I will be visiting the United States this summer for a whole month and was looking for a prepaid or no contract phone plan which will allow me unlimited domestic minutes and the use of my Blackberry service.

I already have a new unlocked Blackberry Bold 9700 (GSM / Sim Card version) - so I will really need only a SIM card and I'll be good to go. Boostmobile was an option with a $60 for unlimited talk and Blackberry plan, but it does not support SIM based phones and only CDMA handsets which they provide.

Can someone please tell me if T-Mobile or anyone else (Who are on a GSM or SIM Card Network) has any non contract plans and what they will cost? I found a Blackberry plan for $39.99 a month and $0.45 for incoming or out going calls (Which is too expensive) on T-Mobile's site.

Please let me know if there are other options or prices available for unlimited, no-contract plans.
    07-15-10 05:02 AM
    Even More Plus Plan on TMobile $ 79.99 per month

Even More Plus Unlimited Talk + Text + Web
    07-15-10 05:53 AM

I had the impression that whe you bought this plan for BlackBerry, T-Mobile required that you also bought a BlackBerry phone with it.

I visit my son in the US 2 -3 times a year and not, as yet, found a really good solution to the temporary BlackBerry user.

No Contract Prepaid Unlimited Pay As You Go Phone Plans | Boost Mobile also have a month on month plan for $59.99 but you have to buy a $249 8330 which is ridiculous.

I ended up using my old 8100 and an AT&T Go PHONE SIM card which is crap.
    07-15-10 06:13 AM

Thanks a lot. I hope I don't have to buy a Blackberry from T Mobile first, before I can subscribe to this plan! Can anyone confirm?

I saw this, but wasn't sure if it supported Blackberry Pin related services (Such as Push Mail and BB Messenger).

Is this for unlimited data including the BIS which support the features I am looking for?

Do let me know. Many thanks from Dubai.
    07-15-10 06:24 AM
    I didn't buy my phone from T-mobile and I use this plan. The only draw back is that there is no insurance. But that's really no big deal due to the fact that phones really aren't that hard/expensive to fix depending on your issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-10 09:05 AM
    Yes you can bring your own BB to the Tmobile plan, they will probably charge you 10 bucks for the SIM card. There's a 59 dollar plan too with less minutes. Just tell them you have your own unlocked BB (make sure to get it unlocked), and that you just need a month to month plan. Tmobile is gonna be your best bet cost wise, your other GSM option ATT is going to be more expensive. Now here is the bad news, you will be limited to EDGE and below speeds on Tmobile as your 9700 does not have the Tmobile 3G frequencies (most likely). It DOES have the ATT 3G thou.
    07-15-10 09:08 AM
    Yes you can bring your own BB to the Tmobile plan, they will probably charge you 10 bucks for the SIM card. There's a 59 dollar plan too with less minutes. Just tell them you have your own unlocked BB (make sure to get it unlocked), and that you just need a month to month plan. Tmobile is gonna be your best bet cost wise, your other GSM option ATT is going to be more expensive. Now here is the bad news, you will be limited to EDGE and below speeds on Tmobile as your 9700 does not have the Tmobile 3G frequencies (most likely). It DOES have the ATT 3G thou.
    I'm coming in from Dubai, where 90% of the phones come factory unlocked from Blackberry, so it shouldn't be an issue. I am fine with EDGE, as this is mainly for work related emails and BB messenger.

Apparently there is a 30 - 40 dollar charge for the activation of the line (Separate from the plan bill and SIM card charge) with T Mobile. Guess I'm going to find out as soon as I get into the States! (Now hoping they don't ask for a State ID and address to get this done, cause all I have is a passport and a hotel address!).

Thanks again everyone...
    07-16-10 03:03 PM

this
    i have this and i didnt need to buy the bberry from them, i got a sim card for free and pay the month upfront and youre good to go
    if youdont need internet or bbm they have prepaid which is $50 a month for unlimited talk and unlimited text, but if you do need internet then the plan listed above is your best bet
    07-17-10 01:55 AM
    I'm coming in from Dubai, where 90% of the phones come factory unlocked from Blackberry, so it shouldn't be an issue. I am fine with EDGE, as this is mainly for work related emails and BB messenger.

Apparently there is a 30 - 40 dollar charge for the activation of the line (Separate from the plan bill and SIM card charge) with T Mobile. Guess I'm going to find out as soon as I get into the States! (Now hoping they don't ask for a State ID and address to get this done, cause all I have is a passport and a hotel address!).

Thanks again everyone...
    if you buy it since you are paying upfront for the month they waive it even though they dont advertise it
    07-17-10 01:56 AM
    sweet. thanks @ ezfreeezy. Will sort this out ASAP and post back on the experience...
    07-18-10 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD