I want to OTA sync contacts and calendar with my Outlook (2002). I don't have Exchange Server and don't want to use Google Sync. I searched for this but most threads went unanswered or are a couple of years old. No objections to paying for the software.
    05-19-10 06:38 PM
    I think I have read that Yahoo has an OTA sync similar to Google. I have not used it, but it might be worth investigating. I'm a BES user.
    05-19-10 07:30 PM
    Try Funambol Open Source Mobile Cloud Sync and Push Email which does OTA sync and there is no need for an exchange server

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-10 05:43 AM
    Try Funambol Open Source Mobile Cloud Sync and Push Email which does OTA sync and there is no need for an exchange server

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    In reading through their site info, it looks like after Oct 2009, they started limiting single user demos to 90 days. The only other way to use it is to have their enterprise edition set up on servers.
    05-20-10 07:34 AM
    I'm probably over simplifying things, but it seems like someone would have written an desktop app that can push calendar and contact changes/additions to a bb, without using the typical "internet cloud" to store the data. I'm just not too keen on all my contact data being stored out there on the web for someone to hack.
    05-20-10 09:59 AM
    Have you looked at AirSet? They have a mobile sync option/app available but I have never tried it. I use my AirSet "cloud" to sync my work Outlook (2002) and my home Outlook (2007) and then I just sync my BB via USB and DM.
    Like I said, I've never used the OTA but the Outlook syncing itself works great and I've never had a problem keeping all my calendars current and accurate.
    There are paid and free versions available and I just use the basic free one.

EDIT: Just saw your above post regarding "clouds" so this probably won't work for you. I feel your pain tho...
    05-20-10 10:23 AM
    I set up an "Exchange" server using Z-Push on my Ubuntu box downstairs and play with it sometimes on my old Touch Diamond. It syncs with Gmail IMAP and works fine. It can be configured with any POP3/IMAP service so I wonder if there is a way to set up something with that?
    05-20-10 12:31 PM
    Have you looked at AirSet? They have a mobile sync option/app available but I have never tried it. I use my AirSet "cloud" to sync my work Outlook (2002) and my home Outlook (2007) and then I just sync my BB via USB and DM.
    Like I said, I've never used the OTA but the Outlook syncing itself works great and I've never had a problem keeping all my calendars current and accurate.
    There are paid and free versions available and I just use the basic free one.

EDIT: Just saw your above post regarding "clouds" so this probably won't work for you. I feel your pain tho...
    Well, sometimes finding a solution means compromising. I've read about people using Google Sync and having issues with calendar events that are too far in the past or future, and they get dropped. Have you seen that problem with Airset?
    Last edited by grey; 05-20-10 at 01:08 PM.
    05-20-10 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD