But then there is EVDO Rev.0 and EVDO Rev.A, isn't the 8900 a EVDO Rev.0 phone?
    Rev 0 and REV A as far as I know are both considered 3G CDMA.

The 8900 is a GSM 2G EDGE device. The 8930 (or whatever the CDMA Curve 2 will be called) I would think would have at least EVDO Rev 0.
    12-22-08 11:15 PM
    ive heard that it was going to come out in may fromthe verizon reps. kinda makes sense right before the summer
    12-22-08 11:36 PM
    Rev 0 and REV A as far as I know are both considered 3G CDMA.

The 8900 is a GSM 2G EDGE device. The 8930 (or whatever the CDMA Curve 2 will be called) I would think would have at least EVDO Rev 0.
    Oops, my bad.

Yes, I meant 8930, or whatever the CDMA version of the 8900 is.
    12-22-08 11:38 PM
    any news on when the 8900 will be heading over to VZW the bold is a little to wide for me?
    12-23-08 08:06 AM
    according to the sheet with RIM's plans for 2009/2010, the 8930 an 9030 should be out first half of 09, until then, my Storm will make due
    12-23-08 09:30 AM
    My contract ends in May. I think Im going to look on Ebay for a curve in the mean time. I really hope the Niagara comes out in May.
    12-30-08 01:44 PM
    My contract ends in May. I think Im going to look on Ebay for a curve in the mean time. I really hope the Niagara comes out in May.
    im did the samething as you, im happy i did because i love my curve
    12-30-08 10:12 PM
    Hey CX, quick question. On that leaked sheet that shows RIM's upcoming devices for 2009, it shows the Niagra will have a 3.2 MP camera in it. As you have said this will be exactly the same, are they upgrading the camera or is that possibly just false information. Don't know if your allowed to answer this but if so, I'm just throwing it out there.
    12-31-08 08:23 AM
    I've been looking on eBay and craigslist all day/night for a decent curve. So far they're all either poor condition or over $200 :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 08:42 AM
    I've been looking on eBay and craigslist all day/night for a decent curve. So far they're all either poor condition or over $200 :/

did you try the crackberry marketplace? There are usually some good deals there.
    12-31-08 02:48 PM
    It would be really funny to see the bold show on VZW soon. Can you imagine the number of Storms that would never sell?

Well, Considering that the Crazy Amount of Storms are already sold, yes I could imagine that lol

Curve to the Storm. Excellent phone!
    01-01-09 04:06 PM
    There will be some overlap, but not too much.
    01-01-09 04:10 PM
    Engadget is reporting a rumor that the CDMA Bold will make its way to Sprint in Q1 of 2009. Does this mean that Verizon could see it around the same time or even sooner?!?!

Fun rumor du jour: BlackBerry Bold coming to Sprint this quarter - Engadget Mobile
    01-02-09 09:23 PM
    Engadget is reporting a rumor that the CDMA Bold will make its way to Sprint in Q1 of 2009. Does this mean that Verizon could see it around the same time or even sooner?!?!

Fun rumor du jour: BlackBerry Bold coming to Sprint this quarter - Engadget Mobile
    When I see Q1 I'm reallly hoping March, but I'm sure it will be May. I just hope by March we have maybe some pics, official confirmation, **** maybe even pricing and release rumors, but if it follows the Storm pattern of that, It will be a long few months, even though I have the Storm to hold me over.
    01-06-09 03:48 PM
    Same here. I have the curve to hold me over
    01-07-09 10:03 AM
    Man if this information is true, I'm returning my Storm today! haha
    01-10-09 02:29 PM
    You need to use the Storm more than "trying it in the store." No offense, but you can't understand until you take her home <3
    01-14-09 07:53 PM
    The specs on the upcoming Bold sound like exactly what I want. For me wifi isn't a deal breaker. In fact, call me stupid but I don't get all the hype with wifi to begin with. I can't think of anywhere I've been that has wifi but no cellular coverage. Since it sounds like wifi will be there I'm sure I'll use it but it isn't a requirement for me.

What I'm curious about is whether the GPS is going to be locked down. This is my single biggest complaint with VZW. There are so many cool and fun GPS apps out there and I can't use any of them. I am STILL unclear as to whether the "unlocked" GPS on the storm is really unlocked.

I'm thinking GPS being unlocked on an upcoming device is something that could change at the last minute but if anyone does have any information, I'd love to hear it.

I hate the waiting game, but it sounds like this one is worth it.
    01-15-09 06:57 PM
    The specs on the upcoming Bold sound like exactly what I want. For me wifi isn't a deal breaker. In fact, call me stupid but I don't get all the hype with wifi to begin with. I can't think of anywhere I've been that has wifi but no cellular coverage. Since it sounds like wifi will be there I'm sure I'll use it but it isn't a requirement for me.

What I'm curious about is whether the GPS is going to be locked down. This is my single biggest complaint with VZW. There are so many cool and fun GPS apps out there and I can't use any of them. I am STILL unclear as to whether the "unlocked" GPS on the storm is really unlocked.

I'm thinking GPS being unlocked on an upcoming device is something that could change at the last minute but if anyone does have any information, I'd love to hear it.

I hate the waiting game, but it sounds like this one is worth it.
    Verizon has lifted the GPS ban and it started with the Storm. As a matter of fact any blackberry on Verizon running OS 4.5 has had GPS unlocked and free to use. ie: Pearl,8830, Curve all now have unlocked GPS.
    01-15-09 07:02 PM
    Verizon has lifted the GPS ban and it started with the Storm. As a matter of fact any blackberry on Verizon running OS 4.5 has had GPS unlocked and free to use. ie: Pearl,8830, Curve all now have unlocked GPS.
    I appreciate the response...I actually have a Curve running 4.5.0.77. I can't use Trapster. I can't use Google Maps. I can't use Trimble. I can't use Windows Live. I can't use Yahoo Go. None of these apps are able to use the "open" GPS.

I think it comes down to GPS versus aGPS...but the point is a Curve (with built in GPS) on another carrier can use ALL of these same apps with no problems. I think VZW continues to lock down the aGPS which is what I think these programs use.

So while technically I guess one could say the GPS is open...none of the programs I've tried actually work because I believe VZW continues to lock down the aGPS...and I kind of doubt they plan to open that up.
    01-15-09 07:18 PM
    Only for blackberry maps and VZnavigator to use.
    01-15-09 09:54 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD