hi,

i have a very bad connection to my provider at my home. think it's cause auf living in the 19th floor. well, is there any way to display (and log) with which cell i am currently connected? my device is a blackberry bold

p.s.: wasn't sure where to post this.
    01-04-09 01:40 PM
    I'm sorry but I couldn't understand the question. Are you saying you want to use your BB as the Modem and have it show up on your computer as a connection?

Lol sorry if I'm way off! hahah
    01-04-09 01:43 PM
    I think the OP's question is: Is there a way to tell what Cell Site (Tower) he's connected to?

I dont think there is a way, or not one that i know of.
    01-04-09 01:46 PM
    I think the OP's question is: Is there a way to tell what Cell Site (Tower) he's connected to?
    yes... sorry i am not familiar with gsm related english. ;-)
    the bb indicator for signal strenght is changing from 0 to full. without that i am moving the mobile. so i would like to log this and maybe check if my bb is hopping from one cell site to another. if i am outside of my building everything is working like a charm. but not in the 19th floor.
    01-04-09 01:55 PM
    the bb indicator for signal strenght is changing from 0 to full. without that i am moving the mobile.
    I don't understand this. Your signal strength issues seems to derive from your apartment location and not the cell towers location.

Do you mean without moving your BB in your apartment the signal strength goes from 0 to full?
    01-04-09 02:01 PM
    yes. without moving.
    well, actually i just wanna know the current cell tower id. i think i can better talk to the support hotline when i can give them detailed information.
    01-04-09 02:11 PM
    think, this wil do the job.. F5 BlackBerry Utils from sourceforge (sorry, i am not allowed to post urls yet)
    01-04-09 03:18 PM
    F5 BlackBerry Utils - Interesting, i'm gonna play with it, i'll tell y'all what i think

[Edit]

SignalLoc, made by F5 is an interesting utility. Works with both CDMA and GMS devices. (Loaded fine OTA on my Storm, Can read CDMA or GSM depending on what network i have selected as active.) It'll give the Cell Site ID and Grid numbers as well as a bunch of other usefull network and device information.
    Last edited by TrinaryOC; 01-04-09 at 04:14 PM.
    01-04-09 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD