I really hope they make a version of the style for gsm use, anybody else with me?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-10 04:30 AM
    There probably isn't the market, with the exception of the razr for a while, it just isn't a form factor that appealed much outside north america.
    12-13-10 06:10 AM
    North America is still a pretty large market, and if a GSM Style came out tomorrow, with the OS6, large screen, large keyboard (for my fat fingers), I'd pony up the cash for it right now.
    12-25-10 07:09 AM
    North America is still a pretty large market, and if a GSM Style came out tomorrow, with the OS6, large screen, large keyboard (for my fat fingers), I'd pony up the cash for it right now.
    Yeah, me too, I think I would even choose it over a new 9000 shape blackberry. Europe is a pretty big market too by the way.

12-25-10 08:19 AM
    If the GSM Style was coming out tomorrow, Bell and Telus would NOT have started selling the CDMA version.

12-25-10 09:40 PM
    If the GSM Style was coming out tomorrow, Bell and Telus would NOT have started selling the CDMA version.

VERY True!

Bell and Telus are both favoring their GSM networks over their CDMA networks so they would hold off bringing in the Style for CDMA if they had ANY hint they could bring it out on GSM in the near future.
    12-26-10 06:27 AM
    VERY True!

Bell and Telus are both favoring their GSM networks over their CDMA networks so they would hold off bringing in the Style for CDMA if they had ANY hint they could bring it out on GSM in the near future.
    Bell and Telus are very small in the grand scheme of things, Rim seems to be thinking more and more global at this point.

12-26-10 07:29 AM
    Bell and Telus are very small in the grand scheme of things, Rim seems to be thinking more and more global at this point.

Agreed that Bell and Telus are very small,
    But that doesn't negate the fact that RIM would be discussing with Carriers about upcoming phones, and with Bell and Telus lauching a CDMA style it is a good indicator that a GSM one is not in the works in the near future

12-26-10 08:34 AM
    Nobody is doubting the size of the north american market, but Rim still seems to do exclusive devices for that region and in this instance sprint are the ones to have it.
    12-30-10 04:37 PM
    Yeah, me too, I think I would even choose it over a new 9000 shape blackberry. Europe is a pretty big market too by the way.
    If you look at actual sales patterns, other than the razr family, Europe simply wasn't that big a market for flip phones, the candy bar form factor was a much bigger seller there.
    12-30-10 04:40 PM
    If you look at actual sales patterns, other than the razr family, Europe simply wasn't that big a market for flip phones, the candy bar form factor was a much bigger seller there.
    Depends how far back you look, there was a time when pretty much everybody in europe had a motorola startac lol

12-30-10 06:26 PM
    I would love to see RIM considering the GSM style. All this while when it comes to high end models, its always been a CDMA. Users from GSM countries would like to rock a clam shell blackberry with a full qwerty keyboard as well. Hmm...a hopeless dream eh?

01-05-11 07:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD