I was wondering what kind of rebates and such do you guys do for Blackberrys and other type of grievances.

I went to check how much a BB Bold would cost me and the rep said $600 but he would do an "Exception Discount" (You heard of this?) for me making the fone $500 w/ a mail in rebate.

Is there anything else I can have him add? Something that some reps wont fill me in on? I want to go there and shock the rep that I know I am entitled to another rebate or larger discount than he/she previously mentioned.

Just to fill you in, I had a Black Jack II since I started with AT&T last March 15th - its now pretty much trashed; I pay the $5 insurance each month; and my bill is about $100+ a month.

If you could help me asap that would be awesome thanks!
    03-24-09 04:15 PM
    I want, I want, I want....and I don't want to pay for it. Youkre a little winer and the reason sales reps hate customers. If you want something just pay for it and be happy. Why are you so special? Because you pay a whole hundred dollars a month. Who cares we all do.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 06:27 PM
    You'd probably have better luck down in the AT&T Forum:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f68/
    03-24-09 06:48 PM
    There is an "Ask the ATT Rep" in that ATT forum as well.
    03-24-09 06:49 PM
    You can usually do a manager exception upgrade and get the 1 year price with a 2 year contract extension. the insurance doesnt mean crap for the most part. Its your ARPU that they look at, and how you pay your bill
    03-24-09 06:53 PM
    Thanks everyone.

And to the guy who says I bother AT&T reps...chill.

I just wanted to know because Im 17 and the fone is coming out of pocket from me for the most part and my mother just wanted to know if I could get it for any cheaper.
    03-24-09 07:44 PM
    I went to check how much a BB Bold would cost me and the rep said $600 but he would do an "Exception Discount" (You heard of this?) for me making the fone $500 w/ a mail in rebate.
    Wow, he upped the price on the phone to $600, it's $550 at the AT&T store close to my house.
    03-24-09 08:00 PM
    I want, I want, I want....and I don't want to pay for it. Youkre a little winer and the reason sales reps hate customers. If you want something just pay for it and be happy. Why are you so special? Because you pay a whole hundred dollars a month. Who cares we all do.
    You're an *** or an ignorant customer who pays retail for everything.

Most companies (especially service companies like AT&T) can afford to sell you expensive phones very cheap. In fact, if you sign a contract even expensive phones like the Bold will make the phone company quite a bit of money regardless of how much you pay for the phone.

Just because someone tries to get something cheaper doesn't make him a "little winer". Also, Salesman don't hate those people. I used to be a Salesman and those type of people were great because I could drop the price some, still make money and I had a guaranteed sell.
    03-24-09 08:03 PM
    due to the time that you got your first phone in march of 2008 you are not eligible for a upgrade yet. Now att has an option for our customers who are looking to upgrade but are not at the point of full upgrade yet. It is called an exception upgrade. What that is is you would pay the two year contract price for whatever phone you pick out plus an additional 75.00 ontop of that, then the 18.00 upgrade fee on your bill. And the new two year agreement that you would be entered in. And that offer is only good at att corp. stores because a manager has to do the override for it, and other stores that are independently owned do not have the ability to do an override. hope this helps.
    03-24-09 08:31 PM
    I no longer buy subsidized phones with carrier bloatware. Unlocked/unbranded all the way.
    03-24-09 08:51 PM
    due to the time that you got your first phone in march of 2008 you are not eligible for a upgrade yet. Now att has an option for our customers who are looking to upgrade but are not at the point of full upgrade yet. It is called an exception upgrade. What that is is you would pay the two year contract price for whatever phone you pick out plus an additional 75.00 ontop of that, then the 18.00 upgrade fee on your bill. And the new two year agreement that you would be entered in. And that offer is only good at att corp. stores because a manager has to do the override for it, and other stores that are independently owned do not have the ability to do an override. hope this helps.
    Ok Refurb Bold 199 + 75 + 18 = 292 is what it sounds like to me or 392 if you want a brand new bold. PROVIDING you can talk the manager in to doing it.

EDIT: New Bold would actually be 492, BUT you would get 100 back as a rebate. Refurb you don't have to deal with a rebate.
    03-24-09 09:14 PM
    I'm wondering some of the same things, and I need a few more questions answered by an at&t rep., or someone who works for at&t. please pm me.
    03-24-09 09:45 PM
    . And that offer is only good at att corp. stores because a manager has to do the override for it, and other stores that are independently owned do not have the ability to do an override. hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

--That is not true at all! I do exception upgrades daily and I am not a COR store. We sell the Bold for $449.99 with a $100 rebate,that also includes two accessories, even with the XCPT upgrade, as long as the customer has been in contract atleast six months. All we have to do is call C&R to get this done with our dealer code.
    03-25-09 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD