Are there any phones out there in 2021 with a qwerty keyboard that slides vertically? I'm thinking something like a priv but more modern? I have always keyone I'm using I love the phone but it's showing its age. I've thought about a key 2 but want a lot slider form factor as those are my favorite.

I've looked on Google google but no luck are there any I'm missing? Thanks for any help.
    09-25-21 01:31 PM
    Are there any phones out there in 2021 with a qwerty keyboard that slides vertically? I'm thinking something like a priv but more modern? I have always keyone I'm using I love the phone but it's showing its age. I've thought about a key 2 but want a lot slider form factor as those are my favorite.

I've looked on Google google but no luck are there any I'm missing? Thanks for any help.
    Nope.
    3800 likes this.
    09-25-21 03:03 PM

Unfortunately not. And the Priv is too old and slow to be useful today as a primary device.

The Galaxy S8 has the keyboard cover that you can snap the keyboard part to the back of the phone when not using it and you get your full screen...But the keyboard cover is extremely hard to find, have to keep scavenging eBay for one. But the phone itself is probably the easiest to find.

So aside from that, as of right now there is no full screen + keyboard option, unfortunately.
    09-26-21 06:56 AM
    Right now only horizontal sliders are available with Cosmo Communicator and FXtec Pro 1 and its successors AstroSlide and Fxtex Pro 1-x to come out soon
    JECE and Trouveur like this.
    09-26-21 07:23 AM
    Right now only horizontal sliders are available with Cosmo Communicator and FXtec Pro 1 and its successors AstroSlide and Fxtex Pro 1-x to come out soon
    Pro 1x came out last year... they shipped some of the units long ago.
    09-27-21 07:07 AM
    Unfortunately not. And the Priv is too old and slow to be useful today as a primary device.

The Galaxy S8 has the keyboard cover that you can snap the keyboard part to the back of the phone when not using it and you get your full screen...But the keyboard cover is extremely hard to find, have to keep scavenging eBay for one. But the phone itself is probably the easiest to find.

So aside from that, as of right now there is no full screen + keyboard option, unfortunately.
    The Priv works fine, you have go into each program and stop it from running in the background. Once you do that the phone runs fine, also dumping the cache speeds it up. Also off load GOOGLE and load the Light Version and the phone speeds up even more, its just taking the time to set it up if he really wants a slider.
    09-27-21 07:56 AM
    The Priv works fine, you have go into each program and stop it from running in the background. Once you do that the phone runs fine, also dumping the cache speeds it up. Also off load GOOGLE and load the Light Version and the phone speeds up even more, its just taking the time to set it up if he really wants a slider.
    The OP is looking for something current.

A security nightmare from 2015 is probably not an acceptable solution.
    John Albert and sesp9 like this.
    09-27-21 08:16 AM
    The OP is looking for something current.

A security nightmare from 2015 is probably not an acceptable solution.
    The Zippo Pocket Hand Warmers appear to be up to date from a security perspective.
    09-27-21 02:49 PM