I was an audio engineer for 20 years and still have friends in the industry. I called one earlier today from my quiet home office for a baseline and he said I sounded better than just using the phone. Then I called him back later and said "how do I sound now?" He said I sounded exactly the same.

Interesting, because I was jamming down the freeway at 70MPH in my small car with it's loud motor, A/C at full speed, radio on just a bit, and both windows down! He couldn't even tell I was in a car! How awesome is that?

Called another engineer friend and he said the same thing. Right as I was talking a Harley with open exhaust ripped past me in the next lane. He couldn't even hear it and he's got an ear for everything (he mixes sound effects).

I just did another test: a carpenter is here at my house fitting a door to the frame with a skill saw. While he was cutting I was leaving a message on my answering machine - from 20 feet away the saw was inaudible, and just barely so from 5 feet away. I was talking very quietly specifically to check the signal to noise ratio. Amazing.

Point being, there is NO better bluetooth headset for noisy environments than this one! Not even close, forget the rest! It's SO nice to finally be able to talk in my normal quiet voice even in very noisy environments. Oh, and the range is great, about twice what I got from other BT earpieces.

The only practical downside is that when you turn off the headset then turn it back on, you have to tell the phone to connect to it. My 8330 just picks them up again with other headsets except this one. Minor inconvenience though.

Other than that - pure awesomeness, if you don't mind looking like you're launching the Space Shuttle while driving, and I don't, as long as it works. It most definitely does!
    07-08-08 08:11 PM
    Yeah, could be.... i've checked the ones here in eastern washington, and north central oregon, but sunday i'll check central oregon when i'm down there.. i know of a few truck stops i could check!
    They're hard to find retail, even at truck stops, because they're new and selling fast. None are on eBay right now, unfortunately. I paid full price + shipping to get mine from VXI directly.

If you can find a Roadwarrior B150 though in your travels though, they're almost as good and should be a lot less expensive.
    07-08-08 08:14 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD