Hello all, just wondering if there are any updates on a release date of a proper Desktop Manager for Mac OS. I'm currently using PocketMac... and I hate it !!!

TIA
    07-02-08 09:33 PM
    I wish!! They are really behind the times with this.
    07-02-08 10:56 PM
    I'm not sure I'd consider them behind the times, it's still a reflection of Apple market share and the local competition w/ the iPhone. Same reason you don't find any Sony, Samsung, etc. mp3 device software for the MAC. Anyhow...

I think we're closing to seeing a formal announcement with better Mac Mail integration, OWA integration, etc.

Something tells me the nature of RIM execs is going to be to further step into iPhone territory in retaliation.
    07-02-08 11:05 PM
    I'm not sure I'd consider them behind the times, it's still a reflection of Apple market share and the local competition w/ the iPhone. Same reason you don't find any Sony, Samsung, etc. mp3 device software for the MAC. Anyhow...

I think we're closing to seeing a formal announcement with better Mac Mail integration, OWA integration, etc.

Something tells me the nature of RIM execs is going to be to further step into iPhone territory in retaliation.
    Mac Mail works seemlessly with my Pearl. The emails actually show up on my BB about 2-3 minutes before my Mail.

But i would love a desktop manager for mac.
    07-02-08 11:18 PM

I agree with what you are saying. I just think that RIM would want to tap into the ever growing number of Mac and BB users out there. Granted I understand that most BB corporate types will be using PC for work related reasons but there is a need for the Mac world.
    07-02-08 11:26 PM
    I just wish you could back-up and when the time comes do an OS install, otherwise I seem to be able to live with PocketMac. It has worked for me without any problems any time I sync up what can sync up. The only thing worse than being a Mac user with a smartphone of any brand is a CDMA based smartphone.
    07-04-08 01:02 PM
    I'm a new Blackberry/Mac user and it's too bad we're stuck with PocketMac for syncing. Yes, it works, sometimes, maybe, if I shake a stick and jump up and down 3 times in front of my computer saying "ooga booga, ooga booga." The Mark/Space Missing Sync product works very well, but I'm loath to spend another $40 for basic sync functions.

Also, for whatever reason, Logitech Control Center for Mac will break PocketMac so you can't have both on the same system. The fix suggested by PocketMac..."uninstall LCC."
    07-04-08 01:16 PM
    I'm a new Blackberry/Mac user and it's too bad we're stuck with PocketMac for syncing. Yes, it works, sometimes, maybe, if I shake a stick and jump up and down 3 times in front of my computer saying "ooga booga, ooga booga." The Mark/Space Missing Sync product works very well, but I'm loath to spend another $40 for basic sync functions.

Also, for whatever reason, Logitech Control Center for Mac will break PocketMac so you can't have both on the same system. The fix suggested by PocketMac..."uninstall LCC."
    LCC is terrible anyways. If you are willing to spend $20, then get SteerMouse.
    07-07-08 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD