do you guys have any information about blackberry storm 3?
    04-29-10 10:42 PM
    RIM Is currently trying to design the motherboard of the S3 so that it is at least half the size of the S1's in order to fit a brand new and very big battery into it iirc. If this works then the miniturized motherboards will most likely find their way into other devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 10:51 AM
    i think the storm 3 is the new slider. sthe storm 2 came out a year after the first storm so i bet we will see the new storm christmas 2010
    04-30-10 11:47 AM
    Its been said many times the new slider is not the storm 3.

05-01-10 04:29 PM
    We saw the first leaked images of the Storm2 on May of last year so hopefully we see some new images and hear more info about the Storm3. I'm looking very much forward to it.
    05-02-10 01:08 AM
    I hope to see some leaked photos sometime soon. My upgrade is this month and unless there's some concrete information about the S3, I'll probably buy an Android device.

05-02-10 12:14 PM
    It probably won't be released until the October-December time frame. This is when the previous versions were released. Nothing is set in stone though.
    05-02-10 12:23 PM
    Its been said many times the new slider is not the storm 3.

Just because someone on here says the the slider is not the S3 does not make it true.

We have nothing on the S3 but one post. We have pics of the slider.
    05-02-10 02:25 PM
    If that ugly slider is the storm3 I'm out of here...

Isn't the slider gsm tho? Storm is cdma so that's a pretty good indication it isn't the storm3
    05-02-10 03:18 PM
    If that ugly slider is the storm3 I'm out of here...

Isn't the slider gsm tho? Storm is cdma so that's a pretty good indication it isn't the storm3
    Ya IF the slider is the S3 i will go with the S2 or the Bold.

OR the Storm Nano!!!! lol
    Last edited by PensHockey; 05-02-10 at 08:44 PM.
    05-02-10 03:47 PM
    storm nano ftw! but no seriously, s3 better come out...i'm still rockin the s1 and judging by how many times i've dropped this thing, I don't think it can wait much longer
    05-03-10 12:17 AM
    I have a S1, and am constantly worried about how applications affect memory. If the S3 has 1G app mem, then I'm there. If it has 512M app mem as rumored, then I think I will compare the Android phones that are out at the time. My NE2 is up in November.
    05-03-10 08:23 AM
    RIM Is currently trying to design the motherboard of the S3 so that it is at least half the size of the S1's in order to fit a brand new and very big battery into it iirc. If this works then the miniturized motherboards will most likely find their way into other devices.

I really hope this post is pure bs and speculation.....smaller motherboard for a bigger battery....wtf? The only thing that I can't complain about is the battery in my storm.

05-03-10 09:19 AM
    imagine ten to fifteen hours of heavy data usage.

But to be honest, I'm amazed that we haven't heard a lot of rumors about the S3, only speculation.
    05-03-10 09:56 AM
    In order for me to stay, it's going to have to be like what was rumored. Fast boot time, Fast CPU, I also need more app memory as my S1 has only a handful of apps but I can't boot up past 20. Also I want LTE ready which it's rumored to be.

It's definitely something I'm looking at, but Android maybe where I go when my contract ends... or iPhone if it comes to VZW. Blackberry is nice... but the competitor offerings look good too.
    05-03-10 02:37 PM
    Agree. I want it thinner than the S1 fix the dust under the screen!!!! More memory. Thats it and i am all good.
    05-03-10 06:33 PM
    To be honest that may be all it needs. as long as the chips are powerful enough that there is no lag when running Blackberry 6
    Oh, and WiFi N
    05-03-10 09:01 PM
    Agree. I want it thinner than the S1 fix the dust under the screen!!!! More memory. Thats it and i am all good.
    S2 fixes the dust under the screen issue... as does a replacement S1

but the thinner device described in the S3 hands on thread sounds dead sexy
    05-04-10 02:22 AM
    S2 fixes the dust under the screen issue... as does a replacement S1

but the thinner device described in the S3 hands on thread sounds dead sexy
    I have read some treads about the S2 and they still talk about dust under the screen. I also have had a replacement S1 not just a refurb but a replacement. I still have a little bit in the upper corner.

What they talk about the S3 having does sound sexy, IF its real. With out pics i dont belive it.
    05-04-10 06:38 AM
    Well with the S2 being discontinued, I'm sure most retailers will blow them out with buy 1 get 1. Once stock is cleared out of the channel I'd imagine S3 info should start coming in.

Question, does anyone know the processors in the newest offerings, i.e. slider, bold? I think RIM likes to repackage a lot of there phones in different skins so I'm wondering if anything we've already seen will make it's way to the S3, or if this is going to be a complete generational gap.
    05-04-10 09:49 AM
    imagine ten to fifteen hours of heavy data usage.

But to be honest, I'm amazed that we haven't heard a lot of rumors about the S3, only speculation.
    RIM has clearly clamped down on info leaks. I like the idea of figuring out how to get a better battery in there. Everyone else is going to smaller batteries and just making you charge it more. I want at least 24 hours out of the device if not 2 days of heavy use with down time overnight.

Or maybe RIM just needs bigger batteries because they can't get decent life out of the S1/S2 software. .419 and .591 are horrible at battery management. So they are looking to hardware to limit the software problems...(Typical!)

I'm due in October, so by then We should know a lot, and there will be the iPhone HD, and whatever follows the incredible.
    05-05-10 12:10 PM
    I hope to see some leaked photos sometime soon. My upgrade is this month and unless there's some concrete information about the S3, I'll probably buy an Android device.

Unfortunately, I am in the same boat. I am anxiously waiting on some info, and I am also eligible to upgrade right now... but as much as I am a Blackberry fanatic, that HTC Incredible is really tempting me... I don't know if I could leave blackberry though
    ....even if it is only temporarily....
    hmmmm.... still thinking about that Droid, lol!
    05-17-10 07:42 PM
    I have a home cell up for upgrade in Nov. and a NE2 available now...thinking about buying a used S2, using the NE2 on an Incredible and the Nov. upgrade for S3.
    05-17-10 09:57 PM
    I have a home cell up for upgrade in Nov. and a NE2 available now...thinking about buying a used S2, using the NE2 on an Incredible and the Nov. upgrade for S3.
    I'm thinking about buying a used S2 also...that incredible looks sweet even though the backside is weird and looks sort of uncomfortable

05-17-10 10:00 PM
    They need to figure out how to add a mini LED projector to a Blackberry, that's a bit of technology that would put them way ahead of any other smartphone out there. Just think, you could present your work on any blank space, watch video clips and movies anywhere, the possibilities are endless.
    05-18-10 03:17 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD